Star Wars On Blu-Ray

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Normally I am very against movie piracy. But I might turn a blind eye in this case.

Still, I'm not even interested in seeing these anymore. Not even in any hurry to watch the infamous OT Deleted Scenes (which I've wanted to see for 20 years).

Lucas has done an amazing job of instilling apathy in me now. For you pollyannas out there, this is actually worse than being a "hater"... because at least the haters can still have passion about it. I've had the passion for SW burned and beaten out of me by now.

:goodpost: Couldn't agree more.

The nooooo to me is every bit as bad as adding Dark Helmet to the scene. He could look at the Emperor and say "Com on man! Dats my son! My son!" :rotfl

Seriously what is his obsession with NOOOOOOOOOOOOO?

Last edited:
if everyone who has signed the petition doesn't buy these, Lucas will lose approximately half a million dollars. Really a drop in the bucket for him, but could still send a message.

if everyone who has signed the petition doesn't buy these, Lucas will lose approximately half a million dollars. Really a drop in the bucket for him, but could still send a message.

Like you said, half a million dollars for Lucas is probably toilet paper. :lol

I genuinely think he has lost it so badly, and is so insulated from outside reaction from his team of sycophants, than nothing will ever change his course of action.

The best we can hope for is that in a year or so, when Lucas' bank account drops below "infinity", that he'll want a cash influx and re-release these with the non-special OT.

I'll admit that if Han shot first in this release that I would've purchased the entire box set, even with the blinking Obi-Wan.

Han will always remain my deciding factor.

I'll admit that if Han shot first in this release that I would've purchased the entire box set, even with the blinking Obi-Wan.

Han will always remain my deciding factor.

I think Jedi Rocks trumps it for me.

You can just close your eyes for a second and ignore Greedo shooting first, but there's no easy way to ignore that terrible Muppet wannabe number...

You can just close your eyes for a second and ignore Greedo shooting first, but there's no easy way to ignore that terrible Muppet wannabe number...

But those muppets had none of their character arcs destroyed by the changes, it's just a musical number.

So it's the opposite for me, I can handle a silly musical number change with the non pertinent characters, what I can't handle is having one of the main characters in the saga having his story arc messed with. :lecture

Last edited:

I have to agree... while Jedi Rocks does not destroy character development as much as Greedo shooting first; or ruin one of the best scenes of the OT like Vader's Nooo. Jedi Rocks is long, painfully bad and something that you cannot ignore, blink and miss or plug your ears to.

For me it is just a glaring piece of shat that I absolutely hate. Although at the end of the day its just one more awful decision that is ruining a great set of movies.

I have to agree... while Jedi Rocks does not destroy character development as much as Greedo shooting first; or ruin one of the best scenes of the OT like Vader's Nooo. Jedi Rocks is long, painfully bad and something that you cannot ignore, blink and miss or plug your ears to.

For me it is just a glaring piece of shat that I absolutely hate. Although at the end of the day its just one more awful decision that is ruining a great set of movies.

But the musical # you can forget about once it's done, but everytime Han is on the screen you're reminded of that horrendous change!

The musical #, while crappy, really only replaced a semi crappy one to begin with.

Really.....you choose the musical # over Han as what you would pick as the # 1 change you would like to see :horror

The musical # wouldn't even be # 2 for me:

1. Han shoots first again (Greedo just doesn't shoot, period!)
2. GL never created the PT :lol

That's my 2!

Why didn't Lucas just change the arc at the end...make Vader's NOOOOOOOOOO attempt fail as he force struggles with the Emperor and falls over and down the shaft himself, the Emperor finishes off Luke and the tie fighters finish off the rebels and the Empire wins.

change-is-bad-300x222.gif

But the musical # you can forget about once it's done, but everytime Han is on the screen you're reminded of that horrendous change!

The musical #, while crappy, really only replaced a semi crappy one to begin with.

Really.....you choose the musical # over Han as what you would pick as the # 1 change you would like to see :horror

The musical # wouldn't even be # 2 for me:

1. Han shoots first again (Greedo just doesn't shoot, period!)
2. GL never created the PT :lol

That's my 2!

Now let's back it up there tiger... I never said that was the #1 thing I'd change; just that it is the most annoying and bothersome one due to how royally it sucks, how "in your face" it is and that it seems to go on forever.

But in terms of changes that need to be undone I'd put them in this order:
1) Vader's Noooo- just ruins a great scene and the emotional climax of the entire series (both PT and OT).
2) Greedo shooting first- Han needs to be cool again, his story arc is definitely messed-up by this.
3) Remove Hayden-Ghost- I hate seeing this ********* in a good movie... he needs to go!
4) Jedi Rocks- This scene just sucks all around and needs to be restored to the original which is not the greatest song ever, but is short and fits well with the rest of the movie.
5) Kenobi's Krayt Dragon call- Sounds awful and needs to go, but I can tune it out if I had to.
6) Lots of miscleneous ones like blinking Ewoks, Dugs in Jabba's palace, etc.

Now let's back it up there tiger... I never said that was the #1 thing I'd change; just that it is the most annoying and bothersome one due to how royally it sucks, how "in your face" it is and that it seems to go on forever.

But in terms of changes that need to be undone I'd put them in this order:
1) Vader's Noooo- just ruins a great scene and the emotional climax of the entire series (both PT and OT).
2) Greedo shooting first- Han needs to be cool again, his story arc is definitely messed-up by this.
3) Remove Hayden-Ghost- I hate seeing this ********* in a good movie... he needs to go!
4) Jedi Rocks- This scene just sucks all around and needs to be restored to the original which is not the greatest song ever, but is short and fits well with the rest of the movie.
5) Kenobi's Krayt Dragon call- Sounds awful and needs to go, but I can tune it out if I had to.
6) Lots of miscleneous ones like blinking Ewoks, Dugs in Jabba's palace, etc.

Who are you, Mary Jane :lol

That's a list I can agree with now that the climax has been changed. :clap:hi5::clap

Who are you, Mary Jane :lol

That's a list I can agree with now that the climax has been changed. :clap:hi5::clap

That's funny, I've been saying that for years with no connection to Mary Jane :lol But sure, why not :wave

But, now at least you see where I'm coming from. Jedi Rocks does a great job of summing up for me all that is wrong with the SE and PT; but its inclusion while the most annoying for me is not at the top of my "must fix now" list :lol

Back