Toys Battalion The Champion (Shazam)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1692102107623.gif

Here is the final product. No comment.

WOW!!!

Even as a person who never interested I owning this figure I find it disappointing. It looks really bad in these pics.

I have never been a Shazam fan but I started this thread bk I came across the announcements and had seen that a lot of people on this forum had been hoping that Hot Toys would make a Shazam figure. It seemed that this figure could be a decent movie version for collectors but this company did not deliver.

That said, it seems that if this costume is put on another body it could work. Not sure about what to do regarding the headsculpt though

WOW!!!

Even as a person who never interested I owning this figure I find it disappointing. It looks really bad in these pics.

I have never been a Shazam fan but I started this thread bk I came across the announcements and had seen that a lot of people on this forum had been hoping that Hot Toys would make a Shazam figure. It seemed that this figure could be a decent movie version for collectors but this company did not deliver.

That said, it seems that if this costume is put on another body it could work. Not sure about what to do regarding the headsculpt though
well mine should be here saturday or monday and ive got a replacement body with ankle extenders ready to roll

the silicone Arnold copy body

so we can all find out and be disappointed together lol

hoping the heads arnt as bad as they look as ive no back up plan for that eventuality lol

well mine should be here saturday or monday and ive got a replacement body with ankle extenders ready to roll

hoping the heads arnt as bad as they look as ive no back up plan for that eventuality lol
I bet the suit will look much better on a different body than Toys Battalion used. If the costume fits over that Arnold body it should look nice!

As far as the headsculpt is concerned, I hope that it looks better in different lighting. If not at least the version with the bubble obscures a good portion of the face.

I really hope this works out for you @LIBBY1957DOG please share some pics after your mods.

Let me know how the process goes. I’m gonna be getting an M36 as well.

I bet the suit will look much better on a different body than Toys Battalion used. If the costume fits over that Arnold body it should look nice!

As far as the headsculpt is concerned, I hope that it looks better in different lighting. If not at least the version with the bubble obscures a good portion of the face.

I really hope this works out for you @LIBBY1957DOG please share some pics after your mods.
Let me know how the process goes. I’m gonna be getting an M36 as well.
will do 👍 it looks like Monday for delivery now

so crap pictures incoming lol

We've got it

We expect to deliver it on Monday 21 August 2023 between 9:28am - 11:28am
We have your item at Princess Royal Parcel Hub and it's on its way.
Update delivery options
If a delivery timeframe is shown, please be aware this is our delivery aim, not a guarantee.
Tracking number:FJ930180328GBService used:Royal Mail Tracked 48™

okay hes arrived

where to start
well he was well packed and giantoys did their usual great fast dispatch and pack ,
this came with a sticker proclaiming it was 100% authentic and in mint condition

which i suppose it was but 100% authentic to what lol

well thats the good out of the way
now on to the rest ,hes every bit as bad as the pictures in this thread show he is

and already staining from the suit is showing on the cape and the body

the body is hopelessly inadequate in build as a representation for the guy in the flick ,its probably the same as the mars guardian figure ,a wolverine clone i think

the suit is well made but a muddy red not as vibrant as it looks ,the added abs are well done but the suit is rubber sort of like the old action man /gi joe frogman scuba suits from the 1960
and have about as much stretch ie not much and are just as difficult to take off and i suspect put back on

so with that in mind im abandoning my silicone body plan as i cant face the hassle of try to get it too fit ,sadly if it went on it would have the same problem full size costumes have and compress the muscles and lose the build

got a zod some where i ll try to swap out later when i remember where i left him lol

other than that might try a bane clone body or just gift it to my nephew

the flesh tone is very pale in hand ,the head sculpts look okay to me but my eyesight's not great and im easily pleased and looking for positives lol
20230821_105329.jpg
20230821_105705.jpg
20230821_105715.jpg
20230821_111022.jpg
20230821_111208.jpg

okay curiosity got the better of me so i gave it a shot at trying first the arm in the suit using a under suit to assist the sliding it on

this has convinced me the suit as is .is too small for this body
,i seriously doubt you could get the body in it and get it up over the shoulders to close the back

the suit material is very much like a balloon and that worries me it would tear under too much stress ,there are no hems or reinforced edges on the open ends of the suit round the neck and i could easily see it tearing

happy to be proven wrong lol
20230821_115602.jpg

I just walked over to my closest mirror, took a long hard look at myself and gave me some positive affirmation:

I just paid $160 for a spare Wolverine body, three kitbash Zachary Levi headsculpts, and some snacks to use for my Deadpool. I still like myself and overall, I still make good decisions. I am smart, I am loved and I endeavor to always learn from my mistakes. In closing, Toys Battalion is dead to me.

Well, sheeeeeee-it!
yeah it is lol

but after buggering about with it and bunging it all on a bane clone with thigh extenders ,im happy enough with it for what it cost me ,

ive hardly done much to it and it not totally finished it its still not sewn up the back so it will be a tighter fit in the arms and the cape and emblem are not secured

so for 170 buck delivered and a clone body its okay at least as good as a unleashed viper custom that are twice what this cost

as ever your mileage may vary

edit not singling out vipers but they are one of the few ive bought customs from
20230821_181248.jpg
20230821_181306.jpg
20230821_181347.jpg
20230821_181452.jpg

Last edited:
okay hes arrived

where to start
well he was well packed and giantoys did their usual great fast dispatch and pack ,
this came with a sticker proclaiming it was 100% authentic and in mint condition

which i suppose it was but 100% authentic to what lol

well thats the good out of the way
now on to the rest ,hes every bit as bad as the pictures in this thread show he is

and already staining from the suit is showing on the cape and the body

the body is hopelessly inadequate in build as a representation for the guy in the flick ,its probably the same as the mars guardian figure ,a wolverine clone i think

the suit is well made but a muddy red not as vibrant as it looks ,the added abs are well done but the suit is rubber sort of like the old action man /gi joe frogman scuba suits from the 1960
and have about as much stretch ie not much and are just as difficult to take off and i suspect put back on

so with that in mind im abandoning my silicone body plan as i cant face the hassle of try to get it too fit ,sadly if it went on it would have the same problem full size costumes have and compress the muscles and lose the build

got a zod some where i ll try to swap out later when i remember where i left him lol

other than that might try a bane clone body or just gift it to my nephew

the flesh tone is very pale in hand ,the head sculpts look okay to me but my eyesight's not great and im easily pleased and looking for positives lol View attachment 657670View attachment 657671View attachment 657672View attachment 657673View attachment 657674
OMG, I am so sorry

yeah it is lol

but after buggering about with it and bunging it all on a bane clone with thigh extenders ,im happy enough with it for what it cost me ,

ive hardly done much to it and it not totally finished it its still not sewn up the back so it will be a tighter fit in the arms and the cape and emblem are not secured

so for 170 buck delivered and a clone body its okay at least as good as a unleashed viper custom that are twice what this cost

as ever your mileage may vary

edit not singling out vipers but they are one of the few ive bought customs from View attachment 657751View attachment 657752
That new body is a big improvement for sure!

Maybe you can alter the belt a little bit in the back if there is gapping (I can’t really tell).

That new body is a big improvement for sure!

Maybe you can alter the belt a little bit in the back if there is gapping (I can’t really tell).
cheers yeah it does gap and ill glue a little elastic or something to close the gap and keep it tight

im going to try to pad the hips and groin a little to balance his proportions out a little better and maybe add a little to his latts 👍

Back