Summer Glau/Cameron Terminator:SCC custom head interest

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, here's what I've got off the list so far:

1) Bald heads - 4 people interested in 5 heads. It's close, but not quite there.
2) Firefly hair style - There's not as much interest here, I think I've seen 4-5 people tops expressing interest in a Firefly specific version. However, some people may want to switch to this version depending on if they like it better than the Terminator style. A lot of the success for this head may depend on the hairstyle chosen.
3) Terminator style - The easy winner, most requests have been geared for this one. I think we're looking at 20+ requests for this style.
4) Terminator S2 battle-damage style - This one's good to go, 10 people definitely interested in this version.

I did also hear back from Kuato in case anyone was wanting to know if he would accept a money order instead of Paypal if needed. The answer is 'yes'.

Update to this, MWD wants to see the bald version quite a bit, and qwaark asked for the last two spots to see this one get made. So we have 3 versions with enough interest to be made at this time, not counting those only tentatively interested:

1. Bald (7) - requirement met, 5 people asking for 7 heads.
2. River Tam/Firefly style (15) - not met, 3 people asking for a River variant
3. Cameron/Terminator (15) - requirement met, 28 people asking asking for 32 heads.
4. Cameron/Terminator battle-damaged (7) - requirement met, 10 people asking for 10 heads.

I did some cross-posting at the other boards last night, but no one has asked to switch their Cameron type to a river type yet. I might give it another couple of days to make sure everyone has the chance to read and respond. I'll also add another post to Wedonville.

Anyway, even if we're just looking at the above numbers, can we firm up the pricing at $20 each for the other 3 variants? The Cameron regular head is at double the minimum requirement, so hoping that will compensate for the 15 we haven't met on the River style.

I of course would prefer a River but all these have to be pending final product likeness. I want to purchase a piece that looks like River. Sooo, put me down as pending.

Anyway, even if we're just looking at the above numbers, can we firm up the pricing at $20 each for the other 3 variants? The Cameron regular head is at double the minimum requirement, so hoping that will compensate for the 15 we haven't met on the River style.

Sure, with the numbers you listed $20.00 per head works fine.

Tell you what. Let's drop the requirement for Firefly variant to around 6 or 7. This will cover my mold price at least. And I have a feeling once people get to see her there will be a few more sales. I'm willing to gamble on the extra work time! :D

BTW, if anyone is concerned about the quality of the likeness, please take a look at my website. (Ignore it's ugly design! I put it up as a place holder 8 years ago. It's a just a wee bit overdue for a redesign!) https://www.chowes.com. You can see the range and quality of work I've been involved in. What you see is a sampling of about 1% of the projects I've done in my career!

I've been a professional in the toy business since 1989. So, rest assured you'll get good product from me.

I'm really looking forward to this project!

Sure, with the numbers you listed $20.00 per head works fine.

Tell you what. Let's drop the requirement for Firefly variant to around 6 or 7. This will cover my mold price at least. And I have a feeling once people get to see her there will be a few more sales. I'm willing to gamble on the extra work time! :D

BTW, if anyone is concerned about the quality of the likeness, please take a look at my website. (Ignore it's ugly design! I put it up as a place holder 8 years ago. It's a just a wee bit overdue for a redesign!) https://www.chowes.com. You can see the range and quality of work I've been involved in. What you see is a sampling of about 1% of the projects I've done in my career!

I've been a professional in the toy business since 1989. So, rest assured you'll get good product from me.

I'm really looking forward to this project!

Awesome :D I updated the original list and split out a separate Firefly/River Tam section for those interested. There's 7 there already...I would prefer marking less people as tentative but I understand a lot of people wanting to see the sculpt before committing to it. If anyone did NOT want to be moved to the River Tam list (or wants a Cameron regular in addition to River Tam), please let me know so I can correct it! Basically, if you expressed interest in using the Cameron head for River, I moved you over to the River list :)

For those interested in the Firefly version, please let me know if there's a sepcific hairstyle or source picture you want used for reference and I'll add it to the first post as well.

BuffyGirl - I currently have you down for 1 River Tam, and 1 Cameron battle-damaged version. Definitely let me know if I need to make an adjustment for you :)

BuffyGirl - I currently have you down for 1 River Tam, and 1 Cameron battle-damaged version. Definitely let me know if I need to make an adjustment for you :)

Ok so just to be clear, this is what I want. Cameron, Battle damaged Cameron, and River Tam. All painted.

