Star Wars: The Force Awakens (12/18/15)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So.. you're a fan of Kyle Stimpy? :lol

Oh no, did we also lose you to the dark side. :lol

32 years after the ewok party...
this happened.

star-wars-7-news-adam-driver.jpg

hint: a force wielder ****ed an ewok that night.

He does look like a shaved and groomed Ewok doesn't he. :lol

Over the last thirty odd years there's been mystery & unanswered questions fans have discussed & argued, i think that's great.
I'm hoping in TFA they don't blatantly explain to us for example how C3P0 gets the red arm...lets keep fans guessing on some things for another 30 years.
Everything seems to be needed to be watered down for this digital age of movie goers.

Over the last thirty odd years there's been mystery & unanswered questions fans have discussed & argued, i think that's great.
I'm hoping in TFA they don't blatantly explain to us for example how C3P0 gets the red arm...lets keep fans guessing on some things for another 30 years.
Everything seems to be needed to be watered down for this digital age of movie goers.

Hence why Prequel movies ever so rarely work.

I can't get over how much OT this movie feels

When it comes to aping the OT, they're damned if they do and damned if they don't. I guess J.J. has gone with "do".

I'm hoping in TFA they don't blatantly explain to us for example how C3P0 gets the red arm

That will be explained in a comic book next month, for those who need to know.

Spoiler Spoiler:

And Luke's whereabouts have already been hinted at in the Shattered Empire comic.

Spoiler Spoiler:

Not only is Disney doing a great job with the marketing, the Lucasfilm Story Group is doing a great job with the back story.

Even if I wasn't getting the OT vibe, but how could I not with the OT cast being back, the movie still looks exciting.

Its got a grand operatic openness to it that just seems so inviting.

Disney's voodoo is working on me.

Not only is Disney doing a great job with the marketing, the Lucasfilm Story Group is doing a great job with the back story.

I agree. I truly haven't seen anything terribly offensive yet. I know its to come in the following years, but right now this is all still fun.

Like pre-Phantom Menace hype. This is always the best part.

It's just different than 99' we really didn't know Lucas had lost his mind at that point.(although i understand being cautious) Plus they are trying to fix the damage that was done. Be excited, BE VERY EXCITED. It's time SW fans, long overdue!

BTW i was 23 when TPM came out and lied to myself for a few years.....NOT THIS TIME!

It's just different than 99' we really didn't know Lucas had lost his mind at that point.(although i understand being cautious) Plus they are trying to fix the damage that was done. Be excited, BE VERY EXCITED. It's time SW fans, long overdue!

BTW i was 23 when TPM came out and lied to myself for a few years.....NOT THIS TIME!

JJ may have collapsed under the pressure. Who knows? I'm very hopeful for the film. I'm just not convincing myself it's going to be the best thing ever. Yet.

I was 13 at the time and enjoyed it, I guess I was the target audience at that age. But at 29 (has it really been that long?!) I still think despite its flaws, it is a decent movie, more so than it's two follow ups.

I don't know why we are comparing them to this though, Lucas had gone off the rails by that point. This is a fresh start with new people behind every aspect of it, let's give it a chance.

I was never a huge SW fan...more of a casual fan, mainly because SW wasn't very relevant in the late 80's and early 90's when I was younger. When I saw TPM, I went to see it with my older brother and his girlfriend. It was exciting because of all the hype, the merchandise everywhere, and seeing people camping outside to see a film was so strange, but it felt like a big deal. When we got to the theater there were all these guys dressed up like Jedi, holding the light up lightsabers when the film started...it was like a party. By the time it ended, there was only silence and asked my brother, who's a huge SW fan, what he thought of the film, and he said, "It's...alright." I told him that my favorite parts of the film were the underwater scene and the final fight. He didn't really talk about the film after that...I guess he was disappointed. I didn't love it, but I didn't think it was the worst film ever either. In retrospect, it's not a good movie, but at least I had a good time watching the film and experiencing the massive hype. The wait was probably the most fun part of the "SW experience."

Back