Star Wars: The Force Awakens (12/18/15)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah but Han didn't fight with one. It always seemed to me you had to have some force skills to use it. Guess not!
There seemed to be a fair bit of discussion prior to the film about whether Kylo Ren was force sensitive or not and some people did mention that he must be if he wields that lightsaber.

Some believed you would need to be in tune with the force to be able to fight with one. Clearly that theory is proven wrong with Finn displaying some reasonable skills with it. Though the fact that he was brought up as a Stormtrooper means he was likely highly trained in combat and weaponry at some stage.

For anyone not liking it for being to similar to the OT... I am convinced you like nothing and are blinded by nostalgia.

How can you be blinded by nostalgia if you don't like it because it's just like the original film? If anything, people will really like this film because of nostalgia...not because it's original or different. I can also see that being a problem for some people, but the film can still be entertaining, even if it's more of a big budget fan film.

There seemed to be a fair bit of discussion prior to the film about whether Kylo Ren was force sensitive or not and some people did mention that he must be if he wields that lightsaber.

Some believed you would need to be in tune with the force to be able to fight with one. Clearly that theory is proven wrong with Finn displaying some reasonable skills with it. Though the fact that he was brought up as a Stormtrooper means he was likely highly trained in combat and weaponry at some stage.

''Only imperial stormtroopers are so precise'' *stifles laughter*

I really liked the movie. The characters were great and felt more developed than any of the other movies, especially Han and Rey. The action was amazing and the effects were seamless. One of the best aspects was the lack of spoilers. I pretty much new what was going to happen in the prequels, so it was nice to find out as I was watching the movie. I liked the story, but it wasn't quite as strong as some of the other aspects of the movie.

Spoiler Spoiler:

Seeing it again tomorrow, so should have a better feeling then.

Last edited:

screen-shot-2015-11-19-at-81952-am.png

Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

I really enjoyed the film.

Some thoughts:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

I seen it twice already.midnight on wednesday in Australia 2d.
6am at imax.
1st viewing was so much to take in.it was awe!
2nd viewing was soooooomuch better as you can form a better appreciation for it.
It truly had some great character moments.some great humour... (looking at you Chewie)
And some amazing emotional weight.
If you leave the previous movies at the door when you enter, there is no reason not to like this film.
My only gripe if anything, the soundtrack.I can easily pinpoint at least 4 great songs..and that is it.
Ridley was perfectly cast.
There was a scene that was deleted, you can see it in the visual dictionary.

I seen it twice already.midnight on wednesday in Australia 2d.
6am at imax.
1st viewing was so much to take in.it was awe!
2nd viewing was soooooomuch better as you can form a better appreciation for it.
It truly had some great character moments.some great humour... (looking at you Chewie)
And some amazing emotional weight.
If you leave the previous movies at the door when you enter, there is no reason not to like this film.
My only gripe if anything, the soundtrack.I can easily pinpoint at least 4 great songs..and that is it.
Ridley was perfectly cast.
There was a scene that was deleted, you can see it in the visual dictionary.

What was the deleted scene?

I really enjoyed the film.

Some thoughts:

Spoiler Spoiler:

The answer to your second thought is no.
Once it is made more aware to the fans, it will surely be debatable...but no,he isn't.....

Yeah, not all rehashes are bad.

Jurassic World was a rehash and people seemed to love it and it did really well at the box office. If it ain't broke, don't fix it. That's one of the shortcomings for people with the Prequels, they're too derivative of the OT. You can't blame Disney or Abrams for playing it safe with things people are familiar with.

Jurassic World and TFA are trash.

Back