Steve McQueen - The Great Escape - from Star Ace

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A few pics with my Gen Patton fig.

DSCF3404_zpsvekgubhv.jpg

DSCF3403_zps1yx7xrrm.jpg

DSCF3402_zps5sng9u3g.jpg

Have to be honest - it's a very good likeness, but (to me) it looks like a Gerry Anderson "puppet" version.

Yeah, in some of the pics it does come across that way. However, in hand, it's a beauty. I also thought the base looked a bit cheap but (again) out of the box it's great and suits the character perfectly.

Got mine a couple of weeks ago, and he looks even better in the flesh. Star Ace are doing so well! I'm really becoming a big fan of theirs. Well, I have got 3x Harry, 3x Ron, 2x Voldemort and this McQueen one, so guess I must be a fan! Ha!

So...ideas on motorcycles? He had a modded Triumph in the film, which I can't find any good stand-ins for. I can always go with another 1/6 German motorcycle. Any idea on the quality of the 21st Century Toys McQueen bike or the Ultimate Soldier ones? Don't want to throw down ~$400 on a Soldier Story bike that wouldn't even be film accurate.

I was talking with Leo Lee, StarAce VP and Marketing Director at New York Comic Con last October. I told him that a Lawrence of Arabia figure would be at the top of my wish list. He seemed very interested in the idea, so here's hoping it comes about.

Shipped today! :yess:

Good job I pre-ordered when I did at 125 Euros, because they've had two price increases since: 145 Euros the following day; and now 155 Euros.

Looking forward to seeing who else Star Ace add to this series.

What shop did you use? I started a UK buyer's/retailers thread in the dealers section, and it would be good to add, if it's not there. Cheapest I've seen is £130 in the UK with a further 20% off at one point.

Ah, okay, fair enough. that's a good price, but I had a bad experience with them, so I went with Norton.

This figure is so nice. I love everything about it. The box design is simple and perfect. My first Star Ace purchase and I'm impressed. I hope we get other classic representations.

Back