Star Wars: The Force Awakens (12/18/15)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's 11:16am. Mate, that's keen.

Edit: you're in CA... but that still makes it 3 hours away! I hope there's a rippin' vibe to keep you going.
The vibe is really cool. Everyone is friendly and chatting with each other.

3 hours early for a movie? That's kind of insane. I don't even get 3 hours early when I go to the airport :lol
Yeah I've never been inside a theater that long. At least I went with ten people in total.

The first comment in the YouTube thread :lol

SPOILERS BELOW!!!!!
There is a special place in hell for those who are spoiling Star Wars. It is too late for me, don't look below and make the same mistake. I am reporting all spoilers to YouTube.

Nowhere is safe a-dev. Be careful!

I watched the video here so didn't see any comments, but thanks.

In any case I think I've already been hit with the biggest spoiler -

Spoiler Spoiler:

The vibe is really cool. Everyone is friendly and chatting with each other.

Yeah I've never been inside a theater that long. At least I went with ten people in total.

Sounds like a blast! American moviegoers tend to be far more involved and into the occasion than we are in Oz. I went to a 10:30am session on the first day, alone - there were lots of 30-40-something males there by themselves too :lol

I went to the comments because I wanted to see if there were any nerds losing their **** over Ford breaking a toy :lol

As for the spoiler, it's a biggie to be sure, but I'd be more concerned about people like me saying too much positive about it. Nothing disappoints like hype.

Also there's another plot point that I think is even more significant. The scene you're talking about doesn't really come as a surprise when it happens, but what I'm talking about is revelatory. When are you seeing this again?

Spoiler Spoiler:
That spoiler was soooo predictable though. I get it...it's annoying, but it was just like the Doomsday rumor in BVS.

Sounds like a blast! American moviegoers tend to be far more involved and into the occasion than we are in Oz. I went to a 10:30am session on the first day, alone - there were lots of 30-40-something males there by themselves too :lol
Oh man. Too much of a sausage fest crowd you went with.:lol The crowd here is a good mix of all ages.

Does anyone know how the thread photos get selected for the tapatalk app? I ask because I was scrolling through the timeline and this thread photo is of the biggest spoiler in the movie. That is not cool.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh man. Too much of a sausage fest crowd you went with.:lol The crowd here is a good mix of all ages.

That feel when the people you pity look like you :lol

No surprise though... kids are all in school, 9-to-5-ers are all at work... the only people at a 10:30am session are going to be the late-starting IT workers. Who happen to be mostly male. And big nerds. I'm going to take my kids to see this and I'm sure it'll be less sausagey.

That feel when the people you pity look like you :lol

No surprise though... kids are all in school, 9-to-5-ers are all at work... the only people at a 10:30am session are going to be the late-starting IT workers. Who happen to be mostly male. And big nerds. I'm going to take my kids to see this and I'm sure it'll be less sausagey.
:rotfl

That spoiler was soooo predictable though.

Yeah, I remember all of us talking about it during the summer.

All of the spoilers that emerged in the last week or had been speculated and/or hinted upon early in the game. Those leaks were true. Even when I wasn't following what was going on, people were speculating that death. Honestly, there wasn't much to spoil if you think about it. If you know about
Spoiler Spoiler:
, that's pretty much it. It's not like the plot was going to be a game changer. It's a copy and paste job of ANH. Just go in and have fun.

Does anyone know how the thread photos get selected for the tapatalk app? I ask because I was scrolling through the timeline and this thread photo is of the biggest spoiler in the movie. That is not cool.

Is it the most recent photo in the thread? Will this fix it?

58d92d9e495ba7e9763bde187f343e21.jpg

How do you figure?

Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Yeah, everybody's saying it's a rehash.

That's not necessarily a bad thing, but that's what I keep hearing. Not only here, everywhere. Will see it sunday.

Yeah, not all rehashes are bad.

Jurassic World was a rehash and people seemed to love it and it did really well at the box office. If it ain't broke, don't fix it. That's one of the shortcomings for people with the Prequels, they're too derivative of the OT. You can't blame Disney or Abrams for playing it safe with things people are familiar with.

Besides,

That spoiler was soooo predictable though. I get it...it's annoying, but it was just like the Doomsday rumor in BVS.

Yeah, I remember all of us talking about it during the summer.

All of the spoilers that emerged in the last week or had been speculated and/or hinted upon early in the game. Those leaks were true. Even when I wasn't following what was going on, people were speculating that death. Honestly, there wasn't much to spoil if you think about it. If you know about
Spoiler Spoiler:
, that's pretty much it. It's not like the plot was going to be a game changer. It's a copy and paste job of ANH. Just go in and have fun.

I know all this but when you say things like ''we kinda knew this anyway'' and in general when people say ''it could have been worse'' in response to any situation where someone behaved improperly (or worse, criminally) then it almost feels like the person is being excused for their deed all because it wasn't the worst thing they could have done.

I don't think we need to be saying the very things that these people will say in defence of themselves. It's not your intention but in a way it comes across like you're lending them support, I know you aren't I hasten to add.

I went to the comments because I wanted to see if there were any nerds losing their **** over Ford breaking a toy :lol

As for the spoiler, it's a biggie to be sure, but I'd be more concerned about people like me saying too much positive about it. Nothing disappoints like hype.

Also there's another plot point that I think is even more significant. The scene you're talking about doesn't really come as a surprise when it happens, but what I'm talking about is revelatory. When are you seeing this again?

I'll be seeing it tomorrow.

Yeah you're right - extreme reactions that go one way or the other are the very ones to ignore, or at least try to. The truth is so often in between.

Last edited:
I know all this but when you say things like ''we kinda knew this anyway'' and in general when people say ''it could have been worse'' in response to any situation where someone behaved improperly (or worse, criminally) then it almost feels like the person is being excused for their deed all because it wasn't the worst thing they could have done.

I think we're just trying to make you feel better, well I dunno about Lejuan or Clown Prince, but I was.

Okay, how about this. Let's team up, track down the guy that spoiled it, and exact justice by beating the living **** out of him. What time do you want me to pick you up?

Last edited:
Back