1/6 Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back - 1/6th scale Darth Vader 40th Anniversary

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There's no HT Vader on the market right now.

Plenty of people still need a Vader in their collection.
Given all that, it obviously makes zero sense they'd put a Vader out.

They should have put out a 1/6 ROTJ Vader...I'm probably still gonna get it though.

They should have put out a 1/6 ROTJ Vader...I'm probably still gonna get it though.

I agree but they're getting this out 3rd quarter this year. I think them wanting to have something during the actual anniversary year led them to the 2 figure releases since they had everything prepared already.

But then you're releasing a ROTJ Vader at the hype of the ESB anniversary merch push. This really is the perfect opportunity to put this figure out again in a quick window.

I'm actually surprised HT didn't wait a little while longer with the original release of ESB Vader and then offered everyone the choice of either box. Then again they would rather drain every single penny we have in our pockets with multiple releases of the same figure knowing we will have to buy them.

Personally I don't like the idea of a package different than the rest in a collection.
I prefer all with same style or all with different style.

Personally I don't like the idea of a package different than the rest in a collection.
I prefer all with same style or all with different style.

Good thing this figure was already released in the original packaging.

Seeing that I store all my boxes in my storage building tucked away in totes, I don't mind the new box. At least it will match the other 40th anniversary ESB Vader's I have on preorder(Black Series Carbonized and eventually the Black Series carded Vader)

I don't care the slightest about the box the high end collectibles come in, as long as it does the job in protecting them. The box, no matter how cool it is, goes in the attic for storage next to the others.

I now store all my boxes in the trash. Felt good to throw out all that crap haha. I'm interested to see if any improvements are done to this

I now store all my boxes in the trash. Felt good to throw out all that crap haha. I'm interested to see if any improvements are done to this

Where do you store all of your accessories? What if you want to sell a figure one day?

Private selling has sucked for a better part of a decade now it?s just not worth the hassle anymore.

Ebay, PayPal fees are crazy and non bulk shipping costs are just brutal.

If I buy it I?m keeping it.

I?ll never forget the stress of protecting some of the delicate pieces I have sold before from super heavy super long and super detailed polystone and metal.

If I never sell another collectible again I will be super happy lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Private selling has sucked for a better part of a decade now it?s just not worth the hassle anymore.

Ebay, PayPal fees are crazy and non bulk shipping costs are just brutal.

If I buy it I?m keeping it.

I?ll never forget the stress of protecting some of the delicate pieces I have sold before from super heavy super long and super detailed polystone and metal.

If I never sell another collectible again I will be super happy lol

Sounds like you had bad experiences selling? I'd be afraid to sell a statue, but I'm good with almost everything else as long as you let the buyer know everything and document your process. I have video of the mail man picking up the packages through the security system even :lol

It only costs like $8-12 to ship a Hot Toy via USPS priority mail, add a few dollars for insurance. And PayPal only takes 2.9%. You don't lose a whole lot. Bring in eBay though... that's why I'm trying to sell here :lol

It ticks me off that Mara Jade isn?t canon as well. I don?t know why Lucas/Disney would ignore such a hugely popular fan favorite character.
She's a redhead. They've been dropping off like flies in media for a while now. Who knows why...

I wonder if it has to do with acknowledging other creators or paying royalties. However, even now it could still be fixed. No reason Luke couldn?t have met and married MJ, even if only for a brief time. She could still have started off as the Emperor?s Hand and a powerful force wielder. With the empire defeated and a semblance of peace and freedom in the galaxy, Leia and Han happily married with a newborn son, and Luke married to Mara Jade it would have been their Camelot. Mara goes off with Luke to train a new generation of Jedi and tragically dies or gets killed a few years later. That would only add to Luke?s tragedy and bitterness.
They canned they entire EU so that they would be free to create a "new" tailored to the [current year], while still stealing from the EU but without having to acknowledge it. I still remember KK coming out and saying "unlike Marvel, we don't have tons of comics and books as source material". BRAVO KK!

