Star Wars: The Last Jedi (Dec 15th, 2017)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Disney asked for Snow White's opinion of TLJ.

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Lol. Someone likes a movie you don’t and suddenly they’re tragic apologists?

Take several deep breaths and repeat after me: “it’s just a movie”

The melodrama in here is fantastic.

If a month ago I would have described the exact plot of TLJ as how I felt the movie should play out, you would have replied with "What kind of ****ing drugs are you on?".

I 100% guarantee it.

Going through some of the RT scores.. It seems to me that they are at least people who have seen the film..

I read some hear say that Cinemascore is more accurate.. Well in that case Batman Forever is an A- as is Thor the Dark world..

RT seems more accurate with Thor TDW and this film.. at least in terms of what this board seems to think about the films.. And everyone know this board is law..

:lol

I retract the assertion I made earlier.

If a month ago I would have described the exact plot of TLJ as how I felt the movie should play out, you would reply with "What kind of ****ing drugs are you on?".

I 100% guarantee it.

Not exactly right. That’s how I reacted when you told everyone how you thought the movie would play out. :lol

It's very hard to "rate" opening weekend for these kinds of movies.

Remember when everyone loved "Superman Returns" because they played John Williams' 1978 music over a new Superman? People cried they loved it so much. I was so sick of hearing it for months until everyone came to their senses and now hates the film.

I don't expect that kind of change over here, but somewhat to a lessor degree. The coming weeks will define this movie with clarity where it stands in the pantheon. I'm pretty sure it will be arm-wrestling with AOTC for worst SW film in time.

Who’s a Trump voter?

I really liked the movie, hate Trump.

Snikt loves Trump, hates movie.

Try again.

You didn't get it. I wasn't clear enough.

It was irony.

In a world where Trump can become president, anything's possible. And Disney can take huge risks because they know there's a lot of zombies out there who will accept whatever they give them. It's almost as if they were trying to see just how far they could go, and still get away with it....because anything's possible today.

But now that they've pushed the Star Wars boat so far out, will they bother bringing it back for Episode IX? Or will they just go full Robot Chicken?

Re: The Last Jedi

Not surprised I gave up watching movies ten years ago. This would be my reaction with each movie I would watch and then turn around and watch the next piece of junk movie that I wanted to watch and that would be junk. I did watch TFA and R1 on TV and sorry I did! Where are movies like OT and mostly Empire, ROTJ and
PT are masterpieces compared to the new movies.
Yet movies like this make lots of money. Lucas messed up on Star Wars a lot, but at least he cared about the material, and made movies you could like and watch over and over.

Last edited:
Doesn't matter. Look at the Disney apologists on here. They genuinely love SW but can't reconcile the notion that Disney just took a massive **** all over everything that makes them love SW with this garbage movie. So instead of hating it - they'll support it.

Seeing them apologize for this movie is ****ing tragic.

At this point Disney can release IX as a film that blatantly states the events of I - VIII were all a figment of Broom Boy's imagination to help him pass the time as a stable slave and the apologists would claim to LOVE it.

Responsibility is gone. SW is dead.

aggr.gif

I think in the near future you are going to be talking to yourself, because everybody else will have put you on ignore.

Your rants are the height of ridiculousness.

If a month ago I would have described the exact plot of TLJ as how I felt the movie should play out, you would have replied with "What kind of ****ing drugs are you on?".

I 100% guarantee it.

If you came to me with that story and you then told me you had some pull with the studio... Well you would have had an "accident" before you ever got that script to Disney..

So "troll accounts" is how Disney is going to explain people's dissatisfaction. A Trump move; fake news. Way to go, Disney.

So glad you brought this up (you did bring this up didn’t you? I’m not sure since every time I come back to this thread it has another 20 pages or so...). Anyway, I just posted a take down of this idiotic a$$ saving campaign Disney is apparently on now that their movie is taking on water (at least in terms of the most loyal 40 year fans of the saga).

These articles about trolls and bots were probably published at the behest of Disney execs trying to justify their investment in Rian Johnson.

There have been an awful lot of movies that critics loved and audiences hated, or were at best ambivalent to and vice versa. Can’t remember any that inspired a media push to discredit audience opinion before.

Deal with it Disney. Your movie is going to make a lot of money, so you can chalk up a win. But if you are going to finance a campaign aimed at trying to tell Star Wars Fans that 90%+ of us loved it like we love the OT....yeah, good luck with that. You lose...

The vampire love story is way better than pointless Snoke and Rey. It literally takes ZERO effort to not give the characters a background after the last film created so many mysteries. People defended the last film because they believed ep.9 had the answers. It didn't. The characters didn't grow...nothing happened. Lazy.

:lol

I retract the assertion I made earlier.

:lol :lol

It's very hard to "rate" opening weekend for these kinds of movies.

Remember when everyone loved "Superman Returns" because they played John Williams' 1978 music over a new Superman? People cried they loved it so much. I was so sick of hearing it for months until everyone came to their senses and now hates the film.

I don't expect that kind of change over here, but somewhat to a lessor degree. The coming weeks will define this movie with clarity where it stands in the pantheon. I'm pretty sure it will be arm-wrestling with AOTC for worst SW film in time.

Yes.. Of course this film is going to kill it its opening weekend.. It may continue to kill it for a few more.. I think hard core SW fans may out this down there with the PT.. maybe. There are some hard core SW fans that really hate the PT and will always have these new films ranked higher.. They are small, terrible people(jye :lol)but that is how they will always rank these films.

The vampire love story is way better than pointless Snoke and Rey. It literally takes ZERO effort to not give the characters a background after the last film created so many mysteries. People defended the last film because they believed ep.9 had the answers. It didn't. The characters didn't grow...nothing happened. Lazy.

Of course, there are only a few days between the end of TFA and the end of TLJ...

You can't see proper growth and character development. And of course no proper training for Rey or Kylo.

Bunch of amateurs out of my way.

Khev did you think Luke had his RO Vader moment?

Remember now you’re under oath.

They wasted Luke... He should've walked onto the salt plains, and not his projection but real life Luke, and brought down 2 of the AT-ATs using the force. That would've been epic, but instead we get the weak and whiney Luke who dies after projecting a hologram of himself. Just awful :(

I do: all-female 'Ghostbusters'. And look how that turned out.
My sentiments exactly.

This is another Girl Ghostbusters false narrative guilt shifting.

The people who liked it just can't seem to agree on what strawman to use on those who didn't like it.

Of course, there are only a few days between the of TFA and the end of TLJ...

You can't see proper growth and character development. And of course no proper training for Rey or Kylo.

It's enough time for Rose to fall in love and die for Finn. :lol

It's hilarious because at the end of TFA, Snoke is like, get Kylo so he can finish his training...and that never happened. It's so strange, because both Kylo and Rey no longer have a master, neither got trained. I guess Rey has those books?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back