Supergirl Series

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
oh and one last thing ill say without spoilers is, the denvers parents are brilliantly cast

yeah' I watched the leaked pilot last night.I did not like the trailer at all but I thought the pilot was better.And the Danvers are a nice surprise.
I will say some of the acting is sub par for the CW considering how well Arrow and the Flash casts have been spot on for TV.
It's nice to see Ally McBeal aka:Calista acting again.I guess she told hubby Harrison if you are going to be doing Star Wars I'M doing some DC.

there is a lot of speculation that it was not leaked but intended because the trailer received such a luke warm response.Similar to the Flash pilot.
Anyway,the quality is HD and worth a view.

oh for sure ,its probably an on purpose leak due to the quality and worth the watch and now i can finally finish my supergirl cosplay since i now know that she wear blue undies under that red skirt... no joke . The skirt might not stay for too long if they keep showing whats under as much as they did in this show..

I just got done watching the pilot. Here's my two cents--Supergirl has never been a title that I bought regularly to read, only when her title crossed over in a major event involving Superman or the DCU at large but in all honesty, this pilot (and I believe if it holds, the series to come) really nails the character perfectly and really puts all of her television and film appearances to this point to shame. And I agree wholeheartedly, the casting choices for the Danvers is just pure awesomeness. I didn't mind James Olsen nor Cat Grant either as just like with the other creative choices Greg Berlanti has made on Arrow and The Flash, it works cause these characters CAN be interpreted in a lot of different ways whether on the page or on screen. I personally do not think that this is the same universe that Arrow and the Flash exist in but that does not mean that they cannot appear especially with what we learned with the Flash's season finale. The multiverse exists and the crossovers are going to be coming in the near future. Supergirl is lighthearted and great fun, just like the Flash but there are moments of seriousness and some good drama. But there needs to be more. Some of the character interactions and dialogue compounded with some of the character motivations (and especially what those characters say and do at certain moments) were just sophomoric and utterly juvenile if not cringe inducing. Some just left me scratching my head. I kinda wonder if this pilot will actually make it to air though as I do believe this thing was intentionally put out there by Warner Bros. I could see Berlanti and his crew shooting some different scenes and tightening up some moments to remove all the negative stuff that I mentioned. They've got until November to do it apparently. And I thoroughly believe Warners put this out, to not only build buzz for the show and overcome the lukewarm reaction to the first trailer, but also to point the finger at Marvel Studios and Disney and say out loud that female superheroes will get the attention from us that you will not give them, especially after all of the controversy with Black Widow in Age of Ultron. Hey, I was not a fan of that first Supergirl trailer either cause it was without a doubt just like the Black Widow SNL skit. The pilot, I cannot report, ain't a bit like that. If anything, it is more like The Flash in tone and atmosphere and for Supergirl, it works and works well. I just want it to be more like The Flash with better dialogue, character development and character interactions. They've got an arc in place they want to work on with Supergirl that could end up giving us a good big bad with a lot of nice DC mythos to boot. I'm definitely in come November.

Best way i can describe how the pilot felt is, mix smallville, flash, and id say hart of dixie with a pinch of supernatural and you get an idea of what it is.
It's trying to both be a superhero themed show for the geek in us but the girly under tone is very present and it's borderline too much at times when i reduces the dialogue to what teen girls would write in their diaries about the guys they met at school.
It's far from bad and far from how smallville treated the superhero aspects, but it's not at the level of awesomeness that the flash show accomplished during season 1, its almost there.

Just saw the "leaked" pilot. I enjoyed it a lot. I think this show will be something to look forward to each week. I also think that the leak is on purpose, it being available on HD and without watermarks.

So does this show take place in the same universe as the flash and green arrow? If so then that means that Superman must exist in the TV universe and perhaps batman too. I am so waiting for Bruce to make an appearance on Green Arrow.

I hope it's a non-spoilery comment: Supes does exist in the TV universe, but you'd see things on the show that would make you see that it's not the Superman from Snyder's movies.

Okay, so I've just finished watching the pilot and have mixed feelings about it.

First, I was disappointed we didn't get to see more of the Danvers. From what you were writing, I was expecting more as who they are was already public knowledge for quite some time, and confirmed in the trailer.

Now Jimmy, I actually liked him.

The sorry and background are pretty lame, and I thought it was way inferior to, say, the Smallville pilot.

I thought I'd hate the actress playing Supergirl. Turns out I think she did a pretty good job. At least as Kara. The Supergirl part is kinda ruined bu the cheap looking special effects. Hard to believe that pilot cost that much. Once again, I think Smallville had better FX towards the end of its run and didn't cost that much.

The DEO? Lame, lame lame...

All in all, I'll give the series a chance, but it needs to improve in a lot of way. If it weren't for my love for the Superman character and this being associated with the franchise, I don't think I'd watch more, but that's Supergirl, so I'll keep watching, just in case it gets better...

Okay, so I've just finished watching the pilot and have mixed feelings about it.

First, I was disappointed we didn't get to see more of the Danvers. From what you were writing, I was expecting more as who they are was already public knowledge for quite some time, and confirmed in the trailer.

Now Jimmy, I actually liked him.

The sorry and background are pretty lame, and I thought it was way inferior to, say, the Smallville pilot.

I thought I'd hate the actress playing Supergirl. Turns out I think she did a pretty good job. At least as Kara. The Supergirl part is kinda ruined bu the cheap looking special effects. Hard to believe that pilot cost that much. Once again, I think Smallville had better FX towards the end of its run and didn't cost that much.

The DEO? Lame, lame lame...

All in all, I'll give the series a chance, but it needs to improve in a lot of way. If it weren't for my love for the Superman character and this being associated with the franchise, I don't think I'd watch more, but that's Supergirl, so I'll keep watching, just in case it gets better...

Notice i kept my reviews and words about the pilot spoiler free just in case someone had not been looking up anything about this series, you know since some dont like to know anything going in... So thats why i kept the Danvers part discreet and i think you are being a bit too harsh towards the FX and story elements. Yes some of it was bad but not everything as you make it seem , theres quite a bit of redeeming moments in this pilot to make up for it's short comings.

Oh no, it wasn't bad at all! I did enjoy it. It's just that I was expecting more. I mean, I was a fan of Smallville and I loved The New Adventures of Superman too. This new series seem to be at the crossroad of both. It's teen drama meets lightheartedness, which in a way is the perfect way to attract both types of fans. But somehow, I feel like the budget they allocated to it was going to give us more. I reall feel the FX were bad. Like I said, I enjoyed the Kara part, not the Supergirl one, which is paradoxical for a show titled Supergirl...

I can't find ****.

VVa3lael6q2zhl6mqGufospvo1_1280.png

:lol

Yyyeah very tweeny based on the pilot. Can't say it impressed. Really rushed through everything.

But Melissa Benoist is adorable. I'm sure that's not the primary thing they want people taking away from it but it's all I've got right now.

I think I liked the second costume better. The one with the exposed thighs. Much sexier. :monkey5 :)

First EP didn't blow my mind, it was ok, kinda mediocre, not nearly as bad as the trailer suggested though.

Action was great at times, iffy at times.

In general very cliché and melodramatic.

"James" is ****ing stupid, female villain for female hero, also stupid.

If I've learned anything from these DC shows, is that even when they start weak they can get better so I'm gonna stick to it for a while, still rather watch this than Batrrow.

Back