Media-Movie Suicide Squad Hot Toys figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
DX is dead, it died with Mime Joker and was solidified as dead the moment Batman Returns Batman/Bruce Wayne became a regular MMS set.

They're not going to go all out for Leto Joker, just look at their recent 20 releases in the past year. Most of them are barebones with little effort. I remember when we all made lists of what we'd like to see for the "Ultimate" Ledger and Nicholson Joker from them. Guess what, most of those never came to be. Instead what they did was hold certain versions or accessories or upgrades over the span of a couple of releases. We never got the Nicholson Mob/Gangster Joker and Ledger Joker never even got an RPG or lead pipe. It took 4 releases to finally get no brainers like the knife in the shoe or regular flesh hands to have a proper interrogation look. Then they ended their Joker streak with a lame, odd choice like Mime Joker (so many better versions they could have done) and a rehashed/repainted Bank Joker. They didn't end either character on a high note in terms of releases for a character that pretty much spawned "deluxe" releases and put them on the map.

Hot Toys wants you to buy as many different releases as they can, it's more profitable that way. That's why they don't sell head sculpts individually or costumes and weapons. Hell, we rarely get two headsculpt sunless it's some bonus pack thing or a repainted Batman or Captain America. With Leto Joker, it wouldn't surprise me if they release a barebones, shirtless Joker with just the tats on him and a couple of hands and a weapon or two. Think Drax or BvS Superman or Black Panther. Then later we'll see a bunch of the other looks like their other popular character selections.

i'm ready to buy every iterations of leto's joker

funny that i never felt the need to buy more than 1 ledger's joker

DX is dead, it died with Mime Joker and was solidified as dead the moment Batman Returns Batman/Bruce Wayne became a regular MMS set.

They're not going to go all out for Leto Joker, just look at their recent 20 releases in the past year. Most of them are barebones with little effort. I remember when we all made lists of what we'd like to see for the "Ultimate" Ledger and Nicholson Joker from them. Guess what, most of those never came to be. Instead what they did was hold certain versions or accessories or upgrades over the span of a couple of releases. We never got the Nicholson Mob/Gangster Joker and Ledger Joker never even got an RPG or lead pipe. It took 4 releases to finally get no brainers like the knife in the shoe or regular flesh hands to have a proper interrogation look. Then they ended their Joker streak with a lame, odd choice like Mime Joker (so many better versions they could have done) and a rehashed/repainted Bank Joker. They didn't end either character on a high note in terms of releases for a character that pretty much spawned "deluxe" releases and put them on the map.

Hot Toys wants you to buy as many different releases as they can, it's more profitable that way. That's why they don't sell head sculpts individually or costumes and weapons. Hell, we rarely get two headsculpt sunless it's some bonus pack thing or a repainted Batman or Captain America. With Leto Joker, it wouldn't surprise me if they release a barebones, shirtless Joker with just the tats on him and a couple of hands and a weapon or two. Think Drax or BvS Superman or Black Panther. Then later we'll see a bunch of the other looks like their other popular character selections.

Quoted for truth.

HT gave us the first BvS teaser about four months before the movie came out. About that long until Suicide Squad opens, so hopefully we'll be seeing something soon.

Sent from my 831C using Tapatalk

With the terrible track record re: googly eyes, we should consider this mercy.

You know what sucks though? They finally got the eyes right with Batmam Returns Batman with the individual eye articulation system they used on the Hulk, 1/4 Batman and the Terminator. No more broken eyes, smooth and easy to move, it's pretty much perfect. That Keaton Batman also has the nicest baby blues I've seen on a 1:6 figure to date.

Kind of a shame they scrapped it since they got it right after 15 tries. Why they went with the "parallel" system that was so prone to QC issues is beyond me. Should have been single pegs in the beginning.

HT gave us the first BvS teaser about four months before the movie came out. About that long until Suicide Squad opens, so hopefully we'll be seeing something soon.

Sent from my 831C using Tapatalk

Next week! Cmon HT!:gah:

I think we have some more Civil War announcements before they get to Suicide Squad.

I'm tellin you he is gonna be an iconic Joker in no time- these gifs alone creep me out...he is coming across very nicely

I think the initial photo of him screaming made him instantly iconic.

hDA28h1.jpg

If the film is good and he's really good...maybe great, that would cement him as true pop culture icon....if not, he'll still be somewhat iconic, but maybe not as popular as previous versions. Kind of like Val Kilmer as Batman :lol

You know what sucks though? They finally got the eyes right with Batmam Returns Batman with the individual eye articulation system they used on the Hulk, 1/4 Batman and the Terminator. No more broken eyes, smooth and easy to move, it's pretty much perfect. That Keaton Batman also has the nicest baby blues I've seen on a 1:6 figure to date.

Kind of a shame they scrapped it since they got it right after 15 tries. Why they went with the "parallel" system that was so prone to QC issues is beyond me. Should have been single pegs in the beginning.

This is a theory: developing pers might have something to do with Enterbay patenting the single pegs. Didn't one of their Bruce lee figures feature single peg eyes? Considering how following EB figures didn't feature that extra articulation, I'm assuming their patent ran up, which gave HT a chance to ditch the pers and use pegs for QS001 and batman returns.

Just a guesstimate.

This is a theory: developing pers might have something to do with Enterbay patenting the single pegs. Didn't one of their Bruce lee figures feature single peg eyes? Considering how following EB figures didn't feature that extra articulation, I'm assuming their patent ran up, which gave HT a chance to ditch the pers and use pegs for QS001 and batman returns.

Just a guesstimate.

I'm curious, how do the eyes break with PERS? I have 3 DX figures.

I'm curious, how do the eyes break with PERS? I have 3 DX figures.

I don't know about the others, but for me personally, my DX12 (TDKR batman) had his pers mechanism break on me. I don't really know how to describe it, but the hinge broke, possibly due to the plastic made of brittle material. So it lost the pers mechanism. To pose his eyes, i have to move them individually.

I don't know about the others, but for me personally, my DX12 (TDKR batman) had his pers mechanism break on me. I don't really know how to describe it, but the hinge broke, possibly due to the plastic made of brittle material. So it lost the pers mechanism. To pose his eyes, i have to move them individually.

Yeah that always scared me myself. My DX11 Joker is a pain in the ass to move the eyes around, I'm always afraid to break it.

In all fairness fellas, PERS was a home run (breakage aside) 80-90% of the time. Other than Indy being an absolute miss, I think PERS was a great feature for the DX releases. It gave the figures extra life. They were more expressive in spite of having one look, and it's all due to the PERS. it opened up so many display options and I seriously hope HT hasn't abandoned it altogether. We don't need the pers mechanism because of its fragility, however if they can keep the single peg eyeballs, it's better than nothing, just as long I can continue having that extra bit of articulation.

Back