Star Wars: Andor (September 21st, 2022)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Would you count Serkis? DC, MCU, Apes, LotR, SW.
Serkis, yes! Good call. So obvious. But he's just another 5? He seems like he'd be in 6-8.

Hemsworth: MCU, Mad Max, Star Trek, MiB, Ghostbusters, Vacation, Snow White...
I don't accept Vacation or Snow White. Another 5er only.

Writers -
https://screenrant.com/andor-show-star-wars-writers-list-dan-gilroy/
Now, the Writers Guild of America reveal that Gilroy’s involvement stretches beyond just managerial duties, as he is credited as the lead writer for Andor episodes 1-3. Alongside him, his brother Dan Gilroy, whose previous works include Nightcrawler and Kong: Skull Island,penned episodes 5 and 6. Lastly, the WGA announces that Stephen Schiff, who is mainly known for his work on The Americans, wrote Andor episode 7.

Composer -
https://variety.com/2022/artisans/n...cession-composer-nicholas-britell-1235279455/
“It’s definitely orchestral-plus, I would say,” Britell said. “Orchestra features heavily in it. There’s a wide range of sounds, and I’ve created a lot of new sounds. There are strings and brass, but there’s also lots of other stuff too.

“Without giving anything away, I would say that [executive producer] Kathy Kennedy, [creator and showrunner] Tony Gilroy, everyone right from the beginning, felt it was very important that we craft a unique set of sounds for this story, for the characters, for the world we’re creating here.

“So there’s been a lot of conversation, but actually a lot of freedom too, for me to explore things. Everyone’s on the same page about having a specific set of soundscape textures, sound worlds, for this.”

Gilroy contacted Britell months before shooting began, enabling the composer to write “source music” that would be featured on-screen later. “I’m writing all the score and also their source music,” Britell confirms.

This is their first project together. “My wife and I are massive Tony Gilroy fans,” Britell says, adding that “Michael Clayton” – which earned Gilroy 2007 Oscar nominations for writing, directing and best picture – is one of their favorite films.

“Tony and I got together for our first session in August 2020. Because there’s a lot of music in the series, we really jumped in, and that has continued to this day. We get together multiple times a week for hours at a time.” (It turns out that Britell and Gilroy are neighbors in Manhattan.)

Asked how the collaboration began, Britell says, “There were a few moments that Tony wanted to figure out early… a few very specific moments. Experimentation is really crucial to the composing process; you don’t know until you try things out. I remember getting some of the first reels and pinching myself — am I really working on something in the ‘Star Wars’ universe?”

Finding musical solutions to specific scenes led eventually to the creation of themes for the series – not so much for characters but relationships. “I’m always most moved when themes interact with different characters. Something might center around one person, but then it might actually be about a broader story.”

There have already been multiple recording sessions (“almost every month”) in London’s AIR Lyndhurst studios, Britell says, although he declines to specify how many musicians are performing. “It gets as big as you can get,” he says. (AIR comfortably holds 80 to 90 players.)

“The scope of the series is massive. Every episode has new demands, new music, and new ideas. It’s important that as the story evolves, the music should evolve too. We’ve been working nonstop for months, actually years, at this point.”

Britell has been unable to attend the London recordings because of pandemic restrictions, but – having lately recorded “Underground Railroad,” “Don’t Look Up” and “Cruella” there — has a team in place that he trusts.

Britell pays tribute to the legendary John Williams, who appeared in Anaheim yesterday to introduce his theme for “Obi-Wan Kenobi,” which debuts today on Disney+. “I don’t think there’s a composer out there who could say that they weren’t in some way inspired by, or affected by, the music of the ‘Star Wars’ universe.”

Luna promising a more character-focused story this time around. “Rogue One is more about an event than the actual journey of [the] characters,” he says. “It’s quite amazing to start a show where it’s not about where we can end – it’s about, how did we end there?”
new-andor-tw.png

Stellan Skarsgård plays Luthen Rael I assumed might play Imperial, is actually a lead Rebel
6lty2l.gif

FTtGbW_WUAAj_kv

""
""

Last edited:
Season 1 - is the set-up- set 5 years before Rogue One (spans 1 year) (with further flash backs to Andor as child))

Season 2 - (will span the next 4 years)
- Eps 1-3: 4 years bR1
- Eps 4-6: 3 years bR1
- Eps 7-9: 2 years bR1
- Eps 10-12: 1 year bR1 ...going into the events of the R1 movie

Last edited:
Imperials wearing blue now? What happened to that regiment in Star Wars lore? Maybe they were so unsuccessful their uniforms were retired, permanently.

6mgphk.gif

LOL yeah not the most innovative, yet they are going for the familiar grittier lived in world building, these designs are rough, didn't realize that's what he was in the trailer, thought it was a tractor/crawler.
6mf1cr.gif

Maybe he's some kind of salvage droid, seems fitting.
Looks like his segmented body expands up, and from the box art can move and tilt his "neck" likely gives him some expressive character.
6mfpr1.gif

I like Andor's look.

6mf0d9.jpg
6mfe20.jpg

Last edited:
I'm really looking forward to this series. I think it has great potential. The other thing that is helping (at least by looking at the trailer) is that maybe Disney is realizing the Volume works for several things, but not everything. The fact that a lot of this was on location will really help it stand apart, IMO.

I'm really looking forward to this series. I think it has great potential. The other thing that is helping (at least by looking at the trailer) is that maybe Disney is realizing the Volume works for several things, but not everything. The fact that a lot of this was on location will really help it stand apart, IMO.
Yep - Andor Is the First Star Wars Show for Disney That 'Doesn't Lean' on StageCraft - IGN

That new Cassian is very Blade Runner-esque
Deckard x Che Guevara.

Just curious who they hire him to kill his first mission?

Last edited:
I downloaded and watched all of Mandalorian, Boba Fett, and Obi Wan. But I just can't waste my time with this. An entire series based on one of the most bland and forgettable SW "characters" of all time. He's not even one of Filoni's little made up fan fic characters. I'll check in to this thread occasionally to see what kind of fan service cameos they insert into this.

I downloaded and watched all of Mandalorian, Boba Fett, and Obi Wan. But I just can't waste my time with this. An entire series based on one of the most bland and forgettable SW "characters" of all time. He's not even one of Filoni's little made up fan fic characters. I'll check in to this thread occasionally to see what kind of fan service cameos they insert into this.
What? It's my karma...so I idly start watching Mando, didn't really care, minutes in it blows my mind. I thought Obi would be incredible and in many ways it blew, just like when I thought TROS would heal all and it was %$#.

Didn't care about Andor so it'll give Mando a run for best SW evah. Karma. Or Disney just slapping me around.

I'm interested in Andor simply because of Gilroy and the chance to see more of the Empire. I don't care about the Rebels at all, but hopefully we'll get some good space politic storylines. OWK was pure trash, so it can't be worse than that in any case.

Back