Plz drop me (jallen67 osw) from the regular list, I only want a River. When do we send the money?

Done man, thanks for the clarification! As for when Chris is willing to accept payments, I'll let him address that. I would presume shortly before he is ready to begin work.

And thansk BuffyGirl, I have you down correctly now :)

I am very interested in Cameron regular and Cameron Battle-damage and I want both to be painted :)

Hey man, just wanted to ask if you could slide my name into the painted list. Guess I should have stated that the first time. :) I'm no painter, so it would be great if it is already taken care of for me. :D Thanks.

Hello All! Glad to see this is progressing so well, I'm really excited to paint this girl up, I"ve been painting a few Cy Girl heads to brush up on my female painting skills :). Once I"m done with TDK sculpts with Chris, I hope to showcase his great abilities on this sculpt as well. Keep up all this demand guys, I'm sure you'll get alot of wanted sculpts from Chris H.

Chris C.

Hello All! Glad to see this is progressing so well, I'm really excited to paint this girl up, I"ve been painting a few Cy Girl heads to brush up on my female painting skills :). Once I"m done with TDK sculpts with Chris, I hope to showcase his great abilities on this sculpt as well. Keep up all this demand guys, I'm sure you'll get alot of wanted sculpts from Chris H.

Chris C.

I think I've seen your skills on an Underworld Selene sculpt before, so I know you'll do great :) Not to mention that your recent Joker work is just mindblowing! Thank you very, very much for helping us out on this, Chris!

Some questions and my responses on the MWD board:

16k wrote:
Hey Cryoguns, I was wondering:
I didn't mention it but being from France, I hope CHowes can ship them there (of course, I know I'll have to pay more). Besides, I have signed on SSF for a Resident Evil Mila, do you think he may ship both together, even if it means waiting longer? (I don't mind as I'm not in a hurry) Finally, do you plan on commissioning a Chronicle Sarah Connor and John Connor ? If so, I'd also be really interested...

I'm pretty sure he can ship them overseas. There might have been a couple of UK people in his Batman TDK list. As far as holding them for the Milla comission, you could always ask him at [email protected] . If it were me, I might not ask to hold them as the shipping should not be too bad for one resin head via airmail, and Chris is going to be picking up a lot of board commissions soon. Summer Glau's still around the corner, and then I know he's also going to be doing three Ghostbusters commissioned by WST (William Shatner's Toupee on SSF), and possibly the Milla comission. I'm thinking the Milla comission may take a bit to hash out the details...there's a few people interested, but everyone wants a different version between the three RE movies it seems.

As for considering Sarah Connor and John Conner....YES! I am definitely keeping that in mind for the future given how much Cameron interest there has been, and provided the rest of the Cameron commission goes well. Ideally, probably just an S1 and S2 version of John for the hair, and a Sarah Connor regular and bald version. I'd probably want to do them in the same multi-board format provided everything works well on this one. It's a lot of work, but it also helps bring a lot of people together on the same project, and gathers far more interest than any one board alone would.

rogerbee wrote:
Thanks Cryoguns,

Now I've seen Chris's stuff I'm more reassured that he'll do a good job. I noticed some of his heads had sculpted irises, I quite like these and would find it a help if Summer had them. If nobody else wants her to have them, that's fine, I'll go with what they want. I should also point out that I'm in the UK, will shipping be more? The 'au naturel' pic I posted is a good reference for some of the asymmetries her face has, like the shape of her eyes and the twist of her nose. The early versions of my morph didn't have these and looked off somehow. The final version had them and looked totally right. Even in 1/6th, you will notice these, often, the less perfect a face looks, the better it is.

Every one of my character morphs has a slight quirk to it, a difference in the eyes, a kink in the nose and so on, I just find it makes them more interesting to look at

CHEERS!

Regarding sculpted irises...I'll go ahead and say I never liked them. Some Ada Chan heads I've gotten have that, and I always feel that I need to fix them before painting. IMHO, they limit painting options a little...if you want to do side-ways glancing eyes, you have to carefully fill and sand them to get the rest of the eye smooth.

I will also mark you down as a UK resident as well. I'll hit up Chris H. and Chris C. (Kuato) to ask if they have a flat overseas shipping rate.

Last edited:
Thanks for moving me to the River list. When you update again, please mark me down for the paint too. Thanks.

Back