Had the sequels not gone the way they did with Rey, another twist of the MJ story would be that she disappeared and was presumed dead. However in reality she could have been badly injured during an attack and her ship had to crash land on Jakku. Unbeknownst to Luke, she was also pregnant at the time. That way Rey could have been Luke?s daughter (the offspring of two extremely powerful force wielders), Leia?s niece and Ben?s cousin?which would have accounted for their strong force connection. This could have been implemented even up to Rise of Skywalker (and actually would have worked perfect for the title). Would just have needed to figure out a few plot beats to creative the connective tissue with TFA plot lines. Unfortunately, the Solo twins are completely in the wind.
When Kerri Russel was cast, most people assumed that she was gonna play Mara Jade and that's how the story would go. But, instead, we got RoS... But hey, we got Hermit Luke drinking Green Space Milk from the tit! Haha, that smarty Rian and his subversions. Much better than the boring and predictable ways a story could go in a franchise about space wizards!

Well Rebels gave us Thrawn, maybe they'll slip MJ in somewhere. I think they KNOW some older Legends/EU characters are popular and fans want them. I wouldn't be shocked if they pull it out. There's a HUGE gap between ROTJ and TFA, and the comics are giving us some insight, but there's still a lot of room to play with.
There is a rumour that she's the one Luke keeps seeing in his visions in the current Marvel SW comic, but even if she does come back, I fear she'll be some pansexual tranhermotherkin who'll cuck Luke with an alien tentacle...

As cool as Mara Jade (Maray Sujade) was she was definitely a Mary Sue before Rey. She has red hair, the trademark of Mary Sues, she?s the secret all powerful agent of the Emperor and the main hero falls for her. Even her purple lightsaber before Mace made it canon, is another indicator of being special and above the rest. It?s interesting that the EU, Lucas and the ST all planned for the OT heroes to ultimately die and/or fail in these future stories. That said no one is stopping anyone from keeping their own head canon about Luke hooking up with some imperial firebrand turned Jedi who died or ran away before the temple was destroyed. Until Lucasfilm decides to give Luke a wife somehow. Even then MJ could be his first, who knows.
Some Mary Sues/Gary Stus are better than others. And it all comes down to execution and charisma. I'll take Starkiller and Mara everyday over Rey. Even Mace, who was just Space SLJ being Space SLJ, was cool at least because he had character. Leia beating Luke in a duel, Rey being a super-important, all-loved plank of wood, Holdo being a Donut Steel ***** and whatever else, had nothing to hook you, and therefore are just bad cases of self-insertism and Mary Suing.

Besides, being powerful and having a unique design isn't a trait of a MS/GS, it's usually that of an MC. The key is giving them character traits, arcs, flaws, troubles, limitations, etc, instead of showering them with praise just for existing. X being great just 'cause, defeating Y and being loved isn't that much of an interesting story. And if we're talking solely about movies, shows and whatnot, it comes down to how well the actor/actress can emote, how likeable they are, all that jazz. Even a shallow character can gain a new dimension through a great performance.

Isn't the ROTJ costume super glossy? Where are the unhealthily obsessed Vader collectors when you need one?

Late to this party but as an unhealthily obsessed 501st Vader cosplayer I've studied and obessed over the small ridiculous minutiae of the costume the differences from ESB to ROTJ are
1. The helmet dome is different ROTJ sits slightly higher and it doesn't have an indent on the bottom
2. Chest box is completely different smaller in size black face on the coin slots and different greeblies
3. The inner robe has different pleats (the ESB HT figure is more accurate to ROTJ than ESB)
4. Visible cape chain and hook on the chest armor
5. The leather suit is slightly different because prowes put on weight between 5&6 so the suit has v's on the front from added leather pannels so he could fit his costume
6. The belt was smaller and the buckle had slightly different lines on it
7. A different cape was used in ROTJ
(5,6&7 on the list are really splitting hairs )

As for the idea of Vader being shinnier its really only in the Death Star hangar when he's on endor and in the thrown room he looks pretty rough

So there you have it ! And yes I do realize I have an unhealthy obsession :horror

So that?s why the helmet always looked bigger to me, sits higher up, makes sense.

Appreciate the confirmation from a fanatic lol

I don't have a Vader in my collection yet so I just ordered this one. I love the characters in Star Wars but I likely wouldn't even notice if there were any outfit inconsistencies unless they were absolutely glaring.

Back