Star Wars: The Force Awakens (12/18/15)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Star Trek sucks anyways, all of it.

If Wrath of Khan is supposed to be the ultimate Star Trek, well then......meh.

Yeah Spock's death was sad, but whatever, he came back. :lol

OT > any Star Trek.

Star Wars vs Star Trek...........this could get a little bumpy.......

72vrOTg.jpg

Well I would put the quality of the ST reboots a bit higher then PT. Acting is at least far better.

As would I to be fair. They are a lot more bearable.

Great minds think alike! :clap

I was ok with the fist film creating an alternate timeline and giving free reign to whatever new things they wanted to do with the old crew...until they did STID. A whole new universe to play with and all they could do was rehash original Trek. It was pathetic.

:duff

I have to admit I was curious about the possibility of going over old stories or characters in a new way but STID squashed that into the ground by being so...well, crap.

I love watching Trekkies vs whatever you call hardcore Star Wars fans fight.

It's like the ultimate topic that pits nerds against each other. I feel like King ceaser in a coliseum

Old Trek rocks Jye, come on!! :lol

That said, coincidentally in light of this current discussion tangent, I watched ST: TMP last night. I'd never watched it before until about two years ago, & found it painfully boring. This time around, I actually liked it a bit more. I don't know, it's got some nice effects work going on (Trumball & Dykstra) so that's a cool thing. The drawn out sequences are just visual lullabies though. :lol

Old Trek rocks Jye, come on!! :lol

That said, coincidentally in light of this current discussion tangent, I watched ST: TMP last night. I'd never watched it before until about two years ago, & found it painfully boring. This time around, I actually liked it a bit more. I don't know, it's got some nice effects work going on (Trumball & Dykstra) so that's a cool thing. The drawn out sequences are just visual lullabies though. :lol

That's why it's called Star Trek: The (Slow) Motion Picture :)

The director's cut (which is only on DVD) tightens things up a bit and it moves a bit quicker. There's some reason they couldn't convert it to HD for a blu ray release, but I can't remember what it is. It's still not great, but it's an easier watch.

Should say "The Director's Edition" on the front. I know the blu ray is the theatrical cut. I don't know if the theatrical has ever been on DVD. If this is the one you saw, then the theatrical cut would comatize you. :wink1:
211st_tmp_cstm4_hires.jpg

I associate that film with Phileas Fogg Devilishly Hot Tortillas, which sadly no longer seem to exist. I was enjoying a large packet possibly the very first time I saw Star Trek:TMP in full.

I associate that film with Phileas Fogg Devilishly Hot Tortillas, which sadly no longer seem to exist. I was enjoying a large packet possibly the very first time I saw Star Trek:TMP in full.

I was 4 the first time I saw it. I remember we tried to see it a few times before we actually got in because it was sold out. It's odd, the first movies I remember seeing are Star Wars, Star Trek and Moonraker. It's like there's some sort of pattern...wait, the Muppet Movie is in there too. Pattern broken. :dunno

No I don't have that edition, looks cool too - two discs! :rock I love 2DVD editions of the classics, & I wish a bunch of my faves got released for the Aussie market that way. I've got this one:

Star-Trek-The-Motion-Picture-1979-Dutch-Front-Cover-23575.jpg

Hmm, what's the run time? Original is 2h 12 m, director's is 2h 16m., the packaging on yours looks a lot like the blu ray here in the states.

I was 4 the first time I saw it. I remember we tried to see it a few times before we actually got in because it was sold out. It's odd, the first movies I remember seeing are Star Wars, Star Trek and Moonraker. It's like there's some sort of pattern...wait, the Muppet Movie is in there too. Pattern broken. :dunno

My earliest cinema memories were 10 years later, films like Masters of the Universe, Beetlejuice and Batman '89.

The only Star Trek films I've actually seen in the cinema are Generations, First Contact, Insurrection and the first Abrams movie. I think you said you don't like Generations although I've got some strong nostalgia attached to that one - my mum went to see it with us which was unusual. And then the clapping at the end, people seemed happy with it at the time - the novelty of seeing the TNG crew on the big screen. I don't think the Kirk death bothered that particular audience :lol

Back