Star Wars Live Action and Clone Wars TV shows

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Star Wars: The Clone Wars (SPOILERS)

I don't think Ahsoka's life on the show is necessarily safe. After all, the death of Darth Maul hasn't hurt his popularity with fans, or even Ray Park's at convention appearances.
Apples and oranges. Darth Maul's lifespan was within a single film. And, he wasn't singularly responsible for roping in a generation of 5-13 year old girls as SW fans. In fact, that's never happened before until CW and Ahsoka.

Also, Lucas was once worried about the psychological effect the "I am your father" line would have on young boys. That plus the popularity of Ahsoka (and the character's lifeline to a demographic Lucasfilm had never really had before) all but assures she won't be killed off on the show. Not gonna happen.

I just saw a trailer for season 3 on youtube, and lo and behold, there's a brief, low-lighting shot of Delta Squad (the Republic Commandos) in the back of a ship.

Did anyone else notice that?

The CW has pissed all over SW so far... Half of me likes the idea of RC's showing up in the CW, the other half is very afraid of the show ruining the Commandos like many other things... After what happened to the Mandalorians on the show, it doesn't bode well...

And the thing with Maul's brother, wow. Just wow. It's not like there's just one of em either, it shows like 5 with the same tatoos... If the CW didn't piss all over everything so much, it might actually be enjoyable for us adults too.

EDIT:

here's the video, look at 2:05
<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/0i8MC_KPE4c?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/0i8MC_KPE4c?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>
here's a screen grab

cwcommandos.jpg

Last edited:

As was said earlier in this thread, this would have been the perfect opportunity to introduce Cyborg Maul. :gah:

i thought he was of the same kind of species..the Zabrak.
Maybe they are brothers only in that sense of the word?
he looks massive though-let us hope Savaage is put to good use....."here lil Ashoka,where are you???"

;)

my guess / bet / hope is that the word "brother" is not literal as in Beaver and Wally, but referring more to species.

my guess / bet / hope is that the word "brother" is not literal as in Beaver and Wally, but referring more to species.

Could be like warrior brothers, like the clones consider themselves to be, maybe they fought alongside Maul in some battle we didn't see...

Or maybe they're a brotherhood of Maul worshippers...either way, I really don't mind that they look sort of similar, Sith tattoos do look quite alike, even on non-Sith...

Correct. Fridays at 9:00 PM Eastern.

Awesome. Judging by the titles of the first 2 episodes, I can already tell that they're gonna kick some major ass:rock can't wait to find out this ARC Trooper's name and/or SS to make one, but I'm getting ahead of myself:lol
home_wallpaper3.jpg

with this new season having Republic Commandos and Arc Troopers, is it possible that Sideshjow might continue their cartoon line like the General Obi in armor?

Back