Star ace Harry Potter - Mad-Eye Moody

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Totally unexpected!

******* awesome figure!!
Any news on Nagini? (This is the last time I ask)

I thought about sculpting Nagini for my Voldy, but I came to the conclusion that Star Ace would probably get around to it at some point, not to mention they'd do a helleva better job than me.

What would be really awseome is a creature pack: Nagini, Dobby, Creature, Crookshanks (if he's not with Hermione) and a few pigmy puffs. . . for the ladies, y'know, because pigmy puffs are not manly or whatever. . . ah-hem :) DRAGONS! YEAH!

The realities of the 1:6 market are starting to sink in with Star Ace. If we want more obscure characters which might not sell in the same numbers as Harry and friends it will have to be at the cost of slightly elevated prices. Moody will retail for $203.

Ah, that's a bit of a downer. Doesn't matter, it's only about $20 difference, nowhere near Hot Toys nasty, whatever it takes for Star Ace to keep making these figures.

They are doing great work with this series. I imagine Nagini will maybe come with another evil character at some point, maybe with Peter, Voldi's one handed minion.

Mad-Eye looks great! I am so happy that this line is striving. So many cool characters to tackle. If $200 means we get consistant Hot Toys quality, it's still a very good price!

BBTS has Mad-Eye up for preorder now. I haven't picked up any other figures from this line yet, but I'm very tempted to pick this guy up. Star Ace is doing phenomenal work with this line! Hopefully, they announce Dumbledore soon!

o crap 200$ in bbts 20$ more than Lord V......
maybe its easier to sculpt Head without a nose.

Yea, I'm okay with them hitting $200 with Mad-Eye - lesser characters are going to sell fewer, and between the eyeball and the leg, this isn't a standard figure. I'm just hoping that they don't jump into Hot Toys territory too fast - if they can keep the overall line in the under $200 range and build on their success, it will allow them to gain market share.

Yea, I'm okay with them hitting $200 with Mad-Eye - lesser characters are going to sell fewer, and between the eyeball and the leg, this isn't a standard figure. I'm just hoping that they don't jump into Hot Toys territory too fast - if they can keep the overall line in the under $200 range and build on their success, it will allow them to gain market share.

I agree... this is a much more complex figure with a number significant elements that can't be reused with other figures. They could have just given a metal foot, but nope... it's a full leg. And he's got a much more complicated outfit than a figure like Voldemort.

I agree... this is a much more complex figure with a number significant elements that can't be reused with other figures. They could have just given a metal foot, but nope... it's a full leg. And he's got a much more complicated outfit than a figure like Voldemort.

Yep - i agree with all of this too. It's still way better value for money than some of the HTs. Great figure.

I really love this. If you had asked me 2 years ago if I was getting this, I would have said HELL YES. It's just a bit late in the game and I've moved on a bit. I still have my mini busts and wands and I think that's where I leave it.

For anyone else getting this, I think you'll love it and I'm excited for you. Probably a bit jealous, too.
:D

This is an amazing looking figure.

I have to pass on him, as he isn't a favorite character so I can't really justify the price. But I sure hope he sells well for them.

Back