Star Wars On Blu-Ray

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Man, as much as I wanted the original trilogy on blu ray, there comes a time where the son has to face the dad and say, '____ YOU!!!!!'

I shall not be buying any of these movies on blue

You know, These promos for Star Wars On Blu-Ray are a joke! I cannot even get the Best Buy Star Wars Film Cell where I live without driving an hour away or more!:mad:

And here's the thing... I CANNOT DRIVE!:mad:

Best Buy YOU SUCK!:mad: I'll order with Amazon.

Nick

Last edited:
You know, These promos for Star Wars On Blu-Ray are a joke! I cannot even get the Best Buy Star Wars Film Cell where I live without driving an hour away or more!:mad:

And here's the thing... I CANNOT DRIVE!:mad:

Best Buy YOU SUCK!:mad: I'll order with Amazon.

Nick

The cell is not available anywhere for pickup from what I have seen. Order the bluray for pickup and the cell for delivery.

I got a chuckle out the Amazon ranking for this being at 2 stars.

Lucas is like the emperor...if he does not relinquish his powers..then he must be forcefully removed... Someone take out this turkey necked mofo before he turns the entire trilogies into complete trash.. If he is taking such liberties with these films..how about editing Jar Jar out? Next year Han and Luke will subdue a pack of stormtroopers with Care Bear stares...big rainbows shooting out of their chests and flowers and butterflies growing on the troops.

Does anyone know what the Limited Comic Con Lithographs from FOX CONNECT look like?

Nick

This was it...

litho_image.jpg

I've only skipped through this thread, so apologies f this has already been talked about. I came across this in a news article today:

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an exercise of power are barbarians, and if the laws of the United States continue to condone this behavior, history will surely classify us as a barbaric society." GL 1988

George Lucas = #1 Barbarian :lol

Read more

Thanks for the link. I'm sure Lucas meant to begin that sentence, "Except for me, people who alter..."

I just watched the ROTJ blu ray and can confirm 100% the changes are all real.
Jabba's palace door - looks terrible.
The carbonate glow - covers up what I always thought was a bad effect (but doesn't make any sense)
The dug - looks okay and it isn't Sebulba.
The Ewoks blinking - this one is SO inconsistent it's not funny. They only do it here and there, not with every Ewok. It looks okay but feels pointless as it hasn't been done to all of them.
And of course....
NNNOOOOOO - this is an absolute abortion. Honestly, I could live with the first "NO" but the second elongated piece of stupidity is so out of place.

Of course the effects, matt boxes, etc have been cleaned up and the colour is better (Luke's saber, in the Jabba fight is almost luminescent, it that bright).

And yeah, the Salacc is still as is. Sebastion Shaw is still there. The retarded you Anakin is still there and still looking in the wrong direction.

FIrst off, I have put my foot down, with the added "NOOO" Im not buying the Blu Rays at all. But I have seen people here and have friends who claim they hate it but say something stupid like "Well its Star Wars, Im gonna buy it"

You do realize that does nothing but reinforce his ego that what he's doing to these movies is okay, right?
You cannot support Lucas with your dollars and then say "Why does he keep doing this to us!!??"

Lucas is like the emperor...if he does not relinquish his powers..then he must be forcefully removed... Someone take out this turkey necked mofo before he turns the entire trilogies into complete trash.. If he is taking such liberties with these films..how about editing Jar Jar out? Next year Han and Luke will subdue a pack of stormtroopers with Care Bear stares...big rainbows shooting out of their chests and flowers and butterflies growing on the troops.

Are you kidding? In GL's mind Jar Jar is genius :lol

FIrst off, I have put my foot down, with the added "NOOO" Im not buying the Blu Rays at all. But I have seen people here and have friends who claim they hate it but say something stupid like "Well its Star Wars, Im gonna buy it"

You do realize that does nothing but reinforce his ego that what he's doing to these movies is okay, right?
You cannot support Lucas with your dollars and then say "Why does he keep doing this to us!!??"

I agree with you, Corrose. I have the theatrical cuts on DVD and that's good enough for me. Those are the films I grew up with and they're the only versions I wish to watch repeatedly.
I don't care that the picture isn't hi-def or that the sound is only 2.0 stereo. And I don't care that some of the special effects are somewhat outdated, either. I simply don't need or want the blu-rays and, like most of you, I just wish that George would leave the OT alone.

Back