Star Trek: Picard

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As much as I feel “All Good Things” is arguably the perfect series finale we’ve seen in Trek, I love these characters and did enjoy the TNG films, from Generations to Nemesis, so I’m grateful we got those.

I’m seeing a lot more positive feedback vs. negative as of now so who knows. These reviewers adamantly hated both previous seasons but have given season 3 a thumbs up so that’s what stands out for me.

I hope they’re right and this turns out to be a pleasant surprise.

I've really enjoyed Patrick Stewart's work over the years, ever since the first episode of ST:TNG aired. But I can't shake the feeling that he's been rendered a bit of a parody of himself in recent years ... the vulnerable, aging, querelous old man thing degenerating into schtick. I can't watch him look desperate and confused anymore, got enough of that in Logan. It's reaching Joaquin Phoenix-level typecasting.

Need to do updated series on DS9 and Voyager and Enterprise. They were just as good in their own way as TNG. Brooks needs to come back as Sisko because no point updating DS9 without him. Rapidly, him, along with Archer becoming my favorite Captains at this point.

Time to dial-back that optimism...

"Picard remains a grimdark slog, shot on perpetually underlit sets and featuring a succession of increasingly-bleak setpieces. The plot is stretched so thin that the first four episodes turn out to be little more than an extended prologue for the rest. A prologue that could, I should add, have been an efficient, and possibly more enjoyable, hour. The story is so obvious, too, that you’ll be ahead of the characters pretty much non-stop as they stumble from one idiot plot to the next."

https://www.engadget.com/star-trek-picard-season-three-paramount-plus-preview-review-080010650.html
You must of dug pretty deep to find that. Every review I've seen is singing its praises. When old school Trek fans who were very vocal about how bad new Trek was, are now singing the praises of Picard season 3.....it's time to dial the optimism up even more.

Need to do updated series on DS9 and Voyager and Enterprise. They were just as good in their own way as TNG. Brooks needs to come back as Sisko because no point updating DS9 without him. Rapidly, him, along with Archer becoming my favorite Captains at this point.

RMB (who saw the whole series early) said DS9 plays a important part in Picard Season 3.

It's Lore, Data isn't a part of s3 as far as I know.

Thanks, that's a relief, I just couldn't imagine them allowing Lore to be part of the crew. Should have known it could be anyone considering how many Brent Spiners apparently appeared in S2.

Obviously I have some catching up to do!

Last edited:
You must of dug pretty deep to find that. Every review I've seen is singing its praises. When old school Trek fans who were very vocal about how bad new Trek was, are now singing the praises of Picard season 3.....it's time to dial the optimism up even more.
Oh there's plenty more. Here's one just for you:
https://www.escapistmagazine.com/the-third-season-of-picard-is-star-treks-rise-of-skywalker/
"As with so much modern franchise media, there is no real ambition here. The third season of Picard isn’t longing to light the world on fire. It doesn’t really have anything profound or insightful to say about the world in which it was produced and released. It doesn’t have a strong authorial viewpoint. It doesn’t even have a real sense of purpose. It just wants to be liked by the presumed target audience of hardcore fans desperately yearning to be reminded of The Next Generation."

If you want to blindly endorse something you haven't seen by all means, but not everyone who has seen it feels it's that great. I hope they're wrong, I hope I'm wrong, but given this team's track record so far I remain skeptical.

https://www.escapistmagazine.com/the-third-season-of-picard-is-star-treks-rise-of-skywalker/
"As with so much modern franchise media, there is no real ambition here. The third season of Picard isn’t longing to light the world on fire. It doesn’t really have anything profound or insightful to say about the world in which it was produced and released. It doesn’t have a strong authorial viewpoint. It doesn’t even have a real sense of purpose. It just wants to be liked by the presumed target audience of hardcore fans desperately yearning to be reminded of The Next Generation."

If you want to blindly endorse something you haven't seen by all means, but not everyone who has seen it feels it's that great. I hope they're wrong, I hope I'm wrong, but given this team's track record so far I remain skeptical.

https://www.bing.com/search?q=picar...l5j69i64.5895j0j1&pglt=43&FORM=ANNTA1&PC=U531
Im not sure where you are looking exactly, but when I do a simple search it brings up lots of praises.

Is blindly endorsing something really any different then blindly putting it down?

As I said earlier long time Trek fans, that I do listen to that HAVE seen it, and who HAVE actively hated all the new Trek, have sung the new season's praises. I'm more inclined to put my hopes in them and the overpouring positive reviews then the couple of negative reviews.

The bad reviews come right to the top in a Google search for "Star Trek Picard Season 3 Review." Maybe Bing is a shill search engine that suppresses the bad reviews? :)

I hope it is good. I still plan to watch it. I'm just trying to point out that it isn't all universal praise.

I’d say something around VOY is more likely than DS9. For whatever reason Avery Brooks fell off the map and hasn’t done any acting since 2001, he seems to have become a recluse. Maybe we’ll see some cameos from other cast members in something.

I can see some sort of spinoff post-Picard happening, maybe centred around Seven of Nine. ENT got screwed with their series finale so I’d like to see that rectified somehow, personally I love that show and Bakula.

“The Third Season of Picard Is Star Trek’s Rise of Skywalker”

Yikes, hope they’re wrong.

The promotional Program that Wil Weaton hosted ( that’s another story I guess) seemed to hint at some kind of a spin-off.
Seven of Nine is probably a good guess given the relationship established with Raffi in season two fits the direction that the current Trek show runners are so strongly intending.

The promotional Program that Wil Weaton hosted ( that’s another story I guess) seemed to hint at some kind of a spin-off.
Seven of Nine is probably a good guess given the relationship established with Raffi in season two fits the direction that the current Trek show runners are so strongly intending.

So about that.... From what I read in some reviews that were not so spoiler free, Raffi and Seven are split up, and they don't get back together. Take it for what its worth though we still havent seen the end of the show.

Back