Supergirl Series

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is she Pentacostal? That's a really long skirt.

I think the creators of this show might want to look the word 'super' up in a dictionary. Unless they're going for super-average, they have missed the mark (although she will fit in fine with the rest of the DC cosplay-verse).

I don't mind Supergirl as much, but the Jimmy Olsen...**** my bad, JAMES, looks like utter ****. And the Kara portion will be atrocious. I'm willing to give 2 episodes or so to see what goes.

Also can we stop with the whole: "My name is _____ and I ____"

Looks like Ally McBeal injected about 10 gallons of botox into her face.

Jesus, that's who that is? FFS she looks awful. When she came on screen I knew she looked familiar, but couldn't quite come up with it. She looks like the female gremlin from Gremlins 2. :lol

All the stuff with Supergirl was good. However everything involving Kara's personal life and her work just made me want to punch whoever wrote this crap. I can easily see this show being 10% decent Superhero stuff and 90% derivative young adult show drivel.

I agree with you. The SG stuff looked okay. It was all that crappy girly music and teen drama that made me want to pull what hair I have out.

Supergirl: a few thoughts on the trailer criticism

"So if your disappointment with Supergirl is that you wanted something else entirely, that's fair enough. Perhaps AKA Jessica Jones will scratch your itch. Perhaps Captain Marvel will. Perhaps they won't. But there's a difference between "this is bad" and "this isn't what I wanted". Supergirl might not be the show you were hoping for, but it's going to be the show some people wanted. The only way to make that sting less is to make sure the variety of female heroes one day matches the variety of male heroes."

"The thing we all need to realise is that not every superhero show is aimed at us. You might exclusively like grim, serious, realist superhero television. Not everyone does. The important question is whether the tone works for the character, and in this instance light and upbeat works for Supergirl in the same way dark and dour doesn't work for Superman. Supergirl was never going to be as dark as Daredevil, nor should it want to be. If you want a darker superheroine show, the chance will hopefully come around. That doesn't mean this one is bad. It means it's aimed at an audience that doesn't include you. "

i thought this summed up a lot of positives about the trailer and peoples attitude towards it ,wont change anyones mind ,but worth a read

this point out a few easter eggs in the trailer
Supergirl TV Series Trailer Analysis: 28 DC Comics References and Easter Eggs

Take your favourite thing . Turn it into teen drama which supposed not to be. Maybe will change your perspective IDK

It may not be your thing but that doesn't mean its bad. The show Gotham is screwing up every pre-conceived notion of how the Batman villains came to be but I like it because there is room for different ideas. Its not taking away anything from the comics so if you like those then stick to those.. no big deal.

I don't know. Looks like a light hearted, fun show. The 6 minute preview was better than anything in Man of Steel. Maybe I'm just old and out of touch with what people like these days :dunno

With Olsen it's odd. Him being racelifted isn't an issue but racelifted and changed totally in character is just completely in name only. At least with MCD as Kingpin, MBJ as Johnny Storm and others they were racelifted but still the same in characterisation.

like this lol

the irony with this parody is that it STILL looks a lot better than Supergirl.

That was really well done.

I don't know. Looks like a light hearted, fun show. The 6 minute preview was better than anything in Man of Steel. Maybe I'm just old and out of touch with what people like these days :dunno

flash is light hearted too and it didnt need cheesy cringy stuff in it

*cough*Iwatchittoo*cough* *cough*AaaandTheOriginals*cough*

Excuse me.

What the hell? I'll check it out.......I will admit to watching Vampire Diaries, and that's the most girly show on tv.......

i remember when years ago i said i watched all the twilight movies and everyone tore me a new one... lol
:lol
how times change

Are there srsly people upset about a Supergirl show?

Supergirl is awesome. That is, when she's awesome.

uploads_5c168427-b307-4501-8b5c-ff0ddc90444d-supergirlbi8-jpg-8845.jpg

Supergirl-in-Superman-Unbound.jpg

8460d6ec5c90b436d1d3b9017bed771c.jpg

supergirl_magazine_final_lr_by_artgerm-d61tugs.jpg

adam_hughes_supergirl_wallpaper.jpg

But when she's not...

Supergirl.jpg

Last edited:
*cough*Iwatchittoo*cough* *cough*AaaandTheOriginals*cough*

Excuse me.

lol, yup. The Originals is a lot less girly, though.....pretty damn good spinoff....

i remember when years ago i said i watched all the twilight movies and everyone tore me a new one... lol
how times change

Shh....we don't use the 'T' word around these parts.....

how times change

I've seen em too, and I didn't hate then either. :rotfl

I like Vampire Diaries, but it isn't necessarily a girly show. It has quite the misleading title. haven't seen it for a while though, and I like the Originals too.

Back