Star Wars Saga (OT/PT/ST) Discussion Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You say that like his ideas would have been any better?
I said absolutely nothing of the kind. I simply understand why he feels betrayed by her and Disney and found that super awkward group photo where it looks like he's literally trying to implode within himself so as to shrink away from the woman next to him to be highly amusing, lol.

I have zero love for the giant hot mess that is Kathleen Kennedy gutting the entire SW franchise before our eyes.

But I have to totally fair here - If Lucas wanted creative control, he shouldn't have sold the franchise away. He lost the right to be listened to as soon as he cashed that big check.

Stephen King has a different method. If he likes the director/show runner/concept for one of his short stories, he'll sell a single issue adaptation rights to the property for a single dollar.

It's unfortunate that Kylo Ren was woefully miscast. And that I felt Adam Driver was criminally misused. He's quite good at comedy and being sort of awkward but relatable. The films should play to the actors' actual strengths.

I still feel the Finn storyline was poorly executed. The reluctant Storm Trooper who wanted a better life than he had before and probably joined for basic reasons ( work, food, safety, to maybe help his family back on his planet) who saw his "ideals" die and then rebelled/had a crisis of conscience is really interesting. Just pairing Driver and Boyega and infusing Oscar Issac into that would have been a good story. With Driver as as type of levity/comedic relief.

That's the sad part. The raw pieces of a good Star Wars trilogy were literally right there. They could have formulated Daisy Ridley as Driver's sister and Finn's love interest. A Storm Trooper assassination team sent to kill Luke Skywalker, Han Solo and Leia.

I'm a little on/off about Taylor Sheridan ( Sicario/Yellowstone/Wind River) but I agree with his story telling technique. Hold some very simple plotlines and just give your characters room to grow. The new Trilogy was just way too plot intensive/plot complex to tell a functional story. Such a talented cast got wasted too.

Or, we could have went with Rey learning to use the Force and Finn's dawning knowledge that he too was Force-sensitive, and his struggles to master that with hey, really no training. Shades of Luke.

Instead we were all over the place. The instant sidelining/friendzoning of Finn was pretty insulting. Friendzoned and shouting REEEEEYYY every five minutes. Rey and Kylo should have been siblings or half-siblings. Kylo knowing she is his sister anyway and still trying to master that Sith desire to dominate her regardless. Rey and Finn are miles apart. What would happen if we had been able to see that this completely different guy was actually a better fit for her that Kylo? That would have really ticked Kylo off!! Its a Sith love triangle with a really problematic taboo vibe. That would have even been better than &^%#ing blue milk and lightsaber tossing. Although - I am sure - far too adult.

Poe Dameron? Irrelevant. This type of man is very annoying to many women. Dameron thinks he is THE S&&T. Is he? Mileage varies. Its very obvious he has a high opinion of himself and its a turn-off. One of TLJ's few highlights was Leia slapping him senseless. He never struck me as a potential good fit for Rey, he did not strike me as serious to begin with. Altho tbf if I were the actor and I found out the production team was going to actually make me say "Somehow, Palpatine returned" I legit would have lain down on the soundstage floor and did this:

tantrum.gif

Last edited:
Rey and Kylo should have been siblings or half-siblings. Kylo knowing she is his sister anyway and still trying to master that Sith desire to dominate her regardless.
That's a great idea. But I guess they figured SW has already done incest -- no wait -- it ryhmes! Like poetry!
I say that despite my dislike of - and this is a sensitive topic, sorry -
But ya went there anyway, Mod Bait. :LOL:
Oh look, actual footage of me back when I posted hot screeds against the ST.

His ideas would have been way better than the crap we got. The execution though probably would have been on par or worse if he made it the same way as the PT.

I dislike the PT due to the execution, however the actual overarching story is great. At least Lucas would have planned the trilogy out with a full storyline rather than winging it.

But ya went there anyway, Mod Bait. :LOL:

New title detected.

I am of the belief that you can say just about anything, just be respectful and adult about it. I probably should not have posted that really, in fact I will go back and amend. I just get tired sometimes of being relentlessly bashed over the head everywhere I look with a given concept: OKAY ENOUGH ALREADY and then annoyed/resentful sets in.

I could’ve swore Kenobi said:

“Rey the truth flows thru you as it always did me, Rise and seek the truth it will set you free as it did me.”
I thought Anakin said "Rise Rey, for the fans who hate you now will eventually come to love you just as they are doing for me."

Last edited:
I thought Anakin said "Rise Rey, for the fans who hate you now will eventually come to love you just as they are doing for me."

More likely I'll be killed by a meteor shower comprising of flaming alien, flying pigs. My only hope of survival will be to flee to hell which, simultaneously to the meteor shower of flaming pigs, will freeze over, than fans loving that awful character.

More likely I'll be killed by a meteor shower comprising of flaming alien, flying pigs. My only hope of survival will be to flee to hell which, simultaneously to the meteor shower of flaming pigs, will freeze over, than fans loving that awful character.
So in other words exactly what people said about Anakin 20 years ago, lol.

Back