Supergirl Series

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This looks like it will be the best tv show ever. How can I catch the first episode? I missed it had to work. Vp can I see it on YouTube?

Great episode. The flying effects are great, like she is breaking the sound barrier, oh wait that's what her sister said. Seems like the same effects in 'Man of Steel'. People complaining they don't say "Superman', well they said it a few times here. Her aunt General Astra is like a female Zod. Strange how she doesn't know about Kryptonite. WHat about Hank Henshaw with the red eyes? Maybe that's how he knew about kryptonite? I thought Martian Manhunter at first, but then I found out otherwise that Hank Henshaw is a name from the comics. Also when I saw Astra I thought isn't that the same girl as her mother Alura? Then I realized they're twins and is played by same actress.

I DVR'd the second episode and watched it just now. It looks pretty good so far. Will Superman ever appear in any of the episodes they mention him every chance they get. I see that Kara has pierced ears I wonder how that happened unless the earing are just taped on and how did she ge that tiny dent in her forehead? I hope they explain that too.

So before even watching this show, I said it wouldn't be a hit. That being said, is it even good enough to start? I'd give it a shot but people don't seem to like it much.

I DVR'd the second episode and watched it just now. It looks pretty good so far. Will Superman ever appear in any of the episodes they mention him every chance they get. I see that Kara has pierced ears I wonder how that happened unless the earing are just taped on and how did she ge that tiny dent in her forehead? I hope they explain that too.

Kryptonian Chicken Pox before she was sent to earth?

So before even watching this show, I said it wouldn't be a hit. That being said, is it even good enough to start? I'd give it a shot but people don't seem to like it much.

You have to watch it with an open mind. If you strictly like your superhero shows/films like Daredevil, Gotham, Nolan Trilogy, then you won't like it. If you enjoy AOS, Flash, Age of Ultron, Christopher Reeve Superman and Dean Cain in Lois and Clark, then yes you will enjoy.

Yeah, its an ok show. The dialogue is cheesy sometimes but its a comic book show and I'm not expecting Shakespeare.

So is this going to be the formula for DC shows? Have a character put on a suit then have a group of handsome and beautiful nerds, scientists and military people around them to help save the day? Whatever happened to the lone vigilantes stalking the streets?

So is this going to be the formula for DC shows? Have a character put on a suit then have a group of handsome and beautiful nerds, scientists and military people around them to help save the day? Whatever happened to the lone vigilantes stalking the streets?

What? you can't do that, where's the romance, the love triangle, the family drama?

Yeah OK I don't think this show will be keeping my attention. Benoist being so damn pretty is really the only attraction of it. Everything else is meh in the extreme.

I dunno, I'm not sure Superman mythology works (for me) on television. You have to constantly come up with villains who can in some way offer a challenge to your otherwise invincible hero which means flooding the earth with aliens and other kryptonians right from the off and featuring a new one in every episode. Suddenly your superhero isn't all that special anymore. No sooner has Supergirl started out than immediately she's facing other Aliens with super-strength. And only in the second episode she comes up against her aunt, yet another kryptonian on earth.

At least in movies that only come out every few years it can be assumed that ''offscreen'' Superman contends with regular human crime and natural disasters 98% of the time - the movie depicts a unique event - super-powered threat. You aren't made to wonder how Superman and Supergirl are even considered all that big a deal when apparently there's an endless supply of aliens and other kryptonians making themselves known week after week like on a television show. And why are they all villains? Surely a few more of them would choose the hero route.

Anyway, that would be why I just don't think I'll continue watching this. I stopped watching Smallville eventually for the same kind of reasons. Also the typical formulaic stuff that chewblacca mentioned - if this is what Flash and Arrow are like I will happily not bother catching up on those either.

I cant really get into GOTHAM or this Supergirl show since the T.V genius who put them both on at same time WTF? I would think they could at least not try n compete and work together 4 the fan's even if on differnt station's. Gotham can be kinda o.k but both feel too whiney on show poor supergirl n poor little Bruce Wayne sorry i dont think either show will last too long. I'll try n rewatch both but they both need lot's of work to survive.

I caught the promo for tonight's episode on the radio earlier today and it went something like this: Supergirl has to deal with an old enemy but even worse, she has to deal with James Olsen's ex-girlfriend! :slap

Is this show supposed to be intentionally cheeky, cheesy and winking or is it accidental?

If i had to choose what to watch like Superman 4 and this OMG nuclear man wins by a mile lol. I felt like i tuned into to watch some random girly soap opera on lifetime except the girl beats up the guy ha ha in the wife beater t-shirt.:lol Again haven't been able to tolerate it all the way thru. So far Flash seem's like only decent dc show every other ep might be decent. I hate hollywood writer's read some damn comics MOFO'S!:pfft:

Yeah OK I don't think this show will be keeping my attention. Benoist being so damn pretty is really the only attraction of it. Everything else is meh in the extreme.

I dunno, I'm not sure Superman mythology works (for me) on television. You have to constantly come up with villains who can in some way offer a challenge to your otherwise invincible hero which means flooding the earth with aliens and other kryptonians right from the off and featuring a new one in every episode. Suddenly your superhero isn't all that special anymore. No sooner has Supergirl started out than immediately she's facing other Aliens with super-strength. And only in the second episode she comes up against her aunt, yet another kryptonian on earth.

At least in movies that only come out every few years it can be assumed that ''offscreen'' Superman contends with regular human crime and natural disasters 98% of the time - the movie depicts a unique event - super-powered threat. You aren't made to wonder how Superman and Supergirl are even considered all that big a deal when apparently there's an endless supply of aliens and other kryptonians making themselves known week after week like on a television show. And why are they all villains? Surely a few more of them would choose the hero route.

Anyway, that would be why I just don't think I'll continue watching this. I stopped watching Smallville eventually for the same kind of reasons. Also the typical formulaic stuff that chewblacca mentioned - if this is what Flash and Arrow are like I will happily not bother catching up on those either.

The Flash is 3 miles above this show :lol

Back