Star Wars: The Force Awakens (12/18/15)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I didn't mind the derivative aspects. I saw them as Abrams resetting the narrative before (hopefully) applying more original material in the films to come.

"This is how I remember it" will be music to Disney's ears.

Ah, when you said it was a "copy and paste job" I thought you were referring to that specific spoiler, but I do agree with everything you said and I've felt that it looks like a rehash for a long time now. But if it's a quality film, I can get over that. I just hope the sequels have their own story/flavor.

I just hope the sequels have their own story/flavor.

I think they will after they get Rogue One (which is essentially ANH prequel this time :lol) out of their system. There's a lot of potential for future stories, there always has been.

The spin offs might provide different flavors as well. I've heard that there's an Obi-Wan movie planned, I'd love if it was some kind of western with Obi-Wan in the forefront. Something different, like they never leave Tatooine and it's him dealing with "scum and villainy".

I think we're just trying to make you feel better, well I dunno about Lejuan or Clown Prince, but I was.

Okay, how about this. Let's team up, track them down the guy that spoiled it, and exact justice by beating the living **** out of them. What time do you want me to pick you up?

Now we're talking

The spin offs might provide different flavors as well. I've heard that there's an Obi-Wan movie planned, I'd love if it was some kind of western with Obi-Wan in the forefront. Something different, like they never leave Tatooine and it's him dealing with "scum and villainy".
That's almost exactly what I've been wanting, but with Obi-Wan being hunted by cyborg Maul. The perspective would switch between those two characters, Maul hunting and Obi-Wan escaping/surviving out in the vast, isolated deserts. It'd be very serious, and there would be very little dialogue.

I kind of think of it as like the predator hunting Dutch or terminator hunting Sarah, but with the atmosphere of an old Clint Eastwood western revenge-type film. I'm thinking Obi-Wan gets wounded early on or something and has to retreat through the desert to regain his health.

Man, Ewan and Ray Park back as Obi-Wan and Maul. That would be incredible.

That's almost exactly what I've been wanting, but with Obi-Wan being hunted by cyborg Maul. The perspective would switch between those two characters, Maul hunting and Obi-Wan escaping/surviving out in the vast, isolated deserts. It'd be very serious, and there would be very little dialogue.

I kind of think of it as like the predator hunting Dutch or terminator hunting Sarah, but with the atmosphere of an old Clint Eastwood western revenge-type film. I'm thinking Obi-Wan gets wounded early on or something and has to retreat through the desert to regain his health.

Basically, First Blood, with Obi as Rambo and Maul as the Sheriff...but no forest. :D

Hmmmm. Upon seeing it...doesnt beat ESB or ANH as my favorites in the series. I wasn't really surprised by anything...Otherwise, I am still processing my overall thoughts.

Also just got home and LOVED it. I read so much between it was meh to it was good not great. Imo it is way way way better than the PT and beat ROTJ...i think. I need to see it a few more times but my gut says it is my 3rd favorite Star Wars.

I am however disappointed in the scum that troll the internet. I went in with zero know idea of any of the big reveals. It was about 30 minutes before trailers and i was on my phone on Twitter. I saw a tweet from Screen Junkies Andy Signore about trolls ruining the movie. John Bailey who does the voice work for them responded how he has luckily avoided spoilers so i happened to respond to him saying the same and how I'm waiting for it to start. After this tweet i put my phone away......As i walk out of the theater i check my phone to see a tweet from a scum who responded to me with a picture of a big spoiler. What a giant POS to go out of his way to try to ruin my movie. Luckily i saw it AFTER the movie. Still though what a jerk.

I just got back from seeing it, and I really enjoyed it! Easily the best Star Wars film since Empire Strikes Back. I can't wait for Episode VIII! I think the acting is better than ever in the Force Awakens.

Hmmmm. Upon seeing it...doesnt beat ESB or ANH as my favorites in the series. I wasn't really surprised by anything...Otherwise, I am still processing my overall thoughts.

My thoughts too.... I was round for the original three, Han and Chewie got more to do than All of the OT:) The BIG spoiler was just lazy the story would have come out the same way no need to have ****** story end in TFA. it was far better the 123 !!!

For anyone not liking it for being to similar to the OT... I am convinced you like nothing and are blinded by nostalgia.

That would be an awesome movie.

The movie is great.

Spoiler Spoiler:

Back