Star Wars: The Force Awakens (12/18/15)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Star Wars: Episode VII (2015) Discussion Thread

I know I saw I was against interfering with the EU, but seeing Mark Hamill as Luke Skywalker again makes me a bit giddy inside. I can see Billy Dee Williams reprising his role (and reprising it well!) and could see Anthony Daniels return along with recasts of Chewie and R2-D2. I would love to see the "Solo Kids" and Mara Jade in this as well. Where are Leia and Han? On some political adventure together off-screen. Maybe get some hologram transmissions from them and you could easily CGI them and not worry about landing them for these roles.

Oh boy. This is kind of cool now.

If like to see Spielberg, Favreau, Whedon or someone like that. Spielberg would be my #1 as I think he's an amazing director. He was the only one I wanted to mess with Middle-earth outside Jackson.

I don't see them using any of the existing post-jedi EU. Doesn't Lucas disregard all that stuff in the same way I disregard his PT?

I am in favor of Spielberg directing Episode 7. I feel he would set the correct tone for a new trilogy. Spielberg has the capability to direct a great Star Wars film. Plus, he has worked with Kathleen Kennedy for most of his career. And with George as consultant rather than the final decision maker, I just feel like Spielberg would be a great fit. Of course I am very open to a new talent taking over also. So many great filmmakers were inspired by Star Wars and would love to get a crack at making a SW film. Exciting times....and also a scary time for us old school fans.

I think so too, I think he would be a really great choice.

The Millennium Falcon needs to be in the next film. I've missed it almost as much as the characters.

There's no chance Carrie Fisher is going to be in the role again

Why do you say that, she looked pretty fit and well and certainly still enthusiastic for SW during Celebration IV.

So what's with people making guesses about what story it might be when there's like 100 books that take place after ROTJ to pull from?

Already said it will not involve any story or event within the Expanded Universe. Totally new and fresh, plus Lucas always says he doesn't consider EU as true canon..and as we all know theres canon and theres GL canon:thud:

I see them doing a new story but I don't see them just wiping out the EU books considering how much people like them and the work gone into them.

Carrie Fisher does not look pretty or fit and is beyond the age needed for the role. Sorry, it's how life goes, 30 years will do that, +drugs.

I see them doing a new story but I don't see them just wiping out the EU books considering how much people like them and the work gone into them.

Carrie Fisher does not look pretty or fit and is beyond the age needed for the role. Sorry, it's how life goes, 30 years will do that, +drugs.

I think she looks better than most people her age.
Carrie_Fisher-207x300.jpg
I wouldn't mind seeing any of OT cast again. I think putting Hamill on a program would bring good results too.

I absolutely see that.

I wouldn't mind seeing any of OT cast again. I think putting Hamill on a program would bring good results too.

She looks good there but I've also seen far less flattering shots, I'm not sure which is more recent.

^ That's probably more recent. Haven't you seen her awkward weight-loss commercials?

Is it weird that I want to see Ewan McGregor in old age make up as ghost Obi Wan, interacting with Hamill?

Not sure. All the **** she's talked about how Star Wars and Lucas destroyed her life, I'd be really, genuinely surprised if she did the films. The only reason she was signing at WonderCon (with Mark), was to promote her book. So her and Ford would be the hurdles to get the old cast back.

Back