Star Wars: Episode IX - THE RISE OF SKYWALKER

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The international trailer has a slightly extended C-3PO scene.

It goes:

C-3PO: "I just want to take one last look at my friends..."

Finn: "Aw thanks man. I never knew you felt that way considering we only just--"

C-3PO: "--IN MY MIND. Who are you again?"

It goes:

Finn: "Aw thanks man. I never knew you felt that way considering we only just--"

JJ knows nothing of true emotion. This is the man who had Chewbacca just walk right by Leia after Han died.

It goes:

EP X : the rise of evil 3PO

Everything in the trailer looks really well-lit and like ... well, a bunch of sets. I mean, worse than later-day Spielberg.

One of the things I love about Rogue One is that I never got that feeling. Everything felt grounded where it was, not staged for a shot.

JJ knows nothing of true emotion. This is the man who had Chewbacca just walk right by Leia after Han died.

I fear that this film will have a lot of unearned moments where classic characters react to the new characters the way that Disney *wants* us to react to them. So C-3PO will get emotional and sentimental about the new gang, Palpatine will declare Rey as his greatest foe yet, Lando will concede that Poe is the best pilot he's ever seen, etc.

I don't want to be pessimistic but I'd be lying if I said those feelings weren't there.

I dunno much about swordfighting - 'high ground' and whatnot - but I'm pretty sure Kylo's head is about to be departing his body right here

star-wars-the-rise-of-skywalker-final-poster.jpg

How can he defend if she decides to take a swing in this moment?

Everything in the trailer looks really well-lit and like ... well, a bunch of sets. I mean, worse than later-day Spielberg.

One of the things I love about Rogue One is that I never got that feeling. Everything felt grounded where it was, not staged for a shot.

If you think about it...RO had the luxury of coming up with whatever they wanted to do because these characters never existed before in SW lore.

If you think about it...RO had the luxury of coming up with whatever they wanted to do because these characters never existed before in SW lore.

I've thought about it. But same for these new characters in the Disney ST lore.

They just did good things with hollow characters in RO... whereas they didn't do anything with the hollow characters in the ST.

That still doesn't fix the PT.

It would have to be Padawan Obi-Wan getting nudged awake by Qui-Gon before they head into their trade dispute meeting.

Luke dreamed Old Ben and his father were Jedi.

The more I see of this, the more apparent how badly they're screwing the conclusion of the original trilogy. That F'n no-talent JJ Abrams just keeps getting franchises to destroy.

He's working on Superman next.

I dunno much about swordfighting - 'high ground' and whatnot - but I'm pretty sure Kylo's head is about to be departing his body right here

View attachment 468947

How can he defend if she decides to take a swing in this moment?

He knows he's safe since Jedi are trained to keep their sabers as far away from their opponents as possible. Otherwise someone might get hurt.

latest

I've thought about it. But same for these new characters in the Disney ST lore.

They just did good things with hollow characters in RO... whereas they didn't do anything with the hollow characters in the ST.

True, but the difference is RO ended with everyone disappearing from death with no mention of them ever again

the Disney Era of SW..I’m sure we will see them again :dunno

Can?t wait for the sonic trailer to drop so that it?ll beat the view count for this trailer again lmao

He knows he's safe since Jedi are trained to keep their sabers as far away from their opponents as possible. Otherwise someone might get hurt.

latest

Was Kylo ever made a Jedi though..remember Snoke needed to complete the training and Luke never finished training a rogue Ben Solo

Don’t get me started that Rey isn’t even a Jedi :lecture

"Nobody knows me" - because you haven't had any character development.

Rey and Kylo having a lightsaber battle... why bother, she's whipped him ever time?

A whole bunch of vapid nothingness in that trailer.

"Nobody knows me" - because you haven't had any character development.

Rey and Kylo having a lightsaber battle... why bother, she's whipped him ever time?

A whole bunch of vapid nothingness in that trailer.

Pretty much the trailer relayed the message “ You want to see more...go see the movie naysayers “

Back