Star Wars: Andor (September 21st, 2022)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is this their new form of damage control for this show in case people start complaining about it? It's like telling legacy fans to prepare for a show they might not like. Gilroy could care less about Star Wars. He made that quite clear with his rounds over RO, and how they were lost without him and how he saved the terrible movie.

Well, at least they are not doing a pre-emptive strike and attacking unhappy fans with using certain terms like the Kenobi crew did.

They are already using the same tactic with She-Hulk. And ditto with Amazon and their faux "Lord of the Rings".

Lol she probably saves Cassian's life, with Lucasfilm implying she is now the true hero of ANH.

WildShorttermBagworm-size_restricted.gif

Regardless of the views of an actress in the series, the rules haven't changed.

E. Controversial Topics (Religion and Politics). Because they are so detrimental to the cohesion of any community, we do not allow the discussion of political/religious views, religious/political figures, or social issues that will inevitably draw members into a heated debate...

Regardless of the views of an actress in the series, the rules haven't changed.

E. Controversial Topics (Religion and Politics). Because they are so detrimental to the cohesion of any community, we do not allow the discussion of political/religious views, religious/political figures, or social issues that will inevitably draw members into a heated debate...
Good thing we're not a community but rather a bunch of complete strangers espousing wildly divergent views while hiding behind avatars lol...

:wave

Wishful thinking.... This IS Disney we are talking about. They find a way to put comedy in everything now a days. It's really getting disheartening. I enjoy comedy/satire, but it's getting ridiculous.

When I watch a serious movie/show with no forced situational laughs or comedic relief now a days, I feel like I hit Cinematic gold. :lol

Loved the Terminal List on Amazon Prime. And The Old Man is great too. Don't believe I ever laughed once during any of either show's episodes.. :yess:
You keep forgetting thier target audience is children….they want new viewers and are not all that concerned with the old fartz opinons.

They will throw us a bone every now and then to keep us coming back.

This may be one of those bones….

then again….

No one hates Star Wars like Star Wars fans.

Yeah...stormtroopers get humiliated like this far too often. At some point I want to see a character who thinks he (or she) is all that try to take out a squad of stormies with a stick - and get shot the hell down.
I'm sure LFL thinks that making the Empire and stormtroopers in any way competent means they have to be presented as PT battle droids in a Benny Hill chase.

Unfortunately that choice defuses the stakes (you wait bored, over and over, as the legion of stormies is decimated effortlessly in 45 seconds with heroes uninjured) and makes the heroes seem like idiots that they can't prevail in a wider war if they win every battle so laughably easily.

Stormtroopers are supposed to represent murderous authoritarian regimes, and just like in the real world, they are supposed to be not just difficult adversaries, but a force that could win.

Portraying them as goofballs in armor made of white marzipan de-fangs and dumbs down the whole thing and renders the shows about nothing more than nostalgia and merch sales.

Last edited:
You keep forgetting thier target audience is children….they want new viewers and are not all that concerned with the old fartz opinons.

They will throw us a bone every now and then to keep us coming back.

This may be one of those bones….

then again….

No one hates Star Wars like Star Wars fans.
This show sure looks like catnip for the kids. :lol

I'm not sure Diego Luna has ever smiled or done anything that could be misconstrued as "heroic" in his entire career. And Stellan Skarsgard getting de-armed and smashed through a giant window by a shark in Deep Blue Sea is the closest he's ever gotten to "fun."

But it's true that no one hates Star Wars fans like Star Wars fans. That's just how Disney and LFL wanted it.

Now that's interesting.

georgeluc.jpg
Hmm, maybe I was mistaken but I do believe the OT utterly bullseyed the religio-cultural, political - and generational - upheavals that followed WWII and exploded in the decade before ANH. While also yes... mining nostalgia and driving merch sales.

It's a fine point to be sure, but a key point nonetheless. One that was totally missed by Disney from day one, right up to today.

Back