Stupid question about my iPod

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ProgMatinee

circlesendwheretheybegin
Reaction score
So, this is a weird one, I guess I'm more curious if anyone knows how it actually works.

Sometimes I have to take off my headphones (they are not Apple brand) to answer the phone or talk to someone in my office or whatever.

And when I put the headphones back on I noticed the ipod was smart enough to pause the song (or it stops at the end of the song) and then I have to press play to get it going again. This is like in the middle of an album, so its not stopping because it hit the end. If I only take my headphones off for a few seconds it still goes, but I notice if my conversation was a few minutes long it will stop.

So how does the ipod know that I took my headphones off?

i'm still using the first gen video ipod, 5th gen in the line. it automatically pauses when you take out the headphones.

this was like 8 years ago. lolz

wondering why the late reaction, took you this time.lolz

i'm still using the first gen video ipod, 5th gen in the line. it automatically pauses when you take out the headphones.

this was like 8 years ago. lolz

wondering why the late reaction, took you this time.lolz

Do you mean take out as in unplug, or remove from your ear?

I googled my question and I find people talking about when you pull the cord out of the machine. I'm talking about simply putting down your headphones and it stops.

I'm wondering how it knows I am not listening.

Last edited:
Or some contacts are a bit dodgy and stop working when you put them down a certain way and they work again when picking them up. I've had it before with the official ones, I had to keep them upright for them to work.

Do you mean take out as in unplug, or remove from your ear?

I googled my question and I find people talking about when you pull the cord out of the machine. I'm talking about simply putting down your headphones and it stops.

I'm wondering how it knows I am not listening.

oh....

i believe you need a young priest and an old priest.

or sacrifice a kitty cat.

or maybe its just loose contact. like those flimsy mini usb chargers.

Back