Star Wars: The Force Awakens (12/18/15)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That looks "real" to me (as in a real magazine shot) just very PS touched up/altered and graded, like most Disney/Iger mag shots.

I never noticed until this how the colors both match. Do you think there was some trickery in the teaser or am I just thinking too much about it?:lol
Poe-Dameron.jpg

black-x-waing.jpg

Last edited:
I read a article in the most recent EW that predicts this movie will gross 3 billion. Seems really optimistic, but they are often right about these things.

If that includes toy and merchandise sales, then maybe. The movie alone will not gross that much, no way.

If that includes toy and merchandise sales, then maybe. The movie alone will not gross that much, no way.

Even with toys and merch, that's a big MAYBE.

TPM, the highest-grossing SW movie of the six -

Domestic - $474,544,677
Foreign - $552,500,000
Worldwide - $1,027,044,677

I'd put the worldwide over/under on TFA at $1 billion.

Even with toys and merch, that's a big MAYBE.

TPM, the highest-grossing SW movie of the six -

Domestic - $474,544,677
Foreign - $552,500,000
Worldwide - $1,027,044,677

I'd put the worldwide over/under on TFA at $1 billion.

I do agree that the $3B seems extremely unlikely, though if it is a home run, i.e. on par with Star Wars and Empire, and that's a big if, it is likely to exceed 1.2 billion.

But...

Right now Fandango has it tracking above Ultron as the most anticipated film for 2015 and Entertainment Weekly often calls these things correctly. Personally I would be amazed if it did half of what they are projectng.

On a side note, when Inflation is taken into account, the original Star Wars is still the second highest grossing film (domestically) with $1.446 Billion, behind Gone With The Wind's $1.6 billion.

Probably too hard to adjust grosses Worldwide, as there are likely too many contributing factors to take into consideration.

Back