Star Wars: Andor (September 21st, 2022)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This episode is genuinely amazing in every possible way. All of the build up is well worth the pay off... and we still have 6 episodes and another whole season. to go.
Spoiler Spoiler:
I agree with this.
Spoiler Spoiler:

Andor feels like the return of Star Wars after a sojourn in the cartoon galaxy of TBOBF and OWK.

Season 2 is also coming back home to Elstree Studios, with filming supposedly beginning next month. Should mean more real sets, which Andor has favoured over the virtual StageCraft Volume.

So sifu74 had better buckle up for more British accents!

This quote keeps coming back to me.

On the one hand it always feels like a veiled dig at the ST, TBOBF and OWK. And on the other a manifesto for how they approached the creation of Andor.

There's a brutal realism to the series. It's grim in attitude and appearance. It's the darkest parts pulled from the original Star Wars (ANH) presented in a matter of fact manner. Because the series is unafraid to take its time, it also reveals the process by which the Empire maintains power, and the process by which the Rebels hope to wrest it away.

Andor is more like a novel brought to the screen page by page, and some of the most inspiring Star Wars has been its novels. Something which was lost with the ST, TBOBF and OWK.

werid....I remember you said the show was boring and unbearable to watch last week.
I believe I used the words slow and a strain (that one episode) - but I wasn't (not) about to abandon it. The level of craft on display is outstanding, and this episode brought that arc home, making it all worthwhile. I believe this will be a series that plays much better when binged.

Also, I have appreciated each episode more upon a second viewing.

Last edited:
The show is so good. It really reminds me of the best parts of the EU and reading those novels in the 90s. Cassian is already such an interesting character after only 6 episodes. Watching Rogue One is now going to be recalibrated to the finale of his journey and the culmination of the story of the early years of the rebellion featuring Jyn (who?) Erso's side quest.

So disappointing that Boba Fett and Obi-wan are trash in comparison. I need a some clever fan re-edits of those shows (preferably into movie format) so I can keep them in my canon.

I love how on the press junket for OBK they kept wanking on about how much everyone now loves the prequels 20 years later :ROFLMAO:

No, Ewan, they don't... only the franchise addicts do. The bubble of blind follows that fill those conventions, and squeal at any and all announcements.

I like the prequels but dislike Disney’s fan service and constant callbacks. So there’s that.

Does anyone else think that .....
Spoiler Spoiler:
Honestly, I don't think they'd do a cheap-feeling story element like this, but it does raise the question of how they're going to maintain the sort of momentum they've built up from the previous episode. I don't expect it to be action-packed or anything, but I am so curious on how everything will play out now after that climax.

View attachment 602490

It was, at one point. Nothing but respect for Lucas but the universe lost a bit of that hard edge as the years went on.

The show brings us back to some of the original space western aspects of the OT, alongside many other genres it’s been navigating very well.
True like with Solo, the threat was there. If Andor hadn't taken that deal, Skeen would have shot him first, to now keep the betrayal secret. Andor had to act, or likely be killed at that moment he refused.

Although Solo was somewhat neutered lost his edge, We know at the other extreme Andor loses his humanity to his - shoot first figure it out later - more realistic, un-romanticised, and ruthless surviver edge, well into the start of R1.

Where Lucas laid judgment on that somewhat more realistic instinct, by erasing it from his character.
Gilroy is making it his character.
6wskop.gif

Cassian is now a legit legacy character as far as I'm concerned (bring on the HT figure!). That last sequence with him and Skeen had my eyes popping out of my head; didn't see it coming but damn did I love it!
Absolutely.

Last edited:
True like with Solo, the threat was there. If Andor hadn't taken that deal, Skeen would have shot him first, to now keep the betrayal secret. He had to act or die at that moment.

Although Solo was somewhat neutered lost his edge, We know at the other extreme Andor loses his humanity to his - shoot first figure it out later - more realistic, un-romanticised, and ruthless surviver edge, well into the start of R1.

Where Lucas laid judgment on that somewhat more realistic instinct, by erasing it from his character.
Gilroy is making it his character.
6wr8ur.gif

Absolutely.
Especially since Skeen was persistent that they go to that planet with the doctor pit stop.

He didn’t care about the guy he cared about his ulterior motive and was given that opportunity when the guy got crushed.

Or…..

Skeen set it up for him to get crushed in the first place! :horror

Back