1/6 Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker - 1/6th scale Kylo Ren Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
His cape is adjustable if it?s anything like TLJ version. Simply move the magnets in his tunic to his upper shoulders and the cape will fall where it should. Here?s a pic of mine after adjustments of the magnets.
badb47bec1c4bba6391c82a5071c72d2.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I sold my TLJ version when TROS went up for preorder so I?m impatiently waiting for this version to ship. I much prefer TROS Kylo to Prince Valiant Kylo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think TFA Kylo is still my "definitive" Kylo. But I'll probably pick this up too. It'll be nice to have his first and last appearance, since they probably won't make a Ben Solo lol. Need to find a 1/6 long black sweater/shirt and make a custom..

Yeah I was thinking the same thing. Looks to me like they just went back to the TLJ sculpt and gave it new hair.

Still though, after watching that review I'm feeling a lot more tempted now to get this. Even though I didn't care for TROS as much as the first two movies, the figure does look really damn cool with that hooded cape and cracked helmet...

It's close and tough to say if a lot of this comes down to the very different lighting.

But the new sculpt looks to have better paint apps and maybe looks thinner (eyes seem a touch closer), though that could be casting or lens/photo issues, but whatever it is seems to have improved the likeness. The brow looks less furrowed, so they maybe tweaked the expression a bit.

(TLJ left ROS right).

Either way I like the new one more due to the hair and the helmet is kinda cool. Might make more sense for me to grab the whole figure as just trying to get those parts will likely be a PIA.

9828fb023dc068ff41168f5accfc87d0.jpg

Such perfect timing! I just posted earlier today how I was going to wait and see what SS was doing for May the fourth and hope for like a $25 off Star Wars sale (yeah right) and boom, a $25 off hits my inbox. Gotta love that timing! Sooo went ahead and grabbed him with $25 off plus some points. Still hoping Rey got tweaked as well.

Just to inform you guys, sideshow just processed my "Non-Refundable Deposit".
the rewards is available after the final payment right?

thanks

Getting hard 'sleep on it' clarity with this one. Head and cape is really all I need.

Not crazy about the cape though. I think it looks too thick and bulky. I thin the Last Jedi cape looks a little better in how it sits on the figure. Part of it is definitely the addition of the hood which adds bulk, but mostly the material is just too thick.

Still looking forward to getting him!

Not crazy about the cape though. I think it looks too thick and bulky. I thin the Last Jedi cape looks a little better in how it sits on the figure. Part of it is definitely the addition of the hood which adds bulk, but mostly the material is just too thick.

Still looking forward to getting him!

Agreed, cape doesn't look great. Most wired capes in 1/6 don't seem to look great tbh. I'm glad Mando's isn't wired.

I don't understand why they gave Kylo a hood in the movie. He didn't even use it. Also - the mask didn't add any dramatic value to the movie, in my opinion. It was kind of a nothing burger. I wish they had given him a new, more authoritative look. After all, he was the new supreme leader of the First Order.

That said, I'm still getting this figure, and I think it looks great.

I don't understand why they gave Kylo a hood in the movie. He didn't even use it. Also - the mask didn't add any dramatic value to the movie, in my opinion. It was kind of a nothing burger. I wish they had given him a new, more authoritative look. After all, he was the new supreme leader of the First Order.

That said, I'm still getting this figure, and I think it looks great.

I like that idea. The helmet being welded together, like so many other things in the movie, seemed a figurative way of "repairing" what TLJ broke. A new look would have been welcome, you know they had tons of possible designs for Kylo from the initial artists for TFA, I'm sure one would have been more appropriate for his ascension.

I don't understand why they gave Kylo a hood in the movie. He didn't even use it.

I bet there is some deleted scenes where he has the hood up. With the choppy editing it seems very likely that they cut a ton of footage out. I wish there had been a scene with the hood up as I think it helps to combine the look of TFA and TLJ.

Without commenting on the films themselves this is by far the superior Driver sculpt. The other one looked like a Harry Potter villain.

I bet there is some deleted scenes where he has the hood up. With the choppy editing it seems very likely that they cut a ton of footage out. I wish there had been a scene with the hood up as I think it helps to combine the look of TFA and TLJ.

Yeah - I try not to feed into the negativity surrounding the sequel trilogy, but there was a lot of randomness in TROS. I think you could be right that some of it was due to the final edit. Also - I think some of it was just a bad attempt at fan service (the patched together helmet). This is the only time I'll say it, but I think TROS is a pretty flawed film that would totally collapse under the weight of its need to please everyone, if it weren't for the central story arc of Rey/Kylo Ren (Ben Solo). I still enjoyed it and found a lot to love in it. But at the same time, it's not a great movie.

Theres a skin in Battlefront 2 with the hood up. Which must be based on something because everything added in that game had to go through approval from Lucasfilm.

Back