Star Wars Rebels Coming Fall 2014

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They'll end up beating the time travel gimmick to death like Star Trek did.
I will say Filoni and crew have done a much better job expanding the StarWars universe than the recent live action films have.
They don't seem to be under the same SJWs quota that the movies have suffered under.

One thing I learned from watching the latest Rebels Recon was that the Mortis Ghosts (the Father, the Daughter, and the Son) were a creation of George Lucas. That was one of the best bits of new lore which Clone Wars and (now) Rebels has expanded upon.

They'll end up beating the time travel gimmick to death like Star Trek did.
I will say Filoni and crew have done a much better job expanding the StarWars universe than the recent live action films have.
They don't seem to be under the same SJWs quota that the movies have suffered under.

Agreed. I only DVR Rebels to see Thrawn and other Legends stuff like the Tie Defenders. Still don't care for the characters nor the story lines. Filoni did say that an announcement for the new animated series is coming soon. IMO if Lucasfilm is smart, which they are not, they would do a Luke Skywalker post-ROTJ adventures show.

The new episodes have been great so far and I love that they are using the Mortis Ghosts. Can't wait to see the final and the fate of Ezra and possibly Ashoka.

I just spent all day marathoning Season 4. I just knew I wouldn't be able to hold out episode to episode, so I told my self that I'd wait until the eve of the series finale to watch the full season.

And holy ****.

This has given me some of the best moments in Star Wars. How a show created for children can better expand the universe of Star Wars of hundred million dollar films is absolutely crazy to me.

The last episode before the finale alone....is probably my favorite Star Wars moment ever. How everything was connected. How we heard everyone...from Qui-gon to Obi-wan, to Rey and Kylo, Jyn and Chirrut, Ahsoka, Poe, and....I just can't even.

The finale is going to be bitter sweet to me. I'm so happy that Dave will end this the way he always wanted to, but I'm also so sad that we've reached the end.

This series is the stuff that will always keep me a Star Wars fan. Not the new films. But these amazing stories from people who truly understand the Star Wars universe and know how to expand it well.

It's been 15 years since I felt like this. Not since when Knights of the Old Republic released back in 2003 have I been happy with a Star Wars story & expansion of the universe. I can't wait to see how it will all end and I can't wait to see what Dave will do next.

I just spent all day marathoning Season 4. I just knew I wouldn't be able to hold out episode to episode, so I told my self that I'd wait until the eve of the series finale to watch the full season.

And holy ****.

This has given me some of the best moments in Star Wars. How a show created for children can better expand the universe of Star Wars of hundred million dollar films is absolutely crazy to me.

The last episode before the finale alone....is probably my favorite Star Wars moment ever. How everything was connected. How we heard everyone...from Qui-gon to Obi-wan, to Rey and Kylo, Jyn and Chirrut, Ahsoka, Poe, and....I just can't even.

The finale is going to be bitter sweet to me. I'm so happy that Dave will end this the way he always wanted to, but I'm also so sad that we've reached the end.

This series is the stuff that will always keep me a Star Wars fan. Not the new films. But these amazing stories from people who truly understand the Star Wars universe and know how to expand it well.

It's been 15 years since I felt like this. Not since when Knights of the Old Republic released back in 2003 have I been happy with a Star Wars story & expansion of the universe. I can't wait to see how it will all end and I can't wait to see what Dave will do next.

Yeah, I think no matter what happens, we can assume that Disney will want to keep Dave Filoni on board for their future animated Star Wars shows for as long as he wants to be. His work on both The Clone Wars and Rebels has been fantastic, and even though he didn’t really get to give The Clone Wars a proper send off, he’s managed to maintain a continuity between it and Rebels, and I suspect that will continue in whatever the next show is.

Well...it's finally over. What an incredible finale!!! I was so worried on how this show could end considering what time period it was in, but damn...Filoni has created the perfect ending.

Set's up perfectly for a sequel. The last few minutes show a time skip, but I won't spoil how far they go or anything not in the spoiler section.

Spoiler alert!!!

Spoiler Spoiler:

So is it safe to say ....
Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Totally. It’s one of the most harmless ret-con’s ever but some people are so angry about it for some reason.

Personally, I was sold on the idea when Filoni mentioned it a couple years ago and I’m totally happy. Does this mean Sideshow can re-release the Nik Sant figure with an updated sculpt and Rebels Rex helmet EX?:lol

So guys I remember when Clone Wars ended we had been compiling a list of the best arcs and the must-watch episodes while getting rid of the filler and kiddy stuff.
Have we tried such a list for Rebels?

The finale was okay for me. I didn't like how incompetent they depicted the Empire, especially the Stormtroopers, and how only one Rebel died but apparently dozens and dozens of Imperials. Too much plot armor for the heroes imo.

I’d pay too see a live action film of Ahsoka and sabine searching for Ezra beyond the outer rim in the unknown regions. Should be right up Disney’s alley too, it’s would feature two badass female heroes (who aren’t Mary Sues) who are on a mission to save a man lol. They could fight many battles along the way, a lot of room for story telling without interfering with the current sequel trilogy. They could also be the ones that uncover snokes identity or use some screen time to tell his backstory since he was from the unknown regions which also happens to be where he started forming the first order. Not only that but thrawns home world is also in the outer rim and since he survived it’s possible to have him be one of the main villains in the movie.. Thrawn would be great with out being constrained by the Disney channel cartoon rating.. dude is truely ruthless

Who would you cast as sabine, ahsoka, Ezra and thrawn in a live action movie??

Some additional thoughts

The episode a world between worlds was utterly fantastic, however I highly doubt they would have introduced something as big as time travel into Star Wars if they did not intend to ever use it again. Just think the whole events of the last jedi can be easily wiped away, just as easy as Ezra saved ahsoka from her fate at the hands of her old master. Lol that would be the ultimate **** you back from JJ to Rian..completely erase all that **** from Star Wars history and Star Wars lore. Ezra literally rewrote ahsoka history in Star Wars. Ezra being alive is key to my belief that we will see the world between world again either in live action or another animated series-since he is the only one that can open the door. The temple on Lothal wasn’t fully destroyed as you saw, the pieces thrawn had in the ship were excavated from the ground before they rushed off to bomb the city.. most of it sank into the ground so a lot of it is still there. All he needs to open the portal is just a slab of it, like in the scene where the emperor tried to work his Anakin magic on Ezra.. but Ezra resisted that **** saw through His ******** a
And then played the player..something little chosen one ani failed to do.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=eyymBDBOcr0

Last edited:
I've not seen the finale yet but my overall view has to be that Rebels was so far ahead of the ST has so far churned out.

Back