STORMTROOPER PF officially in development!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was just looking over some photos to see all the Stormie helmet variants, here's an interesting shot from the ESB suits, notice the difference in height of the black trim line on the helmets from the eyes...

stormf.png

they weren't as an4l-retentive back then as some fans are now.

There's been subtle differences in eyes, brows, even height since ANH. I've always wondered which actual photos people look at when they decide what's accurate or not:dunno
0000053444.jpg

Funny, they are all suppose to be clones and all the same. For the hardcore SW guys to argue the point makes me wonder too.
I came back to see whats up, still loving my PF.

Funny, they are all suppose to be clones and all the same. For the hardcore SW guys to argue the point makes me wonder too.

Didn't Lucas himself come out and say that they weren't the Jango clones anymore? That it'd gone all political and all sorts of people were being cloned - something like that?

The interesting thing - when you think of the timeline - is that the Jango clones would be (about) 52 years old when Ep4 happens because of the double growth accelerant?

I wouldn't want some busted old men as infantry - maybe that's why they were so clumsy and crappy shots :)

well, my Stormtrooper just arrived. The base was wrapped securely but on the outside of the item box. The stormtrooper himself was wrapped okay. Luckily he got to me without any scrapes, but SS could have added a bit more on the packaging.

Overall though, love the PF and very happy to have him with my other OT PFs.

Didn't Lucas himself come out and say that they weren't the Jango clones anymore? That it'd gone all political and all sorts of people were being cloned - something like that?

The interesting thing - when you think of the timeline - is that the Jango clones would be (about) 52 years old when Ep4 happens because of the double growth accelerant?

I wouldn't want some busted old men as infantry - maybe that's why they were so clumsy and crappy shots :)

Yes you got it right, Stormies are not Jango clones. Some were says the storys of EU. Also, yes they'd be around that age. Precisely 60 years old to be fact in Epi. 4.

Well clones may look the same, height is determined by what day they were born. Like one clone this month other next three and one is a couple inches smaller till his half B'day comes.

There's been subtle differences in eyes, brows, even height since ANH. I've always wondered which actual photos people look at when they decide what's accurate or not:dunno
0000053444.jpg

Of course there is. The helmets were hand made, there were real people inside those suits. We are not talking about CGI here

evolutionlucas-500x395.jpg

they weren't as an4l-retentive back then as some fans are now.

I see no problem with people who like their products as accurate as possible for the money they pay.

Back then they were not clones, we only knew about clone wars from what Obi told Luke.

Back then they were not clones, we only knew about clone wars from what Obi told Luke.

Very true, if you read the making of Star Wars book, up until actual filming - the story of even ANH was not truly finished and Lucas had done no work at all (at least that he has ever mentioned) on any details that would later be revealed in the prequels. There were obvious differences in height for the troopers so we can assume Lucas (who is rather picky) would not have allowed that if he wanted the whole cloning legend to stick. Some were too short, some were too tall:

troop.png

Mine should be here either today or tomorrow can't wait to bust this one out. :blissy

Stormtrooper has arrived today. I must say anyone on the fence about this must get one. It should be a must buy for any SW collector without a second thought. Averone I loved your review of this piece, the head does goes up and down as well. If you look on the inside of the head it is mounted on a ball. It is really stiff though. Unfortunately mine will have to get replaced but I still took some pictures. The break was under the fabric on the left leg so it is not visible. I do have one dislike with this one and that is it doesn't fit tight to the base and wobbles. I'm hoping my replacement will solve this issue as well. Enjoy the pics guys. :peace

IMG_8336.jpg

IMG_8331.jpg

IMG_8335.jpg

IMG_8337.jpg

IMG_8334.jpg

Stormtrooper has arrived today. I must say anyone on the fence about this must get one. It should be a must buy for any SW collector without a second thought. Averone I loved your review of this piece, the head does goes up and down as well. If you look on the inside of the head it is mounted on a ball. It is really stiff though. Unfortunately mine will have to get replaced but I still took some pictures. The break was under the fabric on the left leg so it is not visible. I do have one dislike with this one and that is it doesn't fit tight to the base and wobbles. I'm hoping my replacement will solve this issue as well. Enjoy the pics guys. :peace

IMG_8336.jpg

IMG_8331.jpg

IMG_8335.jpg

IMG_8337.jpg

IMG_8334.jpg

Another one broken no way! sorry to hear that, so what is exacly the issue with your stormie?

vik7ma.jpg

You need to rotate the belt on your Stormie ;)

Don't get me wrong but I really don't see enough changes to the regular one to justify that price. Apart from having no floppy body, that is. At least the armour should've been done glossy and shiny.

After giving my Stormie a new body I only lack a nice base like that. Apart from that I don't really miss a tiny thing.

That pic of slave Leia next to the stormie shows what I was saying before - he is too big. Sideshow's consistency of scale on the PF's that I have seen is absolute garbage. Leia looks like a hobbit next to him. :dunno

That pic of slave Leia next to the stormie shows what I was saying before - he is too big. Sideshow's consistency of scale on the PF's that I have seen is absolute garbage. Leia looks like a hobbit next to him. :dunno

I noticed that too, but in Star Wars Leia was much shorter than the stormtroopers, so I don't think it's drastically out of scale.

Back