Star Trek Beyond

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Only Saw it because I didn't have to pay for it. Still wish I could have my 2 hrs back!:banghead. I'm also Glad that eye sore of a ship got destroyed, but knowing the retards running Star Trek the'll find a way to make the new one uglier.

It was that bad for you?

I liked the Enterprise in these reboots. MUCH better than the new series ship. Now THAT is ugly!

lol that article was a joke. He's flaming Star Trek based on two shots from the film as if the whole film was based on a political agenda, it's arguably one of the better films of the reboots. The marketing was weak for this film, but it also didn't have a whole lot to hang the marketing on, this one was much more character driven than the previous films, it was a great change of pace for me.

lol that article was a joke. He's flaming Star Trek based on two shots from the film as if the whole film was based on a political agenda, it's arguably one of the better films of the reboots. The marketing was weak for this film, but it also didn't have a whole lot to hang the marketing on, this one was much more character driven than the previous films, it was a great change of pace for me.

If they hadn't announced before hand that Sulu was gay, no one would've probably paid any attention to those scenes. Sulu's husband could've been seen as his brother who was watching his daughter while Sulu was away, that is just how sexual those scenes were.

No one cared when there was lesbians in Star Trek because men give that a pass.

Box office dropping big time on this......not so sure Paramount has much confidence in the next one unless they cheap out and go much lower budget- this one was a huge CGI fest from opening frame on-must have been very expensive

The plan this weekend is for the wife and I to go see ST while all the cool kids are caged in together watching Suicide Squad.

Box office dropping big time on this......not so sure Paramount has much confidence in the next one unless they cheap out and go much lower budget- this one was a huge CGI fest from opening frame on-must have been very expensive

It's almost made it's money back and it's hasn't even opened in some big markets yet. For some reason, it's not opening in some countries till September. I'm sure it will be fine.

I think they should've stuck with a May opening like the other two.

Last edited:
Word - of - mouth on this has been good No other tent poles opening anytime soon so if it can keep some screens and hang on for a while, it could get some late - comers and repeat business. Heck, I'll go again. ..liked it THAT much. Best of the re - boot series. ..

Word - of - mouth on this has been good No other tent poles opening anytime soon so if it can keep some screens and hang on for a while, it could get some late - comers and repeat business. Heck, I'll go again. ..liked it THAT much. Best of the re - boot series. ..

I plan on going again. The theaters around me are keeping it on two screens yet this weekend. That's good for my area since we don't have large multiplexes.

It was that bad for you?

I liked the Enterprise in these reboots. MUCH better than the new series ship. Now THAT is ugly!
I will give it this...it was as close to the Trek I love as this New Franchise was able to get. I never had a problem with dialing up the action a few notches. It just hurts that the writing got dialed down alot of notches.The new soon to be series ship design is definately a head scratcher. But to me nothing can beat The Motion Picture Enterprise Refit design.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

So did you like it?

I admit there were some good parts and some good action, but I left the film feeling underwhelmed like l know Paramount can make a good balanced Trek movie, but just can't get the right people to do it or don't give a fig.Maybe I'm still ticked off with Paramount at what they're doing to fan film makers, and it's making me a little biased.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

If they hadn't announced before hand that Sulu was gay, no one would've probably paid any attention to those scenes. Sulu's husband could've been seen as his brother who was watching his daughter while Sulu was away, that is just how sexual those scenes were.

No one cared when there was lesbians in Star Trek because men give that a pass.

Janeway was not a lesbian!!!

Good movie! Not great, but I left the film with a good feeling. Definitely a weak villain, and the CGI was pretty bad. I love Jaylah and the finale was very cool. I still think the first film was the best in the series.

This was a great film overall, not fantastic and I actually liked the original and 'Into Darkness' a little better but this shows that Paramount has struck gold with their new Star Trek franchise. My favorite parts were the interaction between the characters as you can see that they definitely all have chemistry and I have fit into the roles very nicely.

With reports that a fourth film is happening, I think it's time to bring in the KLINGONS. We saw them briefly in the second flick but I think it's time to go big and bring in some 'classic' Star Trek alien races as the villains. They have constantly mention in all three movies that relations between the Klingons and the Federation are "tense" so maybe it's time to finally break it open.

This was a great film overall, not fantastic and I actually liked the original and 'Into Darkness' a little better but this shows that Paramount has struck gold with their new Star Trek franchise. My favorite parts were the interaction between the characters as you can see that they definitely all have chemistry and I have fit into the roles very nicely.

With reports that a fourth film is happening, I think it's time to bring in the KLINGONS. We saw them briefly in the second flick but I think it's time to go big and bring in some 'classic' Star Trek alien races as the villains. They have constantly mention in all three movies that relations between the Klingons and the Federation are "tense" so maybe it's time to finally break it open.
Yeah I got the same feeling I think one reviewer summed it up nicely . It's like a rollacoster you enjoy but have ridden before so you know already know we're all the twists and turns are .

Good but more of the same. These movies don't seem to be able to bring in the money that comic movies bring in not sure why make they need to change direction give it a little edge It something .

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

Yeah I got the same feeling I think one reviewer summed it up nicely . It's like a rollacoster you enjoy but have ridden before so you know already know we're all the twists and turns are .

Good but more of the same. These movies don't seem to be able to bring in the money that comic movies bring in not sure why make they need to change direction give it a little edge It something .

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

Spot on.....But I do like that ride....

Back