Star Wars: The Force Awakens (12/18/15)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Star Wars: Episode VII (2015) Discussion Thread

Everything new is better than everything old. Thats why Justin Bieber is better than the Beatles.

That was sarcasm. Its called age and it will happen to those of you who are smart enough to live that long.

Everything new is better than everything old. Thats why Justin Bieber is better than the Beatles.

That was sarcasm. Its called age and it will happen to those of you who are smart enough to live that long.

Or Lebron James vs Michael Jordan. I read a great article that talked about how we forget how good older athletes were in favor of current ones. Same goes for everything else in life. Sorry that comment got me thinking about something I just talked about with my dad.

I'm starting to see this though as I get older. Damn this getting older :mad::gah::lol

I hope he comes back. His works are fantastic and his last one for Lincoln is just as good as anything he's done. I'd prefer to keep the same line of themes going through all nine films. It's part of what makes them special.

I agree, Williams' music is integral to these films. I'm hoping Abrams will bring fresh energy and enthusiasm for the subject matter and that it will be infectious for all involved in the creative process!

Sorry guys, as much as I love JW, he is not going to be the man for the new movies. I doubt very much that he is even interested and that alone will cinch it.

wait..what?
not interested in penning new SW music?
john williams right?
sure he is...the internets never lies!!

lol.
i think he is keen if GL is involved..depends on Disney in the end..

I think he'd probably like to but might pass just because of the amount of work. Though, if he can do Lincoln then he could do another Star Wars movie. But he wouldn't be able to do all of the new movies, probably not even just the new trilogy so they might just want to start with someone else since they'll end up that way eventually.

I'm up for John Williams for sure. If he can't do it, then Mike Giachinno I think would be a great fit.

I'm up for John Williams for sure. If he can't do it, then Mike Giachinno I think would be a great fit.

His Trek score did nothing for me and none of his other music is in the least bit Star Warsy. I dunno, he wouldn't be my pick if Williams is out.

They'll probably find some lost/unused themes to use as reuse a lot anyways.

His Trek score did nothing for me and none of his other music is in the least bit Star Warsy. I dunno, he wouldn't be my pick if Williams is out.

Exactly why it'll work.

Actually, that's the same reason why I love Revenge of the Sith's score so much. It's the least Star Warsy of the whole thing.

Not that I don't love me some Star Wars scores. But I also like the expansion on scores. I like to hear the themes revamped, and updated for the sequels.

For me, the 3 Indiana Jones' films are probably my favorite Williams' scores. They all have a certain sound to them, but they still keep the same flavor.

I didn't really get that so much with Star Wars. Not that there's anything at all wrong with that.

Hmm, I think he can fit. I was very skeptical of his Trek score but ended up loving it as it was familiar yet fresh. That's what I'm hoping for these three. I hope Williams is in above all else. To each his own I guess.

I am very surprised to hear Williams say those things. I figured he would be too old to return to the franchise. Here's hoping he can see it through to the end. Honestly I think it'd be best if he collaborated with someone to ensure the entire trilogy has a cohesive feel to it. I hate when a composer leaves a franchise and it is replaced nearly as much as I do when a character is recast. It's obvious to my ears that something's off.

I'm a proponent of Michael Giachinno after hearing a lot of his stuff on YouTube. But if we can get Williams back? I'm all for that.

Williams wants to do it so why change a winning formula? May be the 2nd filmcould feature a joint score... so passing the torch which will also echo the on screen story.

Williams wants to do it so why change a winning formula? May be the 2nd filmcould feature a joint score... so passing the torch which will also echo the on screen story.

While that sounds good on paper, it's much more difficult to pull off in reality. The Harry Potter movies barely achieved that.

NyMnbcE.gif

Back