Star Wars: Episode IX - THE RISE OF SKYWALKER

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No they tanker cause the movie sucked
AOTC sucked and they sold.. But I agree there is some truth to the film being bad... But I think it was a perfect storm. Release the characters too early, not enough cool looking characters / aliens, toys losing popularity among the youth and people being burned by from buying all the PT figures up and finding that there value did not really increase in a the short period of time they were hoping for.
Some... interesting choices in this thread. Must be millennials!

Yuck. Even though I like TROS.. having ROTS and TLJ in there just depresses me.

AOTC sucked and they sold.. But I agree there is some truth to the film being bad... But I think it was a perfect storm. Release the characters too early, not enough cool looking characters / aliens, toys losing popularity among the youth and people being burned by from buying all the PT figures up and finding that there value did not really increase in a the short period of time they were hoping for.

Yuck. Even though I like TROS.. having ROTS and TLJ in there just depresses me.
that wasn’t it. People will buy what they like Star Wars figures still sell out today and so do PT figures. Aotc sold even tho the movie sucked cause it had good design and vehicles . It’s just the ST didn’t sell. It’s not cause of the burnt out PT buyers or people not wanting to invest anymore. They just found the ST not worth buying. And kids didn’t connect with the characters. If what you say was true they’d stop making Star Wars figures all together cause the brand doesn’t sell anymore. That’s not it. The ST didn’t do well.
Compare it to mando where people bought it up and it sold well. Baby yoda was a high seller. Compare that to the crappy bb8 which did poorly . It’s all on the presentation of the ST and how people didn’t want to buy it

You missed over 50 years of indelible influence on the genre, Alia's entire tragic and powerful arc, struggle with power, possession, realization she’s been the product and tool of an ancient undying scheme, what we come to learn is actually her once defeated evil Grandfather, bent on trying to survive and resurrect himself and his power, through his line, and through her.
To be convinced what they are copying is Avengers? :lol I mean I get some now have a tiny frame of reference, but really?

Last edited:
248926497_10159592359063197_3011586073069758000_n.jpg

Back