Star Wars: The Acolyte

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't go to sushi restaurants, because I don't like sushi.

I also don't go on sushi message boards and spend my time talking about how much I hate sushi.

I am 42 and dying one day at a time, I need new Star Wars content. Hurry up Disney.

That's a false analogy. People treat food and media differently.

giphy.gif

Personally, I'm pretty much just anti-Disney at this point. They hate "me" and have no problem letting their directors and cast prove that on Social Media every time their **** fails.

I've no reason to offer interest in a company that considers me a deplorable, racist, homophobe.

They could buy up the rest of the franchises I loved as a kid, and I'd never give those films the time of day now. Idc wtf it is.

Burn it all to ash. Idc anymore.

I'm not supporting a company that has absolutely no qualms in publicly saying "you're the problem", when I WAS a paying customer/fan.

I'm stupid but I ain't ****** stupid.
Must get tiring playing the victim all the time.

If people call out racism, sexism and homophobia and you think “why do they hate me”, why do you feel that it’s specifically targeted towards you?

If you’re not part of the problem then you shouldn’t be offended by it.

If you’re not a deplorable, racist, homophobe then you shouldn’t be bothered by those people being called out, really. And they should be called out, because they do exist even if it’s a loud minority of the fanbase.

The unique hatred towards this show before premiere, of all the Disney shows, remains utterly baffling.

I remain ambivalently optimistic despite being underwhelmed by the clips, because I quite enjoyed the writer’s Netflix show, “Russian Doll.”

I don’t know what got everyone so worked up, but I’ll leave you all to it. Might check back in after watching.
I think it is simply that folk are, at this point, all out of good will. I recall when the BOBF trailer was released folk were excited. Same for Kenobi. But then folk saw the shows. Like the boy who cried wolf story, eventually people stop responding in a positive way and automatically assume it will be bad because that is the paytern that has formed. Most of the shows are either bad or a mixed bag. Not a good track record. Then there are the red flags in the casting, the trailer, the interviews etc. Folk aren't willing to give the benefit of the doubt. I will reserve final judgement for when I have watched the show but as it stands, everything I have seen indicates it will be terrible, maybe mediocre at best.

The hate for this show is not unique, the lack of goodwil is. That was eroded by Disney themselves. Do not assume the audience are at fault or somehow bad people, it certainly isn't that.

She just can’t help herself can she.

Little does she know that everyone she just said hates women and minorities love:

Leia
Ridley
Connor
Lewis
Marion Ravenwood
Ahsoka
Dune (Mando)
Furiosa (i’m going a 2nd time this weekend)
LeeLoo
Trinity
Black Widow
Storm
WW
Yu Shu Lien (Crouching Tiger)
Blade
Black Panther
Lando
Creed
Dillon (Uuu sun awf a beech)
Axel Foley
Nick Fury
Morpheus
Mile Morales
Windu
Jules (Pulp Fiction)

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I can keep going and going and going with this list!

You know how ignorant KK really is?

All these women haters just finished praising…PRAISING…

Ahsoka
Hera
Shin

From a SW show!! :slap

Now what KK…Now what.

Going to go bury your head in the sand again?

No Kathleen what we hate is poor world building with forced narratives.

Good ahead keep attacking your main customers.

How has she not been fired yet.

Last edited:
I think it is simply that folk are, at this point, all out of good will. I recall when the BOBF trailer was released folk were excited. Same for Kenobi. But then folk saw the shows. Like the boy who cried wolf story, eventually people stop responding in a positive way and automatically assume it will be bad because that is the paytern that has formed. Most of the shows are either bad or a mixed bag. Not a good track record. Then there are the red flags in the casting, the trailer, the interviews etc. Folk aren't willing to give the benefit of the doubt. I will reserve final judgement for when I have watched the show but as it stands, everything I have seen indicates it will be terrible, maybe mediocre at best.

The hate for this show is not unique, the lack of goodwil is. That was eroded by Disney themselves. Do not assume the audience are at fault or somehow bad people, it certainly isn't that.
I mean it’s fine to not be excited or interested in it, I’m not excited either, but the pure vitriol against this show and its cast is something else.

Most of the people condemning it before it’s released aren’t even gonna let themselves enjoy it even if it does turn out to he good, they’ve already made up their minds.

It’s either gotta be the best or the worst thing ever. No inbetween.

In fairness to the 'haters', Star Wars fans will savagely **** on anything that doesn't meet their expectations. Look at the grief Jake Lloyd and Ahmed Best received, even Hayden got abuse at the time. They're equal opportunities haters, but woe betide you being **** and not a white guy, then you're in serious trouble.

In fairness to the 'haters', Star Wars fans will savagely **** on anything that doesn't meet their expectations. Look at the grief Jake Lloyd and Ahmed Best received, even Hayden got abuse at the time. They're equal opportunities haters, but woe betide you being **** and not a white guy, then you're in serious trouble.
Yet I love Leia, Ahsoka, Hera, Mace and Lando!

You know why I find Lizzo in SW vile and reprehensible?

Because Lizzo was poorly integrated while the others were not.

You know what other character I find vile and reprehensible in SW?

Jack Black’s character, a WHITE MALE, go figure!

He was as poorly integrated as Lizzo was.

So poorly actually that fans only know them as Lizzo and Jack Black their real names and not their character names.

Same as Christopher Lloyd another white male that I hated in SW with his lame inclusion.

