Star Wars: Episode IX - THE RISE OF SKYWALKER

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Star Wars: Episode IX - December 20, 2019

3. The characters getting shot at on a speeder looked very much OT

The skiff-like vehicle the heroes are racing on - looked very SW old-school - very cool

Hell yeah so old school! Reminded me of this:

speeder1.jpg

tumblr_p02z2sJlGf1wzvt9qo1_500.gif

tumblr_p02z2sJlGf1wzvt9qo4_500.gif

I think it was indeed a good idea to 'spoil' that Palpatine is back. Before, I had next to zero excitement whereas now I'm at least curious.

I don't know really know what they're thinking with that title though. A character name has never been in the saga movie titles before so it doesn't really work that way. Also, how many rises of Skywalkers have we seen by now? Why is it suddenly worthy of being the title? Ehhhh...:dunno

Yeah that’s insane we might end up with the original 7-8-9 albeit once again condensed into a single movie although seeing Palpatine’s machinations will be fun.

I'll take it! :yess: And if they nail a plausible explanation on how Palpatine has been behind everything (hell it explains why we have Stormtroopers and Star Destroyers again right there) then I'll allow the ST to be the closest we'll ever get to George's original 7-9.

I think it was indeed a good idea to 'spoil' that Palpatine is back. Before, I had next to zero excitement whereas now I'm at least curious.

I don't know really know what they're thinking with that title though. A character name has never been in the saga movie titles before so it doesn't really work that way. Also, how many rises of Skywalkers have we seen by now? Why is it suddenly worthy of being the title? Ehhhh...:dunno

I concur on the title. Might even have to wait until I see how it fits with the film itself before I decide if I "like" it or not. ROTS, ROTJ, Rise of Skywalker. I guess they thought they needed another "R" to properly cap the trilogy, lol.

So here are a few ideas.....

Palpatine, or his clone, was using Kylo via Snoke (his undead puppet). Palps survived, using the Plaguise trick (which he actually did know all along, having a backup clone body ready from this Kamino folks.

He has been waiting for a new apprentice to leech power from, and has been doing it via Kylo from some time, possessing his thoughts and feelings.

Rey is a Skywalker, but perhaps not Luke, perhaps from Leia, who may have had another child with someone besides Han. Whom she hid away to shield her from what happened to Kylo, maybe with Lukes help.

Now , Palpatine is back to take over and bring rise to the Empire. (Or to take revenge on the Skywalkers). The only way to free Kylo from Palpatine and beat hom is to have Kylo and Rey fight him together.

Kylo will die in the fight.

I also predict a HUGE Luke confessional scenes ala Ben in ROTJ.

Sent from the inside of a giant slug in outer space.....

Palpatine, or his clone, was using Kylo via Snoke (his undead puppet). Palps survived, using the Plaguise trick (which he actually did know all along, having a backup clone body ready from this Kamino folks.

He has been waiting for a new apprentice to leech power from, and has been doing it via Kylo from some time, possessing his thoughts and feelings.

Rey is a Skywalker, but perhaps not Luke, perhaps from Leia, who may have had another child with someone besides Han. Whom she hid away to shield her from what happened to Kylo, maybe with Lukes help.

Now , Palpatine is back to take over and bring rise to the Empire. (Or to take revenge on the Skywalkers). The only way to free Kylo from Palpatine and beat hom is to have Kylo and Rey fight him together.

Why do you guys keep doing this to yourselves.. [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just saw the trailer and I’m hopeful but skeptical. More hopeful than I’ve been about a Star Wars movie in a long time.

Couple take aways.

1. Like the Return of the Jedi title, meaning plural, could be interpreted as in the return of the Jedi order or the return of all Jedi, or singular, meaning Anakins redemption or Luke coming back, “returning” to save his father, this title seems to signify many possibilities.

2. Perhaps Rey and Ben will teach a new generation of force users in the tangent teachings of Luke Skywalker where it’s ok for Jedi to have attachments, marry, have families, etc so therefore they would be “Skywalker” like Walking Dead Sanctuary residents are all “Negan.”

3. Could be an entire flashback of Anakin rising to power and Ben showing Rey the ways of the Dark side to rule the galaxy with an iron fist proving Anakin was right. Would make team up theory plausible. Or inversely Ben comes around to a Gray Jedi balance where he is not good or evil but uses dark side abilities to fight yet a bigger evil like his grandfather tried to do.

4. Palpatine laugh at the end could mean several things. He could still be alive. Not likely. He could have cloned himself aka Dark Empire style. Or his spirit, like the Jedi spirits coming to give advice to the living, could advise or posses people to see their plans come to fruition. Not sure about that one but perhaps it’s just a sith holocron with his essence or old archive footage of him our main characters are watching.

I’m excited to find out what direction they go in. Is Palpatine somehow behind everything? Will Rey be able to commune with him? With the Jedi spirits battle the sith spirits in some ghostbuster style melee?

Either way it’s fun to speculate.

TROS is almost a callback to the old novelisation subtitle “From the Adventures of Luke Skywalker”.

And as I opined earlier, the title may be backward-looking rather than forward-looking: wrapping up the saga with exposition and explanation of how it all panned out.

I'm going to continue to not care about this movie and hopefully it will be enjoyable. It worked for Rogue One.

That said, I still haven't seen anything that has grabbed me like some of the other Star Wars movies have.

I did like hearing Palaptine's laugh though (even if I think its a sad way to bring back one more OT character).

All these ideas here are still way better than anything in TLJ.

Oh, BTW, do you know how awesome Khev thinks Rey looks? I think he might have mentioned it once or twice.

I think I heard him mention awesome arm bands?

Something, “Virgin”, something “ass shot” something .......not sure, he may have mentioned it once.
[emoji23]

Undead puppet theory is as good as any. Again it explains why a seemingly unrelated villain would be obsessed with restoring the Vader bloodline and have an affinity for Star Destroyers and planet killing superweapons. Bringing Palps back gives him a bit of a Sauron-vibe where he was defeated once but still hangs on long enough to cause havoc all over again before being put down once and for all by a later generation. I'll freaking take it.

All these ideas here are still way better than anything in TLJ.

Yeah, and Johnson read all of your stories and instead going with one of them he chose to not go in any direction at all.

Of course how can he go in an original direction that no one would not expect. It’s all online for everyone to read. There’s nothing original for to go with when the stories are already told by the fans.

You would have to start a completely new saga or stop giving too much away In your teasers.

Back