Star Wars: The Force Awakens (12/18/15)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Star Wars: Episode VII (2015) Discussion Thread

Please not Spielberg. His buddy George would be *more* than a consultant then and we'd likely get KOTCS all over again.

he already is a consultant no? I still think Nolan would be a mistake we need someone that can do fantasy well, We don't need a James Bond drama in space...

I have high hopes for this, I think Disney will learned a lot from the prequels

I think Disney is smart enough to learn from the prequels and their track history so far with the Marvel franchise gives me hope that these movies will be better than the prequels!

Can't wait! :yess:

Disney I'd like to recommend you use things like sets and props on the new films. Yeah, believe it or not it isn't necessary to CG a chair or a gun.

I swear, it's like none of you realize that DISNEY MADE THE MARVEL STUDIO MOVIES. :lol

Jesus Christ.

It's the cool thing to do now. Mash Star Wars and Disney together and try to be funny. :lecture

An R rated Star Wars movie will NEVER happen. Like it or not, these new movies will still want to target the younger male demographic because that translates into more merchandise sales. I don't need an R rating to see it. As long as it has a decent writing team and director, I will be first in line. There is a reason why Empire is my favorite and that reason is Irvin Kershner. :exactly:

KOTOR would be awesome.. but EP7 it will be.. and I am sure they will do it many years after Ep6 ...

I didn't know we had two threads? But I want to see darthbtalon on the next episodes! Yes who the sexy actress to play her? Thesis the next 3 parts correct from the books? I hope it's a rated R movie! Talon would be so awesome!!!!! Please Disney make this happen!

People want an R rated Star Wars film?

Apparently so, but consider the source. :rolleyes2

Not even the Dark Knight was R rated for F___k's sake....

R rated Star Wars wouldn't be Star Wars any more than those damn prequel films.

We just need some fun films that aren't over-reliant on special effects and have decently written characters and story arcs.

R rated Star Wars wouldn't be Star Wars any more than those damn prequel films.

We just need some fun films that aren't over-reliant on special effects and have decently written characters and story arcs.

kinda like the Pirates of the Caribbean movies but better, (notice I said better)
Disney can do a decent action family flick, they have done them in the past. I don't see the problem.

people are talking like if the Prequels don't exist or something. No matter how much you try to erase them from your head they will always be there... always, Anything Disney makes will be better than those...

My vote for Han goes to

NathanFillion110810-thumb-549x398-51103.jpg

Same. Apparently hes older and fatter now but if he could get in some shape I don't see why his age should really be a barrier. Han would be older than in ROTJ.

Understand Spartan Rex I'm saying 'he would be my choice' only - not that I think theres a strong likelihood of him getting the job...if there even is a job.

His chances would be improved if Joss Whedon was directing but theres also every chance both of them would consider him as having essentially already played Han Solo in Firefly and Serenity. And Whedon probably won't be directing either. And Han Solo might not even be in it.

I can't see Harrison Ford returning at any cost so they going to need a good story to cover up why he's missing, but as long as Mark Hammill and Carrie Fisher return its good for me. I'd really like to see them being fresh with the story but still embracing the ideal's that Lucas & Kurtz set in motion back in the mid 1970's. I really want to see Luke and Leia battle the villain(s) as fully trained Jedi master's. They're both still young enough with the help of modern FX and against a great baddie. And thats the key, it needs a great villain. Personally i'd love to see Asajj Ventress but i can understand a totally new character.......oh please no more of the midichlorian crap!

There's no chance Carrie Fisher is going to be in the role again

So what's with people making guesses about what story it might be when there's like 100 books that take place after ROTJ to pull from?

I am in favor of Spielberg directing Episode 7. I feel he would set the correct tone for a new trilogy. Spielberg has the capability to direct a great Star Wars film. Plus, he has worked with Kathleen Kennedy for most of his career. And with George as consultant rather than the final decision maker, I just feel like Spielberg would be a great fit. Of course I am very open to a new talent taking over also. So many great filmmakers were inspired by Star Wars and would love to get a crack at making a SW film. Exciting times....and also a scary time for us old school fans.

Back