Star Wars: The Force Awakens (12/18/15)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well so far everything in the horizon looks great to me, including the Rogue One film.

I think the biggest obstacle they have upcoming is casting the right person for a young Han Solo. I think it would be wise if the spinoffs were more like Rogue One and introduced new characters set in the past or present timeline.

I reckon a few years after the sequel trilogy it will be declared awful like the PT was. As long at the OT exists all afterwords will be hated once the hype has died away

They'll hate them if they're bad. I've said that if the new movie is good, SW fans...which includes the critics, will think episode 7 is the greatest thing ever initially, and then years later, in retrospect, they'll be able to asses the film objectively. Then again, some SW can't do that with the OT...but that has a lot to do with nostalgia, something the new films can't rely on. Another thing to consider is how fans are going to feel about the constant amount of SW content? With a new SW movie every year, some of the luster and the feeling of watching something that's a commodity will be lost, to the point that a new SW film will be nothing special, just another "popcorn film" in an already crowded movie season. With so many upcoming films, there's no way they can all be good, look at Marvel. Maybe that'll be a good thing because it will lower people's expectation, and therefore fans will be able to accept the new films for what they are, and not what they think they should be.

Another thing to consider is how fans are going to feel about the constant amount of SW content? With a new SW every year, some of the luster and the feeling of watching something that's a commodity will be lost, to the point that a new SW film will be nothing special, just another "popcorn film" in an already crowded movie season.

Yup, it's over saturation and it'll get old real fast. Same thing will happen with Marvel fairly soon.

Yup, it's over saturation and it'll get old real fast. Same thing will happen with Marvel fairly soon.

I think Marvel can easily avoid that if they explore their universe and they stop making origin stories and using the traditional superhero movie formula. Unlike SW, both Marvel and DC can make all kind of comic book films that aren't strictly "super hero" movies, jut look at Guardians of the Galaxy. The Thor films should be fantasy films with nothing to do with earth, and there are plenty of comics and characters that don't fallow that superhero formula. Those universes are so huge, yet they only explore a tiny little area. I'd love to see a marvel western or a horror/ adventure film.

I think Marvel can easily avoid that if they explore their universe and they stop making origin stories and using the traditional superhero movie formula. Unlike SW, both Marvel and DC can make all kind of comic book films that aren't strictly "super hero" movies, jut look at Guardians of the Galaxy. The Thor films should be fantasy films with nothing to do with earth, and there are plenty of comics and characters that don't fallow that superhero formula. Those universes are so huge, yet they only explore a tiny little area. I'd love to see a marvel western or a horror/ adventure film.

Well, of course that's the way to keep things interesting. But will they? Marvel are a major company. They could lose audience members by straying too far from their formula.

I'm sure most will hate this movie and insult those who like it. Per usual here.

You obviously have not been paying attention then. Most are likely to like the film, being as it's more than likely going to be a decent movie unlike the last 3. It'll be a few too cool for school kids (aka 30-40 nerds who can't deal) who put it down cause internetz said so. Which we are already seeing BTW. (also some people thrive on just being different and have to have a different opinion than everyone else) Don't worry if it's bad we'll all let you know it!

As i've already said if you're not excited by this check your pulse, check your fandom, check your lack of vagin@, check your head, check your insecurity cause you're in for a treat!

Another TV spot, maybe too many of these now. To be honest, as pumped as I am for this movie, some of these have damaged my enthusiasm. The second trailer especially gave Ren a sense of power and menace in his voice, that seems to be toned down for the real thing and a few other scenes appear to be the same. The Disney XD spot did the most damage I think as it showed some questionable acting, but maybe they were just unfinished clips. Still pumped though...

I'm sure most will hate this movie and insult those who like it. Per usual here.

I have seen little hate, just the same comments from yourself over and over. I like TPM especially and have said so on numerous occasions. This movie is not linked to them so will be judged on its own merits. Also, you keep saying OT as if it was the be all and end all, bear in mind that many fans didn't think much to ROTJ either...

Disney has done an incredible job with the marketing, nothing has been given away.

They've simply expanded upon the original trailer's narrative, ever so slightly.

I can't get over how much OT this movie feels, plus it looks gorgeous!

I'm a cynical **** yet this movie has won me over.

My only concern is what has been going on for 32 years since the Ewok party.

Disney has done an incredible job with the marketing, nothing has been given away.

They've simply expanded upon the original trailer's narrative, ever so slightly.

I can't get over how much OT this movie feels, plus it looks gorgeous!

I'm a cynical **** yet this movie has won me over.

My only concern is what has been going on for 32 years since the Ewok party.

32 years after the ewok party...
this happened.

star-wars-7-news-adam-driver.jpg

hint: a force wielder ****ed an ewok that night.

Back