Star Wars: The Last Jedi (Dec 15th, 2017)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Btw, this is who the head of Lucasfilm should be:

fdfddg.jpg

This guy cares. The lore he created for Clone Wars was just sheer passion and love for the Star Wars universe.
Of course it needed to pander to kids, and nowadays Rebels needs to pander to even younger kids due to it being Disney (and not having nearly the budget CW had), but damn... This guy loves and understands Star Wars.

He should at least have been allowed to write and direct on this new trilogy.

just got out, this movie kicks serious ass. sorry to you folks who were to high on fan theory’s to enjoy it.

that ****ing luke scene at the end though, holy ****. what a perfect send off to the character. went out like a true hero/jedi.

Man. This thread delivers constant surprises about who is on which side of The Great TLJ Divide.

Btw, this is who the head of Lucasfilm should be:

View attachment 383022

This guy cares. The lore he created for Clone Wars was just sheer passion and love for the Star Wars universe.
Of course it needed to pander to kids, and nowadays Rebels needs to pander to even younger kids due to it being Disney (and not having nearly the budget CW had), but damn... This guy loves and understands Star Wars.

He should at least have been allowed to write and direct on this new trilogy.

"Clone Wars" is amazing, it enhance the Prequels in many ways with deep characters and story lines and part of SW universe. Yet many "grandpas" here just merely looking down on it cause it is a "cartoon" for kid show. It is not...good luck showing to your kids!

Disney Rebels is definitely for kids though.

I agree. I'm going out on a limb and saying this won't quite break a billion. I'm just going for it.

(my gut tells me 1.2 billion to be honest)

I think it'll make around 1.6 because of the good reviews....assuming the majority of fans really like the film.

We'll have a better idea next week, but if we look at TPM, it made over $942 million in 1999, and the sequel made less than $649, which is about a 31% drop, so assuming TLJ has a similar drop, that would be around 1.4 billion, but I don't remember if AOTC got bad reviews initially or if fans hated TPM.

So TFA opened with 247 domestically and 282 internationally for a total of 528.

TLJ opened with 220 domestically and 230 internationally for a total of 450.

The international drop is a bit larger than the domestic drop, so clearly the hype is not what it was 2 years ago, but 450 is not bad at all.

"Clone Wars" is amazing, it enhance the Prequels in many ways with deep characters and story lines and part of SW universe. Yet many "grandpas" here just merely looking down on it cause it is a "cartoon" for kid show. It is not...good luck showing to your kids!

Disney Rebels is definitely for kids though.

Plus you can bet with Filoni we would have gotten a couple incredible "Force moments".
I remember an episode of Clone Wars where Yoda takes on an entire detachment by himself. Also the fight with Sidious dual wielding his lightsabers vs Maul and his brother. Holy **** that was insane. Plus that's deep lore, because it was never made super explicit that Sidious had two different lightsabers, but here you could really see them in action.
But generally speaking, all the Force stuff in the couple last seasons was amazing. This show truly gave weight to the prequels. The opposite of what TLJ did for the saga.

Plus you can bet with Filoni we would have gotten a couple incredible "Force moments".
I remember an episode of Clone Wars where Yoda takes on an entire detachment by himself. Also the fight with Sidious dual wielding his lightsabers vs Maul and his brother. Holy **** that was insane. Plus that's deep lore, because it was never made super explicit that Sidious had two different lightsabers, but here you could really see them in action.
But generally speaking, all the Force stuff in the couple last seasons was amazing. This show truly gave weight to the prequels. The opposite of what TLJ did for the saga.

It is rare to see someone here who shares the same thought... and its also sad that this amazing series was axed by Disney, there are still many unfinished not yet on air espisodes.. which we have to look it in EU comics.

But hey you know what those "kid stuffs" are not accepted by majority of those pops here.

Of course, there are only a few days between the end of TFA and the end of TLJ...

You can't see proper growth and character development. And of course no proper training for Rey or Kylo.

Rey, however, goes from scavenger girl to defeating the best in the galaxy in what, maybe ten days total?

For what its worth, RT is holding steady at 56%... just sayin'

Pretty sure this thing will hit 650 million with little effort by next week. Its getting to the 850 million and beyond that I see as more of a struggle than Disney would like.

Regardless of how you feel about the movie, its got to make you sick that in just 2 days Disney is already using the "voter fraud" defense as an excuse just like Roy Moore.

You have to accept that they will go all-out on this though. If they can sell the voter fraud thing, they pocket perhaps another $200-300million.

that ****ing luke scene at the end though, holy ****. what a perfect send off to the character. went out like a true hero/jedi.

That wasn't Luke - it was his projecto-holo self.

If you're facing a major fight, it ALWAYS makes sense to not actually show up in person. It's the Jedi thing to do.:lecture

And even though you phoned it in, they will call you a hero. You... and Rose.

“BLOW THAT PIECE OF JUNK OUT OF THE SKY”

such a great line. :lol

i think i enjoyed it more the 2nd time, Kylo is such an interesting character.

There were knowing clues in the films that break the fourth wall and speak directly to the audience:

Luke Skywalker: Where did you come from?
Rey: Nowhere.

As that was a little too in your face, they divert attention away again with comedy:

Luke Skywalker
: No one is from nowhere.

Rey: Jakku.
Luke Skywalker: Yeah, that's pretty much nowhere.

Kylo also spoke to the old guard in the audience:

Kylo Ren: Let the past die. Kill it, if you have to. That's the only way to become what you are meant to be.

Snoke: [to Kylo Ren] You are no Vader. You are just a child in a mask.

Which sums up the generation this is aimed at. Luke went on long quest from farm boy to Jedi Master. Vader went through hell.

Kylo and Rey come from nowhere.

Luke commits suicide. It's the only way he can hope to become better than the new kids on the block.

Listen to Rose. She knew the storm that would come after TLJ was released.

Rose Tico
: We're going to win this war not by fighting what we hate, but saving what we love!

just got out, this movie kicks serious ass. sorry to you folks who were to high on fan theory’s to enjoy it.

:rolleyes2

“BLOW THAT PIECE OF JUNK OUT OF THE SKY”

such a great line. :lol

i think i enjoyed it more the 2nd time, Kylo is such an interesting character.

:rolleyes2

LOL. :lol

At first I thought you were serious. I guess that's how trolling good fun goes, act serious, then wink at the right moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back