Can you please stop labeling me with those names if you knew me you would know that I don’t hate women or minorities and that I hold white male characters to the same standards as all characters introduced in movies and TV series.

Never go full KK!

Don’t make me whip out my Willrow Hood trading card lol

If the only thing that mattered to me was that I must have white males in my movies I would love those Terminator sequels after T2 lol

Last edited:
Yet I love Leia, Ahsoka, Hera, Mace and Lando!

You know why I find Lizzo in SW vile and reprehensible?

Because Lizzo was poorly integrated while the others were not.

You know what other character I find vile and reprehensible in SW?

Jack Black’s character, a WHITE MALE, go figure!

He was as poorly integrated as Lizzo was.

So poorly actually that fans only know them as Lizzo and Jack Black their real names and not their character names.

Same as Christopher Lloyd another white male that I hated in SW with his lame inclusion.

Can you please stop labeling me with those names if you knew me you would know that I don’t hate women or minorities and that I hold white male characters to the same standards as all characters introduced in movies and TV series.

Never go full KK!

Don’t make me whip out my Willrow Hood trading card lol

I agree that Lizzo was poorly integrated. It was pretty lame. But VILE and REPREHENSIBLE? This is a TV show, not a moral crusade. I think the Disney shows have been very bad aside from Mando s1 and Andor, but it’s this intensity of the hatred is what I find…..curious.

FWIW, I don’t think you personally are hating from a place of bigotry. But you did complain about unspecified “red flags in casting” and elsewhere we have a member going on about a “missing demographic”. It’s easy to misinterpret.

I agree that Lizzo was poorly integrated. It was pretty lame. But VILE and REPREHENSIBLE? This is a TV show, not a moral crusade. I think the Disney shows have been very bad aside from Mando s1 and Andor, but it’s this intensity of the hatred is what I find…..curious.

FWIW, I don’t think you personally are hating from a place of bigotry. But you did complain about unspecified “red flags in castin” and elsewhere we have a member going on about a “missing demographic”. It’s easy to misinterpret.
Well yes vile and reprehensible to what is being done to my beloved SW starting with the # 1 WHITE MALE himself George Lucas and his SE abominations!

From Vader screaming NOOO to idiot Acolyte actor proving he doesn’t belong in SW and I could give 2 craps what the color of his skin is it’s all freaking cringe.

Daphne is hot though especially with that super annoyed look lol

Oh and I will be watching Acolyte as soon as it premieres I give every SW a chance even when that fool KK labels me with bad names I still want to love SW.

Last edited:
I mean it’s fine to not be excited or interested in it, I’m not excited either, but the pure vitriol against this show and its cast is something else.

Most of the people condemning it before it’s released aren’t even gonna let themselves enjoy it even if it does turn out to he good, they’ve already made up their minds.

It’s either gotta be the best or the worst thing ever. No inbetween.

It's hard to give them a chance when we've been burnt us so many times now. Obi-Wan broke me on so many levels - not because of the cliched Disney response that anyone that dislikes their shows are ists or phobes - but because it was so poorly written and executed I felt like watching The Holiday Special to cleanse the pallet (I didn't, but you get my drift).

And stupidly, I've given everything else a go as well and it's just getting worse and worse.

Andor is the only thing of genuine quailty that has come from Disney SW. RO and Mandalorian 1 & 2 were good fun, but 3 was an embarrassment, and RO just doesn't grab me anymore. BOBF was a cringe fest. Obi-Wan was Benny Hill level stupidity. Ahsoka was a one dimensional, one beat, borefest that didn't make an ounce of sense.

So I think, like me, most people are just done. Like superhero's it's just oversaturated with average fodder.

(With their recent track record I'm even worried they're going to stuff up S2 of Andor :( )

It's hard to give them a chance when we've been burnt us so many times now.
Then don’t :dunno. Nobody is forced to engage with it.
So I think, like me, most people are just done. Like superhero's it's just oversaturated with average fodder.
Plenty of good superhero content outside of the MCU and DCEU right now (Invincible, The Boys, Umbrella Academy, X-Men 97).

I’ve stopped watching most MCU stuff. I haven’t seen Black Panther 2, The Marvels, Quantumania, Werewolf by Night and probably others I’m forgetting even exist. And I wont be watching them or Captain America, Agatha, Iron Heart, Thunderbolts, eyc.

After Deadpool there’s nothing on my radar.

I used to keep watching everything out of some sense of obligation, I stopped and I’m glad I did. You’d probably be a lot happier if you did the same.
(With their recent track record I'm even worried they're going to stuff up S2 of Andor :( )
Why? It’s the same people working on it as season 1.

Those are meaningless terms now, utterly destroyed by years of calling people those names simply for having different opinions.
I mean they're really not..? There are individuasls and groups in every fanbase that fall into those categories and do give that kind of abuse to people involved in projects.

You can have opinions, but when you start actually targeting the actors with personal comments about their identity then you start to fall into those categories.

You're allowed to think Rose Tico was a terribly written character, you're even allowed to think the actress did a poor job - but when you start actively harrassing her online that's a different story altogether. And if anyone thinks that things like this don't actually happen then that's just wilfull ignorance imo.

If you don't fall into any of those labels then you have nothing to worry about, so don't get offended over those that do being labelled as such and assuming that you are being marked as part of the problem. Pretty simple.

Back