Star Wars: The Force Awakens (12/18/15)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'll have you know that I previously unleashed that bounty before you joined. In fact to this day it accounts for 80% of my rep points.

Don't talk to me about rep points, mister. I don't want to know about your past. On second thought, I do want to know about your past. What was that first part? You mean to tell me you've shared your load of pics before? With others? Trollop.

Don't talk to me about rep points, mister. I don't want to know about your past. On second thought, I do want to know about your past. What was that first part? You mean to tell me you've shared your load of pics before? With others? Trollop.

You're being irrational and unfair and you know it. You can't possibly take me to task for my having spread the good news before I even knew you. I suppose you were keeping it all to yourself before you joined this forum eh? Yeah, that's what I thought.

Coked_carrie02.gif

I watched BOTFA in IMAX 3D yesterday and they showed the TFA trailer before it. Two things surprised me:

1. It was in 3D (and looked damn good.)

2. The aspect ratio changed to fill the entire IMAX screen when the Falcon appeared. So this is going to be another one of those movies where they filmed a third of it in IMAX and the aspect ratio will jarringly change every couple of scenes? I'm getting tired of that. Film the entire damn thing in one aspect ratio or don't bother. Like they can't "afford" the extra film stock.

Film the entire damn thing in one aspect ratio or don't bother.

I'd like to go to an IMAX movie once in a while without getting a headache from the 3D. I just want the IMAX part.

I watched CA:Winter Soldier in IMAX 3D and you could barely see the action during the boat scene at the beginning. Super dark with the glasses on and the 3D would strobe when he threw his shield.

That's why I'm sick of the IMAX and 3D gimmicks. Even when IMAX and 3D is well done, it's a case of, "well, why not just go with a regular format".

I've been able to get immersed into films without "3 dimensions" and big ass screens for decades now. If the story and visuals are solid, I can enjoy whatever without a special screen.

If the story and visuals are solid, I can enjoy whatever without a special screen.

Growing up we had one of the last (and largest ever) Cinerama screen - the Indian Hills Theater in Omaha NE. It had a concave shape to the screen so it would wrap around slightly and fill your peripheral vision. It was amazing. IMAX sucks compared to that screen.

theatre-main-2.jpg

The theater went broke because it couldn't compete with 24 screen multiplexes. They tore it down because a medical school wanted a larger parking lot. Four years later the school moved. F---ers.

Aren't they going to bring that back? I bet it's a "thing" soon.

A concave screen makes more sense than putting on a pair of specs (3D) or having to look up/down/left/right and be distracted by changing aspect ratios (IMAX).

Arclight Cinedome in Los Angeles is like that. That's where I saw Return of the King.

LA will support stuff like that.

Out here the mouthbreathers had no idea what a gem that theater was. If someone had painted a big stupid Cornhusker "N" on the side it would still be here today.

The legal douchebags that spearheaded the demolition made the whole thing happen in roughly a month from initial announcement to pile of rubble. Quick enough to avoid the theater being declared a protected landmark (which should've happened years earlier.)

This is why we can't have nice things.

EDIT: This is the screen I saw Star Wars on for the first time in 1977, and all the big movies of the 70's and 80's, so I took the demolition a bit personally.

Last edited:

Out here the mouthbreathers had no idea what a gem that theater was. If someone had painted a big stupid Cornhusker "N" on the side it would still be here today.

The legal douchebags that spearheaded the demolition made the whole thing happen in roughly a month from initial announcement to pile of rubble. Quick enough to avoid the theater being declared a protected landmark (which should've happened years earlier.)

EDIT: This is the screen I saw Star Wars on for the first time in 1977, and all the big movies of the 70's and 80's, so I took the demolition a bit personally.

I love those old theaters, used to dream of buying and restoring one, though I know it would be a massive uphill battle to even eek out enough ROI to stay afloat.

I too saw Star Wars in that type of theater, the Warner theater near where I grew up is one of the oldest standing theaters of that type. It's rarely used for movies anymore, mostly stage productions, concerts and stand-up comedy acts. At least the community around here had the good sense to recognize it's history and importance.

The last film to play there, before it closed down for many years was "The Nude Bomb"; which was a movie based on the TV series Get Smart. Talk about going out on a low-note.

Growing up we had one of the last (and largest ever) Cinerama screen - the Indian Hills Theater in Omaha NE. It had a concave shape to the screen so it would wrap around slightly and fill your peripheral vision. It was amazing. IMAX sucks compared to that screen.

theatre-main-2.jpg

The theater went broke because it couldn't compete with 24 screen multiplexes. They tore it down because a medical school wanted a larger parking lot. Four years later the school moved. F---ers.

Bastards.

What a shame.

I'm getting tired of changing IMAX ratio movies (TDKR, Transformers, SR and so on and so forth).

You're being irrational and unfair and you know it. You can't possibly take me to task for my having spread the good news before I even knew you. I suppose you were keeping it all to yourself before you joined this forum eh? Yeah, that's what I thought.

Oh, no, no, no, no, no! You are not turning this around on me! I only share my CF pics with someone when I'm in a committed, loving, monogamous relationship. You unleash your pics whenever a fly sugar daddy flashes rep points in your general direction. No standards, no self-respect. Ugh.

The "N" stands for knowledge. :monkey3

Nebraska_N.jpg

Back