Star Wars: The Acolyte

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Watched the trailer tonight.

If this is really awful I might like to Hate watch.

Otherwise I can’t believe how little I care about this series. It looks so meh. Doesn’t help that it’s about the most boring group in the galaxy, the Jedi.

Nothing about this show looks interesting. Take out the sabers and it’s barely recognizable as a SW show. Though I can see how some might like that it doesn’t.

I’ll wait for the Jye reviews and go from there. A hate watch can be fun but a boring, wtf do I care watch is one of the most frustrating things to me.

A Y-Tuber rightly pointed out that timeline-wise, these events take place ~100 years before Phantom Menace; so Yoda was alive and well. The implication is that the Jedi council were the biggest idiots ever, that they'd already forgotten this rising threat that happened not that long ago.

I always too that Palps had effectively, carefully, hid this very slow growing evil; which Darth Maul comments on in the Clone Wars, in the end. That's what made it so terrifying. An evil with a charming face (Palpatine). An animated series pays more careful attention to canon and common sense!

Then there's the lack of any white male children or like, white guys. It's ludicrous. Then there's the martial arts WTF and finally - well, here we go...evil Sith are kinda good guys:yuck, really, battling these oppressive colonist Jedi - when even Anakin points out the Jedi are "selfless, they only think of others".

The whole thing smacks of current politics and a rehash of Reva #2. :poop:

A Y-Tuber rightly pointed out that timeline-wise, these events take place ~100 years before Phantom Menace; so Yoda was alive and well. The implication is that the Jedi council were the biggest idiots ever, that they'd already forgotten this rising threat that happened not that long ago.

I always too that Palps had effectively, carefully, hid this very slow growing evil; which Darth Maul comments on in the Clone Wars, in the end. That's what made it so terrifying. An evil with a charming face (Palpatine). An animated series pays more careful attention to canon and common sense!

Then there's the lack of any white male children or like, white guys. It's ludicrous. Then there's the martial arts WTF and finally - well, here we go...evil Sith are kinda good guys:yuck, really, battling these oppressive colonist Jedi - when even Anakin points out the Jedi are "selfless, they only think of others".

The whole thing smacks of current politics and a rehash of Reva #2. :poop:
It is still too early to say (they will likely come up with some stupid contrived way to get around the "why didn't the jedi council remember they just dealt with Sith" thing) so I assume the show won't be as lore breaking as we fear but then again, it is Disney wars and led by a bunch of activist types so maybe it will be that dumb. I will wait to see if it truly is as bad as we fear. I cling to that small glimmer of hope that Star Wars will improve still. It is fading but it is there.

The poster already breaks lore with Lizard woman's purple lightsaber.

Unless it turns out that this is the exact saber that ends up in Mace Windu's possession and he uses it on Geonosis and to fight Sidious.

It's you describing and dismissing Lando, Mace, Saw, etc as tokens, not me.
Describing them as tokens yes, dismissing them NO - don't put words in my mouth. In my view Saw, Finn, Enfys Nest, etc., don't even belong in the discussion as they are recent enough to be considered part of "wave that is ushering in inclusion and safety for Black nerds" of which Stenberg spoke. When we are then left with Lando and Mace for the entirety of the OT and PT (not counting the voices of James Earl Jones & Ahmed Best), as great as BDW & SLJ were in the roles it still amounts to token/meager representation. Of course it's not as if SW was alone in this practice, it's just that the large time gaps between trilogies meant there was quite the wait before any progress could be shown on screen.

the roles it still amounts to token
... the large time gaps between trilogies meant there was quite the wait before any progress could be shown on screen.
For me Lando, was a major part of SW from the moment he showed up, and still was for all the time between films, and after. He is SW as much as Luke, Leia or Han, Yoda, etc....
He was never a token, and I will never see him that way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back