Star Wars Backgrounds for display and dioramas

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chew74

Super Freak
Reaction score
Here are the backgrounds I've done so far. Print and Enjoy!

I made it in Photoshop from a whole bunch of references I found. I printed it out on my works big printer. It's about 28x22. Copy and enjoy!

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Here's a Bespin gantry background I also did, if anybody wants to do that part of the duel. Can't wait to get the ESB Vader for that. Once again, enjoy!

Here's the Bespin weathervane background, hope this works. I tried to clean it up as much as I could. Enjoy!

Chew,

This is amazing, thanks for this. I was just thinking where I could find clean backdrop pics to put in my SW detolf. Will you be doing anymore?

Thank you! I think these will come in very handy in the future. What is the biggest you've printed them? Thanks again!

Fantastic......... Ive been thinking about the Falcon Matte Paintings done for RotJ, wondered if i could get hold of a copy and upsize it to 1:6(ish) scale, it would be perfect background for General Lando, Han and some Rebel Pilots.

Fantastic......... Ive been thinking about the Falcon Matte Paintings done for RotJ, wondered if i could get hold of a copy and upsize it to 1:6(ish) scale, it would be perfect background for General Lando, Han and some Rebel Pilots.

This is the best source I've found. I've got a handful of these (Cloud City landing platform, DS2 hangar bay, Endor, etc). The only problem is they're 72 dpi, not really suitable for printing, but if you want to, give it a shot.

mcquarrie16wide.jpg

This is the best source I've found. I've got a handful of these (Cloud City landing platform, DS2 hangar bay, Endor, etc). The only problem is they're 72 dpi, not really suitable for printing, but if you want to, give it a shot.

mcquarrie16wide.jpg

Many thanks :yess:

Anyone interested in a Hoth background picture that can be printed to almost 9 feet wide and 20 inches tall? Or a variation that's 8 feet wide and 26 inches tall? Note, that the image has been scaled (very well) via software from lower resolution source material. Works well as backdrop printed at 150 PPI though.

It's based on an image I found online with an updated Disney/Lucasfilm copyright and features six AT-ATs (one downed), a couple of Snow Speeders, lots of smoke, mountains and the entrance to the rebel base. Blue-white in composition.

Either will be a 2MB or so download as JPEG. I can upload the images to my hosting space if anyone is interested. I'm using the longer one as a backdrop to an ESB Hoth 3 3/4 Kenner/Hasbro dio (about 60" wide, 22" deep and 18" tall)

5.3:1
attachment.php

3.85:1
attachment.php

Last edited:
Sidenote: Chew74, do you have higher resolution versions of your Bespin backgrounds you might be willing to post? Especially the gantry background - I'd hate re-creating all the lights in Illustrator. :)

Thanks, I appreciate you taking a look.

In addition to the two images I've already volunteered, I have a number of other things I'd like to post as well - I just need some time for the requisite retouching.

Back