Star Wars Live Action and Clone Wars TV shows

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Since they essenitally rebooted the underwater battles between the Mon Calamari and Squid Heads I wonder if the current show will show a reimagined capture of Palpatine to close out the series.

It's very evident that both Yoda and Mace have serious reservations about this aspect of the plan. I was surprised to learn that Obi Wan was the one who insisted on keeping Anakin in the dark. I think Mace's take on it was something like "What's done is done." In Anakin's situation, I'm certain Obi Wan would be able to balance his personal feelings with the good of a mission, even after the fact. I fear Obi Wan may be making the crucial mistake of failing to recognize that Anakin is a faaaar different kind of Jedi...

More rude than allowing him to sit on the Jedi Council but only in the corner wearing a dunce cap? :D

It certainly hearkens back (forward) to the whole RotS part when Anakin wails on Obi-Wan and PAdme for betraying him.

I thought Asoka was pretty mixed about Anakin brash reactions. It seems to bother her but at the same time she is his Padawan and they take after their master so she is more brash than most.

One thing I found interesting is that Anakin doesn't feel the death of Obi-Wan and he doesn't seem to realize this as odd.
When someone's master dies the padawan feels it. Obi-Wan with Qui-Gon, Satele Shan and her master, Yoda and all the younglings....
Maybe Anakin is starting to mold the Force for himself and as a result he is closing the natural feelings he would feel otherwise?

I hate to say it but the more I reacquaint myself with all the brilliance of the original OT and all the mystique and coolness of Boba Fett (at least in TESB) the more I'm coming to disdain his portrayal in TCW. He kind of reminds me of the whiny kid with the glasses in The Polar Express.

:lol

Well I don't imagine I'll be barbecuing any blu-rays anytime soon but I've definitely danced around with an "if you can't beat 'em, join 'em" attitude since the SE's just to keep my sanity.

But I don't have to anymore. We finally beat 'em! :yess:

I am with you Khev..I am not a fan of baby Boba...I prefer the what lurks behind the helmet feel of the OT when it comes to him

I'm actually very sick of the whiny Baby Boba. It's like they are trying to Jake Lloyd him for the sake of it. While I get that in one aspect that's how a kid of his age might act, I would imagine that being around so many Bounty Hunters would cause him to mature faster and damn it get him off to the Mandos so they can insert a couple of brass ones in there.

(Just my opinion, again my Opinion.)
TCW? Give me the Mini Series and Republic comics anyday. I remember back in 09' reading a article in Star Wars Insider that "Filoni" and his team were trying to make TCW colab in the previous Clone War storys. Now he says the original are canon and his show is Star Wars history. Of course I say "_____* that!", I grew up with the original mysterious Clone War storys. Filoni's interpretation is just :cuckoo:. The whole Anakin's Padawan, Phase 1 clones in customized armor, and cutesy kiddy stuff, even the battle droids are just plain lame. To explain my reasons:

Ahsoka Tano-Okay so where was she mentioned in ROTS? Plus, in the Mini Series (Again considered canon now) Anakin wasn't knighted till Clones were in Phase II. And since Clones in TCW are in 1; well you get my point.

Clone Armor-Where the H*** did color-coded rank go? Clones had a sense of order in ranks by the color of their armor. Now don't get me wrong, I like the customized designs; but that should have came when Phase 2 came out. In Republic comics (Again Canon now) Commander Bly was in Commander Ranked Armor like AOTC Commanders; except he was in Phase 2. Till ROTS concepts came out.

Cutesy Kiddy Stuff-Funny Battle Droids, In TCW [The Movie] a OOM-9 Droid reported a position number. Now a B1 mumbled the number, then said, "What?". First off Clones may be superior than Droids, but Droids know simple math. Then in the series you see them screw up or start yelling like school girls. I find this terribly frustrating, since they kill. Plus I find it even more frustrating that the TCW makes the Republic seem invincible. Sure some people die, but seriously in War there are many casualties. And to say that a Clone is equal to 10 droids is a very discriminative. Plus where is the blood, the gore, I got cut in half by that sonofab****!

There's a lot I could write about that's wrong. Though I know it'll never change a thing or make the show never be viewed back in 08'. But oh, well. Like I said my opinion, hopefully some of you can stomach it or even like it.

And yes, Boba in the series is a disgrace!

Orangepeace, you mention the Republic comics as canon, but they are C-Canon, which is third tier...TCW is T-Canon, which is second tier.

I agree, Boba seems more like the BHs are keeping him around in respect to his father and that degrades him, especially if he is still running in the same crew with Bossk come ESB

Wait, there's a grading for canon now?

Seriously there is canon and non canon why break it up into 5 levels :cuckoo:. They have created a monster that somebody needs to get grip. So does that mean Chewbacca is not dead? :D

The canon level is for licensing and licensed products such boosk and RPG.

Lucas doesn't follow it.

the point of the levels is to make it clear what is 'canon' in the case of contradictions, aside from contradictions its all considered part of the same overall canon.

Disputing sources are hell, so canon levels really are useful. Although it would be nice if we didn't have to change the story so often it was a problem.

Canon levels? :lol I've never heard anything so ludicrous. In fiction pieces what is canon is is simply what is considered "official" in a fictional universe's fan base. Either it is or it isn't. Levels of what can be considered acceptable or canon to the actual storyline is the silliest thing I've heard about Star Wars yet.

The 1978 Holiday Special is canon. Sorry, it is, technically, no matter what Lucas says, it happened, its out there.

Levels? I agree, that's silly, just fanboy justification.

Everyone knows that true canon is simply the the original OT. All the rest is pretend. :D

Back