Summer Glau/Cameron Terminator:SCC custom head interest

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Interested in both heads and having both painted.
What kind of payment would you take (i.e. PayPal)?

I think Chris Howes and Kuato would be accepting payments directly, and I believe both do take Paypal. I'll be sure to add this info once we're finalized on all the initial details.

Unfortunately, I couldn't swing the funds until after the first of the year due to medical bills, but if that works out in the timeframe, then I'm in for a painted version of both if the sculpt comes out good.

I'm not positive on the timeframe (both Chris Howes and Kuato are currently working on some TDK sculpts & painting), but I'm hoping we're looking at within the next few weeks to begin this project. Chris may keep this sculpt availible for the future as well, but that is his call on that. Hope it helps, and hope everything works out with the bills!

Add me to the list depending on whether the sculpt looks close enough for River.

Got you in there man..I marked you down as tentative.

The lsit should be updated otherwise...we've definitely got some interest in making this happen! Looking at 20+ people who are interested, which is great!

I would be down for one, but would want to see how it turns out first. (I'll admit I wouldn't use it for Cameron. It would be River)

I might be interested but I have to see it first. Plus I need to know if it would be alright to pay with a money order.

I think Chris Howes and Kuato would be accepting payments directly, and I believe both do take Paypal. I'll be sure to add this info once we're finalized on all the initial details.

I'm not positive on the timeframe (both Chris Howes and Kuato are currently working on some TDK sculpts & painting), but I'm hoping we're looking at within the next few weeks to begin this project. Chris may keep this sculpt availible for the future as well, but that is his call on that. Hope it helps, and hope everything works out with the bills!

Yes we both take PayPal. We'll post the pertinent info later when we actually start. That may have to be in a few weeks. I do have the other Dark Knight heads and a few private commissions to get done first. But I may slip her into the mix to get her started soon.

Anyone know a good source for a Cy Girl body? I want to get a hold of one to work out the hair issue. I want to try and find a way to keep the cost at what Cryoguns and I discussed. The flexy solution would incur greater cost and there is the paint issue. Flexible paint would be required. Cel Vinyl paint would likely work but would be an extra expense for everyone. So I want to see if I can make rigid resin work.

I'm thinking back to when I did the Xena and Hercules 12" figures for Toy Biz in the late 90's. They rooted hair to the vinyl heads, which always left me unsatisfied, so I really want this to work out right with sculpted hair.

Last edited:
Interested to see how this turns out... not sure I'd want a figure of Cameron or River, but I'm thinking a battle damaged version of her would look pretty badass.

Yes we both take PayPal. We'll post the pertinent info later when we actually start. That may have to be in a few weeks. I do have the other Dark Knight heads and a few private commissions to get done first. But I may slip her into the mix to get her started soon.

Anyone know a good source for a Cy Girl body? I want to get a hold of one to work out the hair issue. I want to try and find a way to keep the cost at what Cryoguns and I discussed. The flexy solution would incur greater cost and there is the paint issue. Flexible paint would be required. Cel Vinyl paint would likely work but would be an extra expense for everyone. So I want to see if I can make rigid resin work.

I'm thinking back to when I did the Xena and Hercules 12" figures for Toy Biz in the late 90's. They rooted hair to the vinyl heads, which always left me unsatisfied, so I really want this to work out right with sculpted hair.

Thanks for the timeframe update, Chris! I think that's fairly close to what we were all expecting with your work on the TDK heads. I'll spot you on the Cy Girl body as well...no issues there.

What opinions does every have on the molded hair? For myself, I'm perfectly fine with rigid resin hair. While the flexible hair option does sound very cool, I'm not sure how much it will add for a range of movement in the head. As noted above, the flexible hair will also be more expensive and choosier about what paints can be used on it.

well i'm alright with anything but rooted hair. i HATE rooted hair. i dont really care about movement cuz i'm gonna pose her looking foward or maybe with her head turned slightly. i'd be willing to pay more to go the extra mile though, if it means she will turn out looking fantastic with great movement capabilities.

ps. these will be modded to fit most female bodies out there right? i think im gonna use the new triad body even if it means my cameron will be a little more endowed upstairs.:lol

Put me down as "tentative pending final sculpt" for a painted regular head. I too will probably turn her into River. Looking forward to seeing this one! Thanks Cryoguns, Chris and Kuato! :banana

I don't remember a Hercules, but I do recall the Xena series of 12" figures. Did you sculpt all of them or just Xena?

ps. these will be modded to fit most female bodies out there right? i think im gonna use the new triad body even if it means my cameron will be a little more endowed upstairs.:lol

The great thing about the Cy Girl neckpost is that so many figures use that style :D It will fit the Triad Otaku body as a result. The neck on the Otaku is a little longer than normal, but you should be able to make adjustments for that.

I don't remember a Hercules, but I do recall the Xena series of 12" figures. Did you sculpt all of them or just Xena?

Let's see....... Xena, Gabrielle, Callisto, Ares. And Hercules. That's all I remember. Plus some goofy head gear, armor and weapons. This was about 1998 and 1999.

I can only find 2 photos. Xena and Hercules. Keep in mind these were for rotocast vinyl which shrinks more left to right than top to bottom. They had issues with her cheeks sinking in, so I filled the hollow of her cheeks to compensate. So she looks a little puffy.
BaldXena.jpg

BaldHercules.jpg

Is there a point where we can compromise between River and Cameron hair?

I'd like something close to this:

serenitypromo0053oq.jpg

Let's see....... Xena, Gabrielle, Callisto, Ares. And Hercules. That's all I remember. Plus some goofy head gear, armor and weapons. This was about 1998 and 1999.

I can only find 2 photos. Xena and Hercules. Keep in mind these were for rotocast vinyl which shrinks more left to right than top to bottom. They had issues with her cheeks sinking in, so I filled the hollow of her cheeks to compensate. So she looks a little puffy.
BaldXena.jpg

BaldHercules.jpg

I must admit to liking the Xenas and Gabrielle. I'd love to see what Callisto looked like before Toy Biz got her, the released version was horrifying. Ares (RIP Kevin Smith) was nice and the Herc looks decent in your pic, but I still can't recall ever seeing one on the shelf.
Anything else that you did in the 1:6 realm?

Is there a point where we can compromise between River and Cameron hair?

I'd like something close to this:

serenitypromo0053oq.jpg

We might be able to, but of course I'm more partial to the Cameron hair. It may just be a matter of enough people wanting a certain variant...which would be a better question for Chris.

And I have the list updated again...thanks guys! :banana

Back