Star Wars: The Acolyte

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Going by most of the Star Wars content produced so far by Disney and looking at the clips Disney has released so far this will be awful. If Hot Toys makes a load of figures from it then I can save a lot of money.
This may end of being far worse than Kenobi, BOBF, Ahsoka, the sequel trilogy and Mando Season 3.

Going by most of the Star Wars content produced so far by Disney and looking at the clips Disney has released so far this will be awful. If Hot Toys makes a load of figures from it then I can save a lot of money.
This may end of being far worse than Kenobi, BOBF, Ahsoka, the sequel trilogy and Mando Season 3.
Even if "Acolyte" is BETTER than the shows you mention- do enough people even CARE anymore? Its clear that apathy has set in ☺

Even if "Acolyte" is BETTER than the shows you mention- do enough people even CARE anymore? Its clear that apathy has set in ☺
I actually cancelled my Disney Plus subscription as I did not think it was worth keeping. I have given up hope of them being able to produce good quality Star Wars content.

Personally, I'm pretty much just anti-Disney at this point. They hate "me" and have no problem letting their directors and cast prove that on Social Media every time their **** fails.

I've no reason to offer interest in a company that considers me a deplorable, racist, homophobe.

They could buy up the rest of the franchises I loved as a kid, and I'd never give those films the time of day now. Idc wtf it is.

Burn it all to ash. Idc anymore.

I'm not supporting a company that has absolutely no qualms in publicly saying "you're the problem", when I WAS a paying customer/fan.

I'm stupid but I ain't ****** stupid.

1717203541131.png

X-23: "I so wish I really did have retractable claws right now you ****ing moron."

That does it...

c3umwkR.jpeg
Just replace that dead ass main actor with another character. Kill him off.

He's ****. The only film I ever cared for that guy in was Unforgiven. He got his foot waaaaaaay in the door by being in an Eastwood film but he is absolutely **** as an actor imo.

He's the ONE gd weakness of the entire show. And he's the main ****** character...

The unique hatred towards this show before premiere, of all the Disney shows, remains utterly baffling.

I remain ambivalently optimistic despite being underwhelmed by the clips, because I quite enjoyed the writer’s Netflix show, “Russian Doll.”

I don’t know what got everyone so worked up, but I’ll leave you all to it. Might check back in after watching.

The unique hatred towards this show before premiere, of all the Disney shows, remains utterly baffling.

I remain ambivalently optimistic despite being underwhelmed by the clips, because I quite enjoyed the writer’s Netflix show, “Russian Doll.”

I don’t know what got everyone so worked up, but I’ll leave you all to it. Might check back in after watching.
Internet hate culture. People love ragging on things. It's pretty crazy how much this show has enraged a certain portion of the fanbase. Personally, I've liked half of what Disney has made, so I'm cautiously optimistic. Hoping this is closer in quality to Ahsoka and Andor than BOBF and the ST.

Thankfully one of the main actress’s looks super happy about her show…

IMG_9545.jpeg

Not everyone loves consoooming lazy slop wrapped in a Star Wars label.

It's already clearly evident that this show contains everything detestable about Disney Star Wars turned up to 11.

Since we can no longer love good shows, we are forced to hate bad shows.

Would you keep going to a restaurant if they ruined your food half the time?
That's a false analogy. People treat food and media differently. If fans approached franchises in that way there wouldn't be any fandoms at all. I can't think of a single popular franchise that doesn't have its share of terrible movies/shows (Star Wars, Star Trek, Terminator, Alien, Dune, Indiana Jones, anime, the list goes on and on).
Being a Star Wars fan, you gotta take the good with the bad. The series has been flawed for 40+ years, far longer than I've even been alive. I'm willing to give anything Star Wars a chance because the highs often outweigh the lows and I appreciate the universe overall. I'm not going into Acolyte with many expectations, so it could definitely surprise me the way Andor did. If I don't like it, I'll just move on.

Last edited:
Back