Star Wars: The Force Awakens (12/18/15)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Star Wars: Episode VII (2015) Discussion Thread

Latino Review have a solid track record in the last decade when it comes to movie scoops. Also check out the video where El Mayimbe mentions some of their other scoops.

Just wait til you see this :

[ame]https://youtu.be/aLWwmEUk0yg[/ame]

With two 70 year olds.

Not sure if I like the idea of seeing an 80 year old Solo......

I lve the idea of seeing an 80 year old Han. :rock

No but seriously, age shouldn't have anything to do with it. I don't get those complaints.

For right now though, I need something more official besides some dude telling me it's "Official".

I never heard of Latino Review.

I have no problem and hope he is in it.

65242_10151429495102243_686911427_n.jpg

For right now though, I need something more official besides some dude telling me it's "Official".

I never heard of Latino Review.
Probably didn't notice the source credit in many movie articles. When posting movie scoop articles, many movie sites have been sourcing/quoting Latino Review for many years now cause they are very reliable and have connections with many Hollywood insiders. But I can understand if anyone doesn't want to believe this scoop for now.

In the OT Han flew a bucket 'a bolts. Now he IS the bucket 'a bolts. People were surprised at what the Falcon was capable of and now they can be surprised at what Han can do. I kinda like that idea.

My concern isn't over Harrison's age, he proved he can still move in Indy, but I will find it hard to believe intergalactic princes are fighting Han for Leia's love. :lol The whole Courtship of Leia plotline is pretty much out.

My concern isn't over Harrison's age, he proved he can still move in Indy, but I will find it hard to believe intergalactic princes are fighting Han for Leia's love. :lol The whole Courtship of Leia plotline is pretty much out.

Thanks goodness. Sounds lame. Is that from some EU book or comic strip?

It was one of the bigger 90s books like the Thrawn trilogy and yea, not a great one despite it's popularity. Han in command of forces on the bridge of a Star Destroyer etc.

Nerds are so hung up on Harrison Ford's age that I can only surmise there are other issues beneath the surface, like being reminded that these are real people.

How many tired "old" jokes continue to made about Ford as Indy? KOTCS has its issues, but his age is not one of them.

Han Solo will likely be the same. That character is Harrison Ford. Period. And if this story calls for Han, Luke and Leia in their twilight years, so be it. In fact, that angle is already more interesting to me than any of the crap the EU has put out there.

Nerds are so hung up on Harrison Ford's age that I can only surmise there are other issues beneath the surface, like being reminded that these are real people.

How many tired "old" jokes continue to made about Ford as Indy? KOTCS has its issues, but his age is not one of them.

Yes like the lens flare jokes.

Han Solo will likely be the same. That character is Harrison Ford. Period. And if this story calls for Han, Luke and Leia in their twilight years, so be it. In fact, that angle is already more interesting to me than any of the crap the EU has put out there.

Exactly. Was Old Ben a crap character? What about Tarkin? Where there ages detrimental to the story? And if not, why do some people assume it will be?

You guys are absolutely right. I'll gladly see him back. Personally I was just remarking on how hard to believe where all the time has gone, that Harrison is the age he is now.

Han was never Indy to begin with, what did he run down some hallways? I'm hard pressed to think of any Harrison Han Solo stunts that are in any way impressive. He'll just be sitting in the falcon's cockpit like always, maybe need to climb a ladder to the turret or to get down below for repairs, not much too it.

Luke was the one swinging, jumping, flipping etc.

I'd like to see Han and Leia estranged in Episode VII. We find out that they didn't work out as a couple and split up years ago. (Who cares about all the EU novels.) Bring some spark into their relationship instead of Han mellowing out and fading into domesticity. Then have events bring them back together so that they rekindle the old flame. Then kill him off.

I hope Han and the old guard are not the focus of the new movie(s). I imagine them being more effective as Alec Guiness Obi Wan type of mentors for a new generation of heroes. They can still be involved and integral, but I can't imagine them fulfilling the same central roles as in the original trilogy. Maybe like HF was in Cowboys and Aliens or even like Nick Fury in the Avengers. Let them have some dignity!

Harrison back as Han?
I love the idea as long as it's handled well. And as long as he doesn't sleep-walk through the role...

Imagine how powerful it could be (if done right) if an older Han dies a heroic death in this first sequel movie. Ford could get what he wanted with ROTJ, and the new trilogy would instantly have dramatic weight that the prequels never even came close to approaching.

Back