1/6 Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back - 1/6th scale Darth Vader 40th Anniversary

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Does anyone polish the Vader helmet using finishing compound? I notice the helmet still can be finishing polish for more reflection.

Any tips on working with this god awful dome?

I wish there was a more accurate sculpt of this helmet.

If you can find the Rogue One helmet, throw that on there and it really improves the figure. It isn't completely accurate either but the shape of the mask is better and there isn't any issue with the dome falling off.

Does anyone polish the Vader helmet using finishing compound? I notice the helmet still can be finishing polish for more reflection.

You can, but don't use too much or you will dig through the layers. My mate ruined his R1 Vader dome (assuming HT used the same production method for the ESB dome)

You can, but don't use too much or you will dig through the layers. My mate ruined his R1 Vader dome (assuming HT used the same production method for the ESB dome)

It there a layer of black paint on the helmet? Why will it damaged? Can share the photo after the finishing polish ?

Dang it, want to get onto the Sideshow Newsletter giveaway. But nope! They changed the T&C a few years back to prohibit all international involvement in their giveaways. :( A bit strange they won't even allow European customers since they still are the main distributor of Hot Toys products here :monkey1

Dang it, want to get onto the Sideshow Newsletter giveaway. But nope! They changed the T&C a few years back to prohibit all international involvement in their giveaways. :( A bit strange they won't even allow European customers since they still are the main distributor of Hot Toys products here :monkey1

I know that sucks and it makes no sense seeing as they want you to pay shipping if you win anyway. Between that, not being able to buy gift cards (internationals again), expiring rewards points, and the meaningless promo codes only redeemable on the poor choices of hard to sell tat they have clogging up their warehouses, I hope Sidescrooge get visited by 3 ghosts at Christmas and take a long hard look at their fall from popularity. :slap

Hi guys. I'm new member here. I have some problems with my new Darth Vader figure and I think you could help me.

1- I can't remove the screw in the little boxes around the belt. Could you tell me what kind of screwdriver I need for that?

2- I removed the right arm to put the arm who has batteries lightsaber light, but now I can't fit it, It's really impossible. How did you do it? Is there any trick / good way for that?

Thank you very much

Find yourself a hobby tool kit. As for the arm, it?s notorious for being a pain in the ass, especially with a figure like Vader.

My advice would be to twist the upper arm so the bicep is facing forward and patience. Also, lay the figure down on its back on a flat surface safe surface and hopefully you have the dome off.

Good luck, that arm is not worth the hassle. They need to figure out a different of giving us light up sabers.

Hi guys. I'm new member here. I have some problems with my new Darth Vader figure and I think you could help me.

1- I can't remove the screw in the little boxes around the belt. Could you tell me what kind of screwdriver I need for that?

2- I removed the right arm to put the arm who has batteries lightsaber light, but now I can't fit it, It's really impossible. How did you do it? Is there any trick / good way for that?

Thank you very much

1- Use a tiny Phillips(cross head) screwdriver on the belt boxes

2- Heat up the joint fitting on the arm using a hair dryer/heat gun...Or leave it to sit in some hot water for a few minutes

It has its flaws but I still think this one is my favorite HT Vader.
51338688770_1821a5c252_o.png

Had this figure for awhile, before the 40th anniversary edition, and am wondering: has anyone else encountered an issue with the folded torso robes? On the left and right of his “stomach console” lol. Some of the folded sections are unfolded basically, and I don’t know if there’s any way to fix it. It’s not that big a deal but had to ask. Don’t know if it’s possible to recreate the machine-perfect way it comes out of the packaging.

Had this figure for awhile, before the 40th anniversary edition, and am wondering: has anyone else encountered an issue with the folded torso robes? On the left and right of his “stomach console” lol. Some of the folded sections are unfolded basically, and I don’t know if there’s any way to fix it. It’s not that big a deal but had to ask. Don’t know if it’s possible to recreate the machine-perfect way it comes out of the packaging.
You can unclick the belt in the middle and try to refold them.

The best option to click the belt back in is to lay the figure down on its back, preferably on a folded towel, and bring the two pieces of the belt together for it to click in place. (Always remember to remove the top part of the helmet before reposing.)

The Rogue One Vader is my favorite in 1/6th, however I did not want to pay the aftermarket price for him. This one will do for now.

Attachments

• 20210818_194100.jpg
    20210818_194100.jpg
    87.9 KB · Views: 52
  • 20210818_194048.jpg
    20210818_194048.jpg
    81.8 KB · Views: 53
I'm curious as to how the leather/pleather (whatever it's called) holds up over time? Has anyone had any cracking/crumbling issues with the first Empire version of Vader? I assume they used the same materials.

Back