Storm Collectibles - Mike Tyson

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Fantastic review clipper, love the poses...I could see the weight being thrown into the punches through twist of the hips and torso and weight transfer on the feet and the pivoting! I'm trying to resist buying this figure but if storm starts releasing more boxing icons I will cave

There is no way of knowing how many are made for the standard edition.

That would be the regular/retailer/normal edition with the green belt as a bonus item.
The only other exclusive sold at BBTS is the Olympic edition. That is only available in the US. Even we cant buy them in HK. The same also applies to the Korean ver.
Could you not order it from BBTS?

I think currently they are sold out. Maybe they will get some more stock in later.
Sorry. I meant if he was able to order when they were in stock. I was wondering if there was a region restriction or not. Seems like he could have though.
I could have but I'm content with the toy souls ver. It's the only one I want. The olympic ver head sculpts are nice but I'm not too keen on the outfits.
Not region restricted then? Okay.

Sorry. I meant if he was able to order when they were in stock. I was wondering if there was a region restriction or not. Seems like he could have though.

Not region restricted then? Okay.

They are region specific. Example toys souls ver is Hk only. Korean ver is Korea only. Olympic ver is NYCC only.
It's just BBTS a lot of the time get hold of these US only items and sell internationally.

Even in Hk there's no local retailers taking preorders for the Korean or US ver. The market for boxers is very limited in Hk. There are many that don't know who Tyson is until they saw his films recently.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Overall happy with Mike.:clap My body had a few paint issues, but no big deal. I have a regular edition coming from BBTS. I will use this body for training gear.:)

Its unfortunate that these things happened with this figure. It was a surprise to everyone that the very first batch had alot of blotches with the body. At first, this was thought to be wet paint, since the body had an extra coat of paint hand painted onto after they came off the line. This was thought to be a one off case when the 2nd batch arrived with no issues at all.

It was only found out later that this issue was due to the fact that the foam inside the packaging caused the paint rubs. Hence storm quickly reopened their inventory and started to put clear wrapping around the body and then reseal up the package. Hence all products that are shipped out should have this in place.

It just so happens that some what seemed ok at first, might turn out to be a different case upon arrival. Storm do really pride themselves on quality and such. So, rest assured that whoever buys online through retailers should have no worries with their product. I keep my fingers cross.

It's actually YFB, but close enough. :lol

I don't know yet. It's an awesome figure but I worry about paint issues and whether or not the rubber body will hold up over time. I think Clip mentioned that it occasionally leaks in his review. :lol

Not to mention I already have a **** ton of other figures I have to pay for.

Booyah! US orders are starting to ship!

Hello Jacob,

Your package of MIKE TYSON "The Youngest Heavyweight Champion" 1/6th Collectible Figure has already sent out by Hong Kong Post.

Please find the tracking # for your reference:
xxxxxxxxxx

Thank you for your order ! Enjoy the Figure !

Thanks!

Best regards,

Andrew Lee
STORM COLLECTIBLES

It's actually YFB, but close enough. :lol

I don't know yet. It's an awesome figure but I worry about paint issues and whether or not the rubber body will hold up over time. I think Clip mentioned that it occasionally leaks in his review. :lol

Not to mention I already have a **** ton of other figures I have to pay for.

The paint issue is due to the foam inserts with the early batch. They rubbed against the body during transportation. This was a surprise for many but soon quickly resolved. If you are getting them now, they should have a plastic wrapper that prevents paint rub. As for handling the figure, you have to be very careful cos twisting and turning could lead to paint rub if not done correctly.

As for how long these lasts? well its anyones guess. New material was used for this body and a new coat of paint was added after they got off the factory line. We all hope these to last forever but we just have to see.

As for the leaks, a quick rub off is the solution for now. Not sure what I can add to that one though.

It's sold out everywhere i see. So you may be looking at ebay/aftermarket. And even on ebay there are only 3-4 available in the US.

Back