Star Wars: Episode IX - THE RISE OF SKYWALKER

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is that a battle droid back there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This certainly is (on the right side of the image):

TROS Battle Droid.jpg

According to the plot leaks, this scene takes place in . . .

Spoiler Spoiler:

This certainly is (on the right side of the image):

View attachment 468964

According to the plot leaks, this scene takes place in . . .

Spoiler Spoiler:

While I appreciate the follow up I can?t see anything back there in the right even with the arrow lol

It has finally happened.
My Star Wars heart is dead. I never thought I would watch a Star Wars trailer and feel absolutely no excitement.

At least the visuals look good.
One thing we can be thankful to Disney for: they reminded everyone just how brilliant Lucas actually is :lol

I'm a bit worried now, because I was hoping for a decent sic-fi/fantasy action flick, but it seems like it will be full of unwarranted "emotional" moments that will drag the whole thing down...

Anyway, the shot of Rey and Kylo destroying Vader's shrine is a bit odd, it does look like they did it intentionally. And there really isn't much of Lando, is there?

This movie is looking more and more like a walk through memory lane.

I still wouldn't put it passed Disney to have portals open up and Dr Strange and the Guardians crew come dashing to the rescue.

I'm not as excited as I normally would be, but that's entirely due to the bad taste that TLJ left. I will of course watch this and hope for the best. I'm hoping that this trilogy will go out with a bang, it needs to really.

If I were Disney, I'd sit back and take a breather after this. Get rid of KK first of all, I'm sure she has the best intentions but her vision of Star Wars isn't gelling well with the wider audience. Get all of the best writers and thinkers in the business into a big room and really plan out every aspect of the next trilogy rather than just letting different directors do their own thing for each movie. Take their time and make it infinitely better than this so so trilogy. I mostly enjoyed the spin off movies, even Solo, but the main trilogy hasn't been great on reflection (maybe this one will be)

I'm not as excited as I normally would be, but that's entirely due to the bad taste that TLJ left. I will of course watch this and hope for the best. I'm hoping that this trilogy will go out with a bang, it needs to really.

If I were Disney, I'd sit back and take a breather after this. Get rid of KK first of all, I'm sure she has the best intentions but her vision of Star Wars isn't gelling well with the wider audience. Get all of the best writers and thinkers in the business intro a big room and really plan out every aspect of the next trilogy rather than just letting different directors do their own thing for each movie. Take their time and make it infinitely better than this so so trilogy. I mostly enjoyed the spin off movies, even Solo, but the main trilogy hasn't been great on reflection (maybe this one will be)

Great post.

It's just too bad that all of Disney's worst decisions were specifically tied to the movies featuring Luke, Leia, and Han. Sure it'll be nice if they learn their lesson but it's not like it means we can ever see the main OT heroes reunited as a result.

The Emperor vs. Rey is just stupid....Rey will finish what a man couldn't do. I am sure that theme is in there somewhere in this slop fest.

The Emperor vs. Rey is just stupid....Rey will finish what a man couldn't do. I am sure that theme is in there somewhere in this slop fest.

The emperor was defeated before. Nothing to stop him coming back again even if Rey does better him. It might be Kylo yet anyway, or even Luke somehow. Or maybe all our expectations will be subverted and the Emperor will win.... Setting up the next trilogy nicely.

Gender isn't the issue, Rey's unbelievable as our main hero as she's never really struggled with anything. I'd like to see her on the back foot in this final movie.

Gender isn't the issue, Rey's unbelievable as our main hero as she's never really struggled with anything. I'd like to see her on the back foot in this final movie.

Sure it is...the FORCE is female :cuckoo:

Emperor should mop the floor with her, but she's a woman...SJW's can't have that

It's just too bad that all of Disney's worst decisions were specifically tied to the movies featuring Luke, Leia, and Han. Sure it'll be nice if they learn their lesson but it's not like it means we can ever see the main OT heroes reunited as a result.

This is the tragedy of it all. Even if they right the ship, in a lot of ways the ship has sailed.

I don't have as much issues with the particulars, the problem I have with the stories overall is that there's no point to it, it's literally just bringing back the Empire and Palpatine and then defeating them.

It's one of the problems that the EU books struggled with--there's always another villain and the good guys will always will defeat them, rinse and repeat. They needed to have a plot that had to try and show why this story overall was important, like why tell this story?
I wanted to see where things were going to go, but things didn't go anywhere.

The movie I'm sure will be entertaining enough, but it just isn't significant if all these movies have been is just defeat a bad guy.

Back