Stryker2011's: JABBA THRONE ROOM CUSTOM DIORAMA (Cabinet build in progress))

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Stryker2011's: JABBA THRONE ROOM CUSTOM DIORAMA (WIP)

Looking good Stryker.

Don't sweat the measurement error... part of the fun of making dios is figuring out how to overcome the unexpected!

So can't wait to see this fully painted and weathered with all your lights on. This is turning into a masterpiece!

Looking good Stryker.

Don't sweat the measurement error... part of the fun of making dios is figuring out how to overcome the unexpected!

Thanks. It has been a learning experience.

So can't wait to see this fully painted and weathered with all your lights on. This is turning into a masterpiece!

Well, painting was never my strong suit, so we’ll see... but thanks for the vote of confidence.

Started work on the final arch (to the side/back of Han's display); I plan to add a curtain to this one, though. So I won't really need to worry about what's behind it (unless I add some sort of light to give the impression that it goes somewhere deeper into the building).

IMG_7746.jpg

Haven't been able to do much; had to have kidney stone surgery on Wednesday, so I'm not able to do anything too strenuous. Over the last couple of days my impatience has gotten the better of me, so I glued the pieces together for the final arch; I had them cut prior to surgery so it was relatively easy and didn't require any strenuous activity. Then I finished adding the texture to the stairs to the left of Jabba's throne, and added the texture to the Han arch and the wall & arch behind the band. I still need to fill in the gaps in the wallpaper and along the edges, but it's getting there.

IMG_7764 copy.jpg

IMG_7765.jpg

IMG_7769.jpg

IMG_7768.jpg

IMG_7766.jpg

IMG_7767.jpg

Sorry to hear you’re healing up but hopefully recovery goes quickly and smoothly!

I love these updates! The walls look great! Thanks for sharing.

Good luck with the recovery Stryker. Dio building is good therapy!

This is moving along very nicely! Agreed, highly therapeutic. Thanks for keeping us updated... get well!

This is moving along very nicely! Agreed, highly therapeutic. Thanks for keeping us updated... get well!

Thanks. Wish I could report there was more progress, but I haven’t felt good all day. No work today, I guess.

Looking good.

Kidney stones blow dude. Hope you get to feeling better.

Looking good.

Kidney stones blow dude. Hope you get to feeling better.

Thanks.

And tell me about it. This is the third time I’ve gotten the damn things — and the second year in a row that I had to have surgery because of them. They were able to salvage one this time — so they should be able to tell me what’s causing them, at least.

Thanks.

And tell me about it. This is the third time I’ve gotten the damn things — and the second year in a row that I had to have surgery because of them. They were able to salvage one this time — so they should be able to tell me what’s causing them, at least.

Do you drink lots of water? You might have to, on a daily basis. Good to stay away from kidney stones. Another advantage: it forces you to pause, move, and pee. Sitting for long stretches will kill us all. We weren't meant for intellectual work, while sitting.

m.

I hope they can narrow down the cause after analyzing the salvaged stone. My buddy gets them a lot, he’s been trying to figure out the cause too. I hope your recovery is going well!

Do you drink lots of water? You might have to, on a daily basis. Good to stay away from kidney stones. Another advantage: it forces you to pause, move, and pee. Sitting for long stretches will kill us all. We weren't meant for intellectual work, while sitting.

m.

I do, actually, drink a lot of water. Unfortunately, I have a chronic immune deficiency illness that requires I take a lot of medication (and two of those medications have detrimental side-effects to the kidneys); I have a sinking feeling when they finish their tests there going to tell me that unless I stop the medications which are keeping me alive, I'm going to have this problem until my kidneys are finally destroyed and I end up on dialysis. There's nothing good about getting old...

I hope they can narrow down the cause after analyzing the salvaged stone. My buddy gets them a lot, he’s been trying to figure out the cause too. I hope your recovery is going well!

Thanks. Yeah, according to the Urologist once you get kidney stones, a person is more likely to keep getting them -- I sympathize with your friend. The first one I ever had was about fifteen years ago, and I was good until last year. I was deathly ill, anemic as hell, losing blood every time I went to the bathroom (about 40 times a day), and ended up in the ER several times. Then I ended up with kidney stones on top of it. My doctors and I honestly thought my number was up, but new medication turned things around and I've been in remission since (at least for what was killing me) -- the stones, not so much, apparently.

Anyway, nobody wants to hear me whining...

So, this is what I've done today so far:

Cleaned up and finished the textures on the two pieces I had been working on previously. Filling in the gaps and edges is a slow and tedious process that requires daintily working with the plaster material one tiny pinch at a time and working into the seams and trying to blend them. And then I took some pics with them in context with the other pieces.

IMG_7770.jpg

IMG_7772.jpg

IMG_7773 copy.jpg

IMG_7774 copy.jpg

IMG_7777 copy.jpg

IMG_7778.jpg

IMG_7779.jpg

The Main Arch texture added and cleaned up; started applying the wallpaper to the last arches (the Band area), but I haven't cleaned those up, yet. And some pics of the arch in context -- decided to hold off on adding the screens/gels, and lights, to the crevices on the inside of the Main Arch until after it's painted -- don't want any slop on those.

IMG_7780.jpg

IMG_7781.jpg

IMG_7782.jpg

IMG_7783.jpg

IMG_7784.jpg

IMG_7785.jpg

IMG_7786.jpg

IMG_7787.jpg

IMG_7788.jpg

Damn... This is really becoming a spectacular masterpiece :clap

Back