Star Wars: The Force Awakens (12/18/15)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Harrison Ford Will Return As Han Solo In ‘Star Wars: Episode VII’ ???

Hope its very small...very tasteful.

That being said, why isn't this in the movie thread?

It could be that they have a montage a beginning of the movie bridging Ep VI to New Jedi Order or some such.... who knows.

I could see this being done well. Harrison's great in these types of roles; it was only Lucas that pretty much ruined the character in RotJ. I expect Abrams will be really mindful of not bringing back Solo in any sort of campy way. He did a great job with Nimoy in Trek. I pretty much assumed that franchise was dead but he managed to make a fantastic movie.

Last edited:

I'll keep an opened mind. I like Ford and he shouldn't disappoint.

I'll keep an opened mind. I like Ford and he shouldn't disappoint.

Yes agreed. Disney and Abrams know how to make it good! :wink1: can't wait to see the new movies and tons of new toys to destroy those sw collectors.

Hope its very small...very tasteful.

That being said, why isn't this in the movie thread?

It's because EVERY bit of Star Wars related news needs its own thread. :lol

Re: Star Wars: Episode VII (2015) Discussion Thread

Meh to your opinion. Meh to it all.

Indiana Jones 4's score was incredibly dull. I don't see what else Williams can do with Star Wars. He's done it all. If he wants to do more, fine. But i'd much rather hear something different to separate them.

The **** does it matter how old and fat they are? How is that going to affect their acting abilities?

Looks like Williams is up for it:
https://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/D117/news/?a=74417

JJ is stupid if he wants M. Junkenjello over Williams especially if John boy is up for it.
Williams owns those soundtracks like a boss and everyone else can sit down and shaddup.

I hope he comes back. His works are fantastic and his last one for Lincoln is just as good as anything he's done. I'd prefer to keep the same line of themes going through all nine films. It's part of what makes them special.

Indiana Jones 4's score was incredibly dull. I don't see what else Williams can do with Star Wars. He's done it all. If he wants to do more, fine. But i'd much rather hear something different to separate them.

Meh to your post.

Last edited:

Star Wars isn't Star Wars without Williams. To actually want him gone is insane. :slap

Probably the best thing from the PT is the score.

I disagree. I think it's one of his best and definitely one of a few that showed a return to form after several years of less than stellar soundtracks.

I don't see what else Williams can do with Star Wars. He's done it all. If he wants to do more, fine. But i'd much rather hear something different to separate them.

Another reason to not take you seriously.

I've never taken you seriously, with all your crazy political rants. So I guess we're even. :D

I disagree. I think it's one of his best and definitely one of a few that showed a return to form after several years of less than stellar soundtracks.

I don't know. I wasn't a fan. I'm not really quick to attack him for the score, because perhaps his heart wasn't really in it. I hear the Lincoln score is amazing.

I have nothing against him. But I haven't been feeling his action scores lately. He seems to do better with the dramatic stuff.

The **** does it matter how old and fat they are? How is that going to affect their acting abilities?

Well, in Harrison Ford's case, age seems to have eroded every ounce of charisma he once had.

I don't know. I wasn't a fan. I'm not really quick to attack him for the score, because perhaps his heart wasn't really in it. I hear the Lincoln score is amazing.

I have nothing against him. But I haven't been feeling his action scores lately. He seems to do better with the dramatic stuff.

While I agree that his best is behind him, I think its important that Episodes 7-9 are scored by him aswell for consistency sake. The spin-off movies can do whatever they want I guess, you're certainly not gonna get Williams to score them all even if he wasn't of advancing years.

I don't disagree with that. I'm not going to feel any negativity if he gets the gig. I just disagree with the pooing on Michael's music.

Hell, i'd rather have Michael AND John team up for the score. I